OMAD diet

I think this may be the key to people with big appetites like me basically you skip breakfast and lunch and eat a huge dinner if anyone is interested I’m happy to tell you some of the science and my experience with OMAD diet

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    I like breakfast!
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,899 Member
    OMAD wouldn't work for me as I couldn't eat enough to get all the protein and veg (or fiber) I want in at just one meal.

I could eat maintenance calories no problem, but only eating lots of lower-nutrient, higher cal foods.

But I know it works for some people.
  • zeejane03
    zeejane03 Posts: 993 Member
    lemurcat2 wrote: »
    OMAD wouldn't work for me as I couldn't eat enough to get all the protein and veg (or fiber) I want in at just one meal.

I could eat maintenance calories no problem, but only eating lots of lower-nutrient, higher cal foods.

But I know it works for some people.

This. There's just no way I could eat all the foods I eat on a day to day basis, in one sitting. It would literally make me explode lol. But, I could easily hit my calorie targets in one restaurant meal. It wouldn't keep me for the whole day though.
  • SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,983 Member
    I don’t do OMAD but I do eat a small breakfast and lunch (some would call them snacks), and then eat the bulk of my calories at dinner.

This helped me lose weight, but the only “science” behind it is that it helped me create a calorie deficit.
  • pierinifitness
    pierinifitness Posts: 2,231 Member
    I’ve had a handful OMAD days in my current journey and do like some aspects of it. I’ve had my best calorie management days on OMAD days. For me, being busy with work helps. If I had idle time, OMAD would be challenging to sustain unless I slept more.

My two cents.
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Waiting for the OP to blind me with science ....
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    MDC2957 wrote: »
    Yep, too much protein to eat in one meal

Has no one else been to Fogo de Chao??

For me, it is too much veg and fiber to get down in one meal.