Girls in their 20's looking to motivate each other!

Replies

• osche731
    osche731 Posts: 213 Member
    I'm in too! I'm 26 and have quite a bit to lose!!
  • Lunabug10
    Lunabug10 Posts: 1 Member
    I’m 24 and 5’2” and 169lbs. I’m looking to lose around 40lbs and would love some friends to help me!
  • 033Samantha033
    033Samantha033 Posts: 14 Member
    Hi Ladies! I'm Samantha, just turned 30. Dont know if that 30 makes a big difference for you guys. I feel 25 at heart. I'm new to this support group thing. I've been told it works and help for accountability. I have 30lbs to lose. My reason for losing weight is to have a healthy pregnancy and a change in lifestyle

Add me!! Need help on this journey.
  • lilstry
    lilstry Posts: 120 Member
    Hi girlies! (or any guys reading) I'm 20 and I've lost about 30 pounds so far. My goal is to lose 20 pounds. If anyone wants friends to keep each other accountable feel free to add me :)
  • snugglesworthjr
    snugglesworthjr Posts: 176 Member
    Hello everyone! My name's Jen, and I'm 29. This isn't my first time trying to lose fat, but it will be my first time trying to do it while eating out for every single meal of the day. I'll be backpacking through Southeast Asia for some months, so meal prep won't be possible. I think I'm going to need quite a bit of support not to over-eat. Happy to return the favor, of course :)
  • whatzabate
    whatzabate Posts: 17 Member
    Sounds like you know what you need to do: being mentally and physically healthy is so important to your happiness. The key is to not give up. I'm excited for this support group so that we can help keep each other on track. You have got this!! <3

Thank you so much for the insight. Yes I wont give up!!! 🤗🤗🤗
  • guitargirl55
    guitargirl55 Posts: 258 Member
    Hey ladies, hope you are all doing well!

So I was doing great, and I completely fell apart this weekend. This is a really bad pattern for me, I always over eat (a lot) on the weekends and it ruins all of my hard work during the week. I'm wondering how you all handle weekends. Do you still diet/calorie count? Do you have any tips for staying on track?

Second question is for those of you who drink. I have been trying to limit alcohol since it is so high in calories, but I do still want to grab a drink with my friends now and then. I have been drinking Vodka water with lime juice, which is actually pretty good, but I am getting sick of it. Do any of you have suggestions for healthier drinks (healthy being a relative term ;) )?
  • lorrainekeeler
    lorrainekeeler Posts: 6 Member
    Hey ladies, hope you are all doing well!

So I was doing great, and I completely fell apart this weekend. This is a really bad pattern for me, I always over eat (a lot) on the weekends and it ruins all of my hard work during the week. I'm wondering how you all handle weekends. Do you still diet/calorie count? Do you have any tips for staying on track?

Second question is for those of you who drink. I have been trying to limit alcohol since it is so high in calories, but I do still want to grab a drink with my friends now and then. I have been drinking Vodka water with lime juice, which is actually pretty good, but I am getting sick of it. Do any of you have suggestions for healthier drinks (healthy being a relative term ;) )?

I’m not strict with myself on the weekends but I do try to cut where I can if I know I’ll be eating out. Like I have a bit of yogurt in the morning if I know I’ll have lunch out or a very light dinner if I had a big brunch. Is the problem that the people you’re with eat a lot and you keep up with them or are you feeling deprived from the week so you end up overeating?

For drinks I think this app is a huge motivator to not have a second (or third or fourth) drink because you see the numbers add up. But for that one drink I do have I don’t scrimp... I’d rather have one tasty cocktail than 3 vodka sodas... but that’s just me! Maybe it would help to tell your friends you don’t want to go overboard so they can help you stay accountable and not egg you on to drink more?

Oh and last thing is I try to come up with fun things to do that don’t involve drinking (or that involve exercise, even better!) so then I don’t feel like I have to drink to see my friends. But I do think the most important thing is to not beat yourself up for “slip ups” especially if they involve seeing friends and having fun.
  • guitargirl55
    @lorrainekeeler Thanks for the advice! :) I think the problem is a break in my schedule. Being home rather than at work I have free access to snacks all day and I also eat out more, so it's hard to stay on track. To be honest, maybe I just need to try harder or incorporate more exercise on the weekend lol.

