Welcome New Members!

Replies

• beckitobe
    beckitobe Posts: 2 Member
    Hello!
    Started using this to lose weight for my wedding. Any help/support along the way welcome!
  • workingmums2018
    workingmums2018 Posts: 10 Member
    lynseymacx wrote: »
    So would love more friends on here.

According to scales in slimming world I lost 17lb in 11 days(I’m not too sure about it however being right) x

Wow that sounds interesting. So are you still with slimming world? Share the tips how you lost 17lbs in 11 days.
  • zoes2797
    zoes2797 Posts: 5 Member
    Hi I’m Zoe, 21 and wanting to lose half a stone. I play netball but eat too much!!! Would like to connect with others who are new to this who have advice too :) x
  • robertw486
    robertw486 Posts: 2,379 Member
    jadeh2k8 wrote: »
    Hi all I joined 3 days ago and don't have a clue how to add other members any help would be great lol :D

Simply click on the users name you want to add. This will pop up a small window with the user name, info on total and recent visits, and two options to either "Send a message" or "Ignore".

dvtsdl7ltz4q.jpg

If you click on the user name again from that pop up window, it changes to another page that gives the options of "Send Message" or "Add As Friend".

72esp6h25wo5.jpg

That second screen will also show the users profile information that they have filled out, as well as their current friends, progress, etc.... IF and only IF the user has that information set to public. Otherwise you can't see it unless they add you as a friend.

Also keep in mind that when you click "Add As Friend" it sends a friend request that must be accepted by the other user. Many prefer a note with the request, some will add whoever asks. Some will limit the number of friends, and so on. Be patient and don't be offended if you send a request that the person doesn't accept.

If you know a persons MFP username, email used on MFP, or Facebook info you can search and add them by using the below link from the MFP Community FAQ.

https://myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/en/portal/articles/12032-how-do-i-invite-a-current-member-to-be-my-friend-on-myfitnesspal-
  • robertw486
    robertw486 Posts: 2,379 Member
    If you are quoted in a thread, you will receive a notification that shows " --whoever-- mentioned you in this post". If for some reason in a discussion you want to direct a question or comment towards a particular user, you can also tag them by using an ampersand symbol in front of their username, and they will get that type of notification.

@jadeh2k8 if for some reason you don't want your profile photos in the above response just let me know and I'll ask that we have them deleted

Note to the above, ensure you type the user name completely and correctly, otherwise it won't link to send them the notification
  • HealthGoals1976
    HealthGoals1976 Posts: 1 Member
    edited January 2019
    Hello from sunny Queensland, Australia! Planning on weight loss surgery in 12 months and decided to mentally get prepared. As of 2nd January I have stopped adding sugar to my tea. No more bread, sweets, pastries etc.. (thankfully I never craved them). Cut right back on pasta and rice. Started intermittent fasting and reading about the Keto way of eating. Have lost 5kg since the 2nd and now that I know my macros and have MFP, I hope to see better results. Cheers, Teresa
  • ruletelford
    ruletelford Posts: 1 Member
    Hi, had the app on my phone for a long time but have only used it now and then. My parents both used the app and between them have lost roughly 8 stone in 3 years. My aim is to get to a weight that makes me feel good about myself again and not ashamed every time i look in the mirror. Heavier now than i have ever been and it has to change. I have Psoriatic Arthritis which limits my mobility but although it limits what i can do i will no longer let it control my life.
  • jlbtnc
    jlbtnc Posts: 725 Member
    Hi I am new but not new. My name is Jen, and I am starting over again. I have not utilized everything MFP has to offer and decided I need to start doing this to finally and hopefully get healthy. Last year I was doing great with MFP app with losing and getting healthy until I broke my wrist and shattered the joint bone, end up getting surgery and have a metal plate with screws for the rest of my life. I wasn't able to get to the gym and sat around the house doing nothing and eating more. My doctor wants me to continue to watch my carb intake. At 52 I am starting to see more health problems and my weight does not help. I am obese with high blood pressure and cholesterol. I also am fighting very low Vitamin D issues. I will know in 3 months when go back to doctors if it increased with the vitamin D pills. I also do not want diabetes which I am border line for. Good luck to every one getting started and/or returning.
  • andriaaragon
    andriaaragon Posts: 3 Member
    Hi there! I'm not completely new to MFP, but I haven't been on here in years. I'm looking to lose about 75 lbs and would love some new friends and support!
  • bambilandxxx
    bambilandxxx Posts: 1 Member
    Hi everyone! This is Bambi. Im back!
  • Missdjslim
    Missdjslim Posts: 19 Member
    Hi all! So nice to have company on this journey! I lost 30 lbs here in the past...well, those pounds 'found' me again. So I'm back to shred that and more. Tired of the extra weight and saggy belly I now have. UGH. Happy trails to all of us!!
  • mikobell
    mikobell Posts: 2 Member
    Hi all!! Sort of new here...been on MFP since 2016 but never really posted. Did WW for about a year & lost 13lbs but gained it back due to surgeries. I've been on & off MFP since 2016 but after looking at myself and not seeing what I and having lost my motivation I decided it's time for some accountability and to get back on track!!
  • buckolah
    buckolah Posts: 3 Member
    Hi
    I am new here. I weigh 320lbs and would like to lose the weight. I hope I find like minds and the support here to lose the weight. I wish I live in USA so I can join the 'Biggest loser' show!!
  • aimeedouglas1405
    aimeedouglas1405 Posts: 1 Member
    New here!! After having my two babies I’m ready to lose this weight 😫😫😫
  • em84
    em84 Posts: 144 Member
    Looking for more active friends feel free to add me 😁😊😁
  • thebratforever43
    thebratforever43 Posts: 1 Member
    Hey Everyone,

My name is Bobbie. I'm not really new to MFP, I've used it off and on (mostly off) for about 5 or so years. I don't think I've ever taken weight loss seriously but each year I just get heavier and heavier. I feel like this go around is different and I'm trying really hard. In the beginning I wasn't tracking anything I was just trying to eat better. So I think I lost 5 lbs doing that. I did a program called G-plans and after a few weeks I lost 7lbs but then for the next month, I didn't lose anything. In December I started using MFP again and it just feels like everything is clicking into place this time around. I created a Facebook group for 4 of my friends and we post in there on what we are doing, motivational articles, etc and that helps us keep with it. Since the middle of December I've been losing a lb a week. This all seems do-able so here's to continuing on this path.
  • jenkapheim1
    jenkapheim1 Posts: 2 Member
    New here.(well had an account along time ago but never used) My old account let me know that I had GAINED 8 lbs.. since I had last logged in in 09 (boo) No clue really how to use the message boards etc.. Doing Keto and logging food. Good Luck to everyone