I feel like I'm eating to much

So I recently just started using mfp. I feel like I'm eating way to much food, I almost have a hard time getting to my 1700 calories per day. Im not hungry in the mornings so I usually dont start eating until about lunch time. I used to eat out at least 5 times a week and eating junk food when I was home. Now I just eat clean foods such as chicken, steak,pork chops and rice. Am I using mfp wrong? Or am I just used to eating more calorie dense foods?

Replies

• MichelleSilverleaf
    MichelleSilverleaf Posts: 2,028 Member
    Could be calorie dense foods, could be your macro combination. Without knowing exactly how much you're eating it's hard to say. But you may have to play around with what exactly you're eating and how much of each that you're eating. Without more specifics it's hard to give more advice.
  • witchaywoman81
    witchaywoman81 Posts: 280 Member
    Now I just eat clean foods such as chicken, steak,pork chops and rice. Am I using mfp wrong? Or am I just used to eating more calorie dense foods?

My advice would be to eat some treats as well. You don’t have to eat “clean” (whatever that means) to lose weight; the only thing that’s required is a calorie deficit. There are no “good” or “bad” foods in isolation. Eat the foods you like. If that’s chicken, steak, pork chops, and rice, great, but you don’t have to limit yourself.

• MarkConnolly709
    MarkConnolly709 Posts: 5 Member
    oc873n2p6rwe.png
  • MarkConnolly709
    That is what i ate so far today
  • Mithridites
    Mithridites Posts: 595 Member
    That's a very tiny porkchop 🤨
  • MarkConnolly709
    That's a very tiny porkchop 🤨

I have been weighing my food, i first thought it was the scale but I checked it and it was fine. (used to calibrate scales in my old job)
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Use butter instead of artificial flavor spray. Or olive oil.

Add some dressing to your lettuce.