South beach

I'm starting south beach with my sister this week. With south beach, its ALOT of tomatoes. I am allergic to them. Any substations that would work? Thanks in advance.

Replies

• concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    The South Beach meal plans are just recommendations. You can substitute any non starchy vegetable for the tomatoes. You can even eat completely different things that follow the general guidelines. I thrive on a South Beach Diet, my current meals are very close to South Beach phase 1, and I have never had a nicoise salad in my life. Even when I first got the book way back when, I never really followed the meal plan. It is the concept of lots of veggies with some lean meats and limited, well thought out carbs that works for me.

The whole point of the SB diet is to learn how to eat generally, rather than following a specific plan. Phase 1 does have pretty tight restrictions, but it is meant to be short and it does help many people get over cravings.

If you find yourself getting bored with South Beach, look into the Mediterranean diet. Similar guidelines, but more recipes available.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    OP Are you doing the mail order food plan that is just called South Beach? Or are you following the recommendations from the books by Dr. Arthur Agagtson?
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    I did South Beach for a while a few years ago. The tomatoes aren't required. During Phase 1, you can just pick anything from the list of non-starchy vegetables instead.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,879 Member
    I did South Beach for a while a few years ago. The tomatoes aren't required. During Phase 1, you can just pick anything from the list of non-starchy vegetables instead.

Yes, this...