Weight/Strength Exercises

I find it overly cumbersome to log my strength workouts here; more often than not, exercises do not exist as I do them. I do not have time for this. What do you all do to log your strength WOs? I broke my fitbit band; once my new one arrives I was thinking about just logging the calories burned for that specific period..... seems like best way. Any others?

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    I track my workout/exercises in the bodyspace app.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    There is a generic "strength training" listed under cardio and if I'm going to track exercise that's the entry I use for weights.
  • MonkeyMel21
    MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,388 Member
    There is a generic "strength training" listed under cardio and if I'm going to track exercise that's the entry I use for weights.

This.

Or "pilates", "yoga", etc for however amount of time I am active. I lowball the calorie burn as well, or just don't take them in to account because it's usually at most 100 cals.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    chydynan67 wrote: »
    I find it overly cumbersome to log my strength workouts here; more often than not, exercises do not exist as I do them. I do not have time for this. What do you all do to log your strength WOs? I broke my fitbit band; once my new one arrives I was thinking about just logging the calories burned for that specific period..... seems like best way. Any others?

It's in the cardio database as 'strength training', how much more simple do you expect it to be?
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,780 Member
    edited January 2019
    I use my fitbit, and i log mine into mapmyrun (which syncs to MFP) under P90X just because it doesnt ask reps and weight, and under notes, type what body parts i did. or you can log it on here under cardio "strength training' and just put the calories my fitbit says
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    If I want to track calories burned, I use the strength training option under cardiovascular exercises. I use a spiral notebook to actually track my lifting routine, reps/sets, weights, etc.
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    If I want to track calories burned, I use the strength training option under cardiovascular exercises. I use a spiral notebook to actually track my lifting routine, reps/sets, weights, etc.

^ yep.

I need the calories, few as they are, as I'm little with a low NEAT.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member

This takes me about 3 seconds to log.....
    r6fwmtxc84qn.png
  • chydynan67
    chydynan67 Posts: 2 Member
    but sijomial - where do you get your calories burned from? IN above example, where did you get "305" from?
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    but sijomial - where do you get your calories burned from? IN above example, where did you get "305" from?

When you enter a cardiovascular exercise, mfp automatically assigns a calorie burn to it depending on minutes entered. You can manually change the calories if you want to.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member

Just go to add your exercise, select the cardiovascular part of the diary and search for strength training.
    Put in total duration of your workout (the "standard" rest period between sets are assumed) and MyFitnessPal will give you an estimate based on your current weight.
    It's not perfect but it's reasonable which is good enough.