I am hoping to find a drink that is tasty and also isn't 200 calories - but that may be overly optimistic of me. I think I will try telling some of my friends. They are pretty supportive, and would probably be helpful and may have some ideas too!

I love the exercise suggestion. I have recently gotten into horseback riding and it has been great because it is exercise that is actually fun!
  • MountainMamaK
    MountainMamaK Posts: 13 Member
    I’m 23 and a mom of 2. My goal is to lose 120 pounds this year. Looking for motivation and accountability ❤️ Add me y’all!
  • snugglesworthjr
    snugglesworthjr Posts: 176 Member
    @guitargirl55 I treat the weekends same as the weekdays, the diet is still on! I eat out a lot in general, so what I do is try to overestimate the calories in the meals eaten at restaurants. Usually I eat only until I feel no more hunger rather than until I’m ready for a food coma, so that way I use the amount of hunger I feel as a gauge for how many calories I’m actually consuming. It’s not perfect, but this method lets me enjoy eating out without any guilt.
  • kstreit1997
    kstreit1997 Posts: 5 Member
    I am right around your weight and height (5’1ish) and I totally agree. My fiancé is supportive of me and bless his heart he tries but he still eats McDonalds in front of me which doesn’t help. I would love to get to know you and help each other reach our goals! I am 21 btw haha
  • JessicaJFries
    JessicaJFries Posts: 20 Member
    I’m Jessica. I’m 28 and looking to loose over 100lbs. Looking for supportive girls :)
    Please feel free to add me!
  • monlynn615
    monlynn615 Posts: 2 Member
    Hi all! I’m 28 and have struggled for the past 10 years with maintaining my weight loss- I’ve gained 15 lbs then lost 25lbs then gained 35 lbs then lost again and gained again and I’m tired of the yo-yo! I’m looking for people closer to my age to help not only hold me accountable but also share some lessons or ideas they have about keeping motivated and new recipes for food and such. Disclaimer: I don’t do well with “just do it” so please don’t post that as “motivation” for me. I get it’s a lifestyle change- I’m just looking for ideas to help me stay motivated when I’ve had a long stressful week and just want to indulge. Thanks!
  • guitargirl55
    @guitargirl55 I treat the weekends same as the weekdays, the diet is still on! I eat out a lot in general, so what I do is try to overestimate the calories in the meals eaten at restaurants. Usually I eat only until I feel no more hunger rather than until I’m ready for a food coma, so that way I use the amount of hunger I feel as a gauge for how many calories I’m actually consuming. It’s not perfect, but this method lets me enjoy eating out without any guilt.

Smart. It's weird that I dont even really think about whether I am hungry or not WHILE I am eating lol! I think that makes a lot of sense.
  • guitargirl55
    @kstreit1997 My boyfriend does the same thing! He is really supportive, but he eats SO much food and is somehow not gaining weight. He eats a late meal at like 11pm everynight, and makes is so hard to not eat lol.
  • Chantelle9112
    Chantelle9112 Posts: 16 Member
    I’m 27 and have an 8 month old and 2 year old. Im 5ft5 my current weight is 134lb and my best weight is in the 120s so somewhere there is my goal.
    I have used my fitness pal in the past to go from 230 to 120lb so for the most part the weight stayed off.
  • BeckyakaRebel
    BeckyakaRebel Posts: 9 Member
    Hello, Ladies! Im Becky. 29, 5'4" and 172 lbs. Looking mostly to tone up. In the last 6 months ive gained about 20 lbs and quite a few inches lol. Motorcycle season is in 3 months and i seem to have outgrown my leathers. Been doing some cardio on the elliptical for a week and yesterday started Focus T25. If anyone wants to add me, thatd be awesome!
  • dblair27
    dblair27 Posts: 64 Member
    So glad this thread exists!! 23 years old, 5'4''. Current weight is 160, trying to get down to 125ish. Anyone can feel free to add me!
  • AlyNicole0930
    AlyNicole0930 Posts: 6 Member
    Hey girl! I am so down! I’m 20 5’6 and 168.8lbs. (YIKES). I just sent you a friend request!!