Pizza Talk - Spin it on.

2»

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    I eat pizza when I've done enough exercise for it to fit my calories & macros.

I like pizza but it's not something I'm crazy about that needs 'managing'
  • bioklutz
    bioklutz Posts: 1,365 Member
    If I have deep dish pizza it is usually an indulgent lunch or dinner with my husband. Since it isn't something we do all the time I don't worry about it and just enjoy. Hmm...Lou Malnati's Chicago classic - so good!

I find that frozen thin crust pizza is pretty easy to fit in my calorie goals for the day and just eat it whenever I am in the mood for it.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    For homemade - thin crust, turkey pepperoni, mushrooms, and 2% mozzarella. Pastorelli sauce (green label) is my favorite. If you go the homemade route - invest in a pizza stone; or the lodge pan mentioned sounds amazing.
  • kadimcnair
    kadimcnair Posts: 44 Member
    I make this keto pizza a couple times a week. I don't do keto but I tried this and love it! 2 whole grain carb balance tortillas (the fajita size). Toast them in the oven for a few minutes. Put on a little tomato sauce, cheese, pepperoni, and oregano seasoning. Pop it back in the oven to melt the cheese. I cut it with a pizza cutter into small slices and dip it in ranch or marinara.

sum3807gxgo9.jpg
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,879 Member
    edited January 2019
    We have pizza night every couple weeks on Friday. I usually just have a few slices and call it a night. I'm trying to lose about 10 Lbs I gained over fall and the holidays, but I usually eat at or close to maintenance on weekends (at least friday and saturday) and diet during the week. In my experience my weight loss is actually faster that way because I don't really hit plateaus.
  • IsETHome
    IsETHome Posts: 386 Member
    qvmm3b2s5dti.jpg Couldn't resist this one.
  • StargazerB
    StargazerB Posts: 425 Member
    Pizza is a treat meal for me not something I eat on the regular. I wish I could though because I love it.
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    I make my own individual pizzas at home. I put many veggie toppings such as olives, artichokes, mushroom, and bell peppers and less cheese. I add oregano and red pepper flakes. Delicious.
  • ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,048 Member
    Lounmoun wrote: »
    Two pieces of pizza and a salad. Pieces that fit on a normal plate.
    Thin crust pizza.
    Lower calorie toppings like chicken or vegetables.
    Homemade pizza.
    Saving calories for it.

All of this! Isn’t Chicago style deep dish or very thick crust? That will make it harder to fit into your deficit, but if it is worth it to you, I’m sure you could make one piece fit with a big salad. Thin crust would make it easier “to manage.” Making your own at home is fun and delicious. And easier to count. Bon appetit!
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    My pizza standards are pretty low to be fair, but I get my fix at a buffet that has a big old salad bar and little squares of a couple kinds amongst other things. Once in a while after a good hike or run I head off there with a book and do my thing.
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    Pizza is just like any other food, moderation, portion control and fit it into your daily calorie budget.
  • Johnd2000
    Johnd2000 Posts: 198 Member
    My wife mastered pizza dough, or rather hand-stretching it, about a year ago and we have it twice a week. Mine usually comes out at 900 calories or so, which is perfectly manageable on days when I’m burning close to 3000.
  • musicfan68
    musicfan68 Posts: 1,120 Member
    The pizza i like is thick crust bacon cheese burger and it is about 500 calories a slice, so i dont eat it anymore. I have about 1400 calories a day, so it doesn't fit for me. 2 slices of it only kept me full for about 2 hours, so totally not worth eating. I hate thin crust pizza, so i just don't ear it.
  • Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    edited January 2019
    I make them at home. i use the toppings I love (bacon!! ham, pineapple) but have more control on total calories. I can also plan to make "just enough" so there is no option of over eating unless i want to actually go and make an entire new pizza. I add veggies as filler (raw) and often drink carbonated water to help really feel full.

Still playing around with crust recipes. i'm not ok with thin crust but i want a crust that is...a crust. not pita bread.

So far that has covered the cravings so that when I do go out i'll opt for other things. fish and chips. burger and fries. indian. korean. or whatever random thing i happen to crave. If that falls on pizza and the home made doesn't work then i'll do that ;)

(and no my calorie goal is not as generous as some of the above haha - more like 1400)
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,325 Member
    thin crust and not all that often (maybe twice monthly)
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Panini911 wrote: »
    I make them at home. i use the toppings I love (bacon!! ham, pineapple) but have more control on total calories. I can also plan to make "just enough" so there is no option of over eating unless i want to actually go and make an entire new pizza. I add veggies as filler (raw) and often drink carbonated water to help really feel full.

Still playing around with crust recipes. i'm not ok with thin crust but i want a crust that is...a crust. not pita bread.

So far that has covered the cravings so that when I do go out i'll opt for other things. fish and chips. burger and fries. indian. korean. or whatever random thing i happen to crave. If that falls on pizza and the home made doesn't work then i'll do that ;)

(and no my calorie goal is not as generous as some of the above haha - more like 1400)

My favorite pizza crust is a mix of regular and semolina flour and rested in the fridge at least overnight, preferably 24 hours but I never plan that far ahead.

When I make homemade pizza, I just plan to eat it all in one go. Telling myself I'll save some for the next day is self-delusion at its finest :laugh:
  • DX2JX2
    DX2JX2 Posts: 1,921 Member
    edited January 2019
    Unfortunately I can't control myself around pizza. I didn't touch it for the entire time I was in loss mode. Even now in maintenance I only eat it once a month or so and still force myself to do an extra workout to makeup for the excess. I could literally finish an entire large thin crust pie by myself if I wanted to. As it stands, I generally limit myself to 4 slices ( usually about 1500-1600 calories worth).