Do Cigarettes Have Calories?

Replies

• Smacfit_
    Smacfit_ Posts: 101 Member
    sarah21 wrote: »
    silly to ask i know, but do cigarettes have calories?
    I hear that they do because they have a small amount of sugar in them.
    I dont know if thats true or not.
    it wouldnt stop me, but i was just wondering because i basically smoke more than i eat.

sgw :smokin:

116647.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Online Calorie Counter

Cigarettes have calories if you eat them
  • exhilen
    exhilen Posts: 43 Member
    smacyhz wrote: »
    silly to ask i know, but do cigarettes have calories?
    I hear that they do because they have a small amount of sugar in them.
    I dont know if thats true or not.
    it wouldnt stop me, but i was just wondering because i basically smoke more than i eat.

116647.png

Cigarettes have calories if you eat them

voukxuomhzlp.gif

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    urloved33 wrote: »
    SMOKING IS BAD FOR US...REALLY. OMG TELL EVERYONE RIGHT NOW. we all need to know that. thank you all so much for the information. :#

Are you arguing that this *isn't* useful information?

USEALLCAPS,PLEASE. Cannot compute. TY
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,926 Member
    t3017.gif t3018.gif
    t3021.gif

* post has no point, just an excuse to post more smilies. B);)
  • paperpudding
    also wonders whether resurecting a thread started in 2009 is a record :o
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Even if they do, unless you're eating them, it shouldn't matter.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member

Dangit.
  • mywayroche
    mywayroche Posts: 218 Member
    If you eat them then yes, yes they do. The definition of a calorie includes combustion of the item to test how much energy is stored in it by heating a predefined quantity of water and measuring the temperature increase. interestingly even coal has calories but noone ever thought you'd get fat by eating it.

Can you absorb calories through your lungs? No. Ask the models that live on cigarettes and diet Coke 🤣
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member

We had a 2007 necro back in December. :laugh:
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,907 Member
    edited January 2019

because now it's in my highlighted posts anyway. May as well make a snarky comment.

Love ya paperpudding - please don't take offense.

giphy.gif
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Candy cigarettes?
  • paperpudding
    cmriverside, no offence taken.

and love your cute gif c0411.gif
  • Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Oh i don't mind at all. But no your right im not too worried about my health, obviously, but i do eat a lot of salads and fruits and vegies, and i do work out almost everyday (not for very long).
    I always know in the back of my mind that when i get married and maybe have kids that i would just not want to smoke anymore. Im 21 & find that it's something i dont need, but just enjoy. I started smoking when i was 15, and my mum found out and she was upset so i quit. when i turned 19 i started smoking again cuz i was around a lot of people who did it and my mum didnt care since i was old enough at that time. So im thinking that if im doing it for someone else i can stop in a heart beat, but i have no one to stop for right now...it's just me.
    But your all right, im aware, and i have so much respect for people who do quite smoking.
    I dont think that im one of those who learns from others, i have to have something tragic happen to me b4 i learn my lesson, lol, its a horrible thing.

But i do respect your thoughts, however i dont think one can take dieting too far, unless your throwing up your meals to lose that weight.

thanks! :wink:

116647.png

This posting make me sad, very sad. By the time that you want or try quit smoking for somebody else, it could be too late. Not taking care of your health right now, will not do much for any child that you may have in the future.

If you don't want to stop for you and wait for "somebody else to show up," then you don't consider yourself important or worthy.

Waiting for something tragic to happen to you so you can stop smoking? Like lung or bladder cancer, COPD, emphysema, cardiac problems? What is your poison?

I buried my father and brother; both die of complication of bladder cancer. They had finally stopped smoking few years back, but the damage was already done. It was too late.

Please seek help and quit, before is too late for you too.
  • paperpudding
    Candy cigarettes?

Do they still exist??

When I was a child you could get packets of candy *kitten* (slang name for ciggies here, not rude) and they looked like cigaretttes, white with red tip.

later the name was changed to Fads and the red tip removed.

Still around as Fads Fun Sticks - but you wouldnt know there was ever any connection to cigarettes now - and would be public uproar if they were brought back in original form

• Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,646 Member
    Candy cigarettes?

Do they still exist??

When I was a child you could get packets of candy *kitten* (slang name for ciggies here, not rude) and they looked like cigaretttes, white with red tip.

later the name was changed to Fads and the red tip removed.

Still around as Fads Fun Sticks - but you wouldnt know there was ever any connection to cigarettes now - and would be public uproar if they were brought back in original form

They call them candy sticks now... I remember the candy cigarette gum... u could blow out of them and a cloud of smoke would come. Good times.
  • paperpudding
    Gisel2015 wrote: »
    Oh i don't mind at all. But no your right im not too worried about my health, obviously, but i do eat a lot of salads and fruits and vegies, and i do work out almost everyday (not for very long).
    I always know in the back of my mind that when i get married and maybe have kids that i would just not want to smoke anymore. Im 21 & find that it's something i dont need, but just enjoy. I started smoking when i was 15, and my mum found out and she was upset so i quit. when i turned 19 i started smoking again cuz i was around a lot of people who did it and my mum didnt care since i was old enough at that time. So im thinking that if im doing it for someone else i can stop in a heart beat, but i have no one to stop for right now...it's just me.
    But your all right, im aware, and i have so much respect for people who do quite smoking.
    I dont think that im one of those who learns from others, i have to have something tragic happen to me b4 i learn my lesson, lol, its a horrible thing.

But i do respect your thoughts, however i dont think one can take dieting too far, unless your throwing up your meals to lose that weight.

116647.png

This posting make me sad, very sad. By the time that you want or try quit smoking for somebody else, it could be too late. Not taking care of your health right now, will not do much for any child that you may have in the future.

If you don't want to stop for you and wait for "somebody else to show up," then you don't consider yourself important or worthy.

Waiting for something tragic to happen to you so you can stop smoking? Like lung or bladder cancer, COPD, emphysema, cardiac problems? What is your poison?

I buried my father and brother; both die of complication of bladder cancer. They had finally stopped smoking few years back, but the damage was already done. It was too late.

Gisel2015 wrote: »

116647.png

Umm, poster posted that way back in 2009 and is long gone.

Not likely to be reading any advice now ;)

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,907 Member
    Wow. I hadn't thought about those candy cigarettes for a long time, so that was a blast from the past.

We can still save this thread, ten/eleven years on. :lol:
  • collectingblues
    collectingblues Posts: 2,541 Member

Considering I wasn’t even aware MFP existing back then, I was duly amused. And to think, I was still tracking on index cards in those days!