Cooking meats in bulk.

I was wondering if any members cook meats in bulk then freeze them in portions.

Thsnks

Replies

• concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Lots of people cook all kinds of things in bulk.

I might do it with ground meat, but one of my greatest pleasures is freshly baked, grilled or seared proteins. I am waiting on the salmon as I type this!
  • CowboySar
    CowboySar Posts: 404 Member
    Whatever protein I chose I will cook 16-20lbs of it on Sunday, portion it out and freeze it. I will also cook my carb at the same time be it potato, yams, or quinoa, portion it and freeze it.

Veggies I prefer fresh so I during the day at work it spinach so no prepping, at supper time it is fresh made portions, broccoli, Brussel sprouts, green beans and the like.

I prep 10 days worth of food at a time while away at work. Home I will prep my first 4 meals for the 4 days I am home and fresh cook my suppers usually BBQ.

I have no complaints on the proteins cooked and frozen but have noticed potatoes get crystally when thawed out but eat it anyway
  • jesspen91
    jesspen91 Posts: 1,383 Member
    I have limited freezer space but I tend to batch cook in the short term. I'll usually cook a double portion for dinner (most recipes are for 4 anyway and there's only two of us in our household) and then I box up the extra portions and just keep them in the fridge for a few days having them for lunch/dinner the next day.