Yoga

So today I am challenging myself to start a lifestyle change and adding yoga. Did about 15 mins after warm up and thought “oh gosh..... this is going to take some patience!”

Replies

• tadpole90
    tadpole90 Posts: 2 Member
    I went to my first yoga class last night - Slow Flow Yoga. Was great. Tonight - Pilates!
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    There are a number of MFP user who use Yoga with Adriene.
  • hippiesaur
    hippiesaur Posts: 137 Member
    Try Yoga with Adriene on YouTube, she has amazing beginner friendly videos :)
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    good job you two :)
  • concordancia
    mbaker566 wrote: »
    good job you two :)

We were a minute (probably seconds, actually) apart!
  • phoebe112476
    phoebe112476 Posts: 269 Member
    Just started yoga classes myself. Loving it! Anyone who is a regular have thoughts about the calorie burn for an hour long basic yoga class? I feel like I work at most of poses with a lot of muscle use and sweat like I am really working out. The MFP chive I use says about 200 cals/ hour, does this seem right?
  • concordancia
    Just started yoga classes myself. Loving it! Anyone who is a regular have thoughts about the calorie burn for an hour long basic yoga class? I feel like I work at most of poses with a lot of muscle use and sweat like I am really working out. The MFP chive I use says about 200 cals/ hour, does this seem right?

It well could be because using a lot of muscle strength building, rather than cardio, especially as you are getting started. Putting tension in your muscles just doesn't burn the same kind of calories as using the muscles to swing your limbs around at a quick rhythm.
  • ShopGirl9999
    ShopGirl9999 Posts: 775 Member
    Love YIN yoga. Long stretches and relaxing. You tube has some great ones