Calorie apps

Options
I was using the Samsung app (what do you guys think about it btw) to track my calories but today I entered in enoki mushrooms and it said it was 0 calories which was not right according to google. so now I'm looking for a new one...( That's free.) .. Any suggestions

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Really?? :laugh:
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    You realize that myfitnesspal is a free calorie tracking app, right?
  • uncgooda
    uncgooda Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    This app is calorie tracking yes, but four days into it and I’m not all that happy because all of the foods are member added and the discrepancy in posts for the same food vary widely. In the end I’m finding that I need to spend a great dean of time creating foods based on research off the web. Not what I expected to have to do. If foods are close that would be one thing but calories for some foods can vary by 30-40% for same portion size and same descriptor.
  • try2again
    try2again Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    uncgooda wrote: »
    This app is calorie tracking yes, but four days into it and I’m not all that happy because all of the foods are member added and the discrepancy in posts for the same food vary widely. In the end I’m finding that I need to spend a great dean of time creating foods based on research off the web. Not what I expected to have to do. If foods are close that would be one thing but calories for some foods can vary by 30-40% for same portion size and same descriptor.

Hmmm... agree there are a ton of inaccurate entries (and keep in mind, some items vary in their packaging & content from country to country), but I rarely need to scroll through more than a handful to find a correct one as compared to the packaging (no outside research required). If it's a basic food item, I preface it with "USDA" and rarely have trouble. Have always lost weight at the expected rate this way.