Calorie Adjustment

pteece1
pteece1 Posts: 1 Member
So, I am a little confused and looking for so I guidance. My start weight was 275, so I input all my I formation and MFP gave me all the information of how many caloires I needdd to lose 2lbs a week which is great.. However and here is the question, I am now at 264 so should I go back into MFP and change the weight so it gives me a new caloric number as I am no longer the 275? Surely if I keep eating to that I am going to add weight? Right now I have a pretty huge deficit as I am working my *kitten* off, but if I have a day where I do not do a lot (rare) and eat that amount of calories surly that will put me in a surplus? So I guess my question is do I need to go in and change my weight and if so how often should I be doing that? Every 10lbs, 20lbs etc? Hope I have made this a little clearer than mud.. Thanks and looking forward to the feedback .

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,907 Member
    Yes, every ten pounds you will get a tiny bit fewer calories but you have to go to GOALS, adjust your weight and then click "Save."

Congrats on that loss. :)
  • eatyogarun
    eatyogarun Posts: 59 Member
    I thought if you checked in and updated your weight that it would change your goals automatically.

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,907 Member
    edited January 2019
    eatyogarun wrote: »
    I thought if you checked in and updated your weight that it would change your goals automatically.

no. You have to go to goals and click save. It will prompt you, but you have to tell it to change it. This is the prompt:

qv526eft8it9.png