Healthy snacks?

Options
hello all, first time post (I think), but long time myfitness pal user.

Need ideas on some healthy snacks. I've been eating Fiber One bars and Quaker Oats Granola bars, just looking at the calories, but recently started looking at fat, carbs, and sugar, and wow, way too much..

Any ideas what else to snack on? Thinking of fruit, cottage cheese , or yogurt.

These two bars I've been eating as snacks have carbs 18-19; fat 3 & 7 grams, and sugar 8 & 10 grams...

Replies

• callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    i snack on fruit although anything is a possibility if it fits in my calories for the day
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    How about carrot sticks with a low fat creamy dressing?

Half a protein bar.

Babybel light cheese.

Hard boiled egg. I peel it and dust it generously with pepper. It goes in to a snack size ziploc.
  • Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    Options
    what do you consider "healthy"?

i mean you can always go the natural route. vegetables and hummus dip. fruit. nuts. boiled egg.

My go to's (and i don't look for healthy): apple. jerky (only one brand i really like). almonds. greek yogurt + protein cereal (small amounts).
  • aortegasep
    aortegasep Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese or greek yogurt with fruit and some almonds is a very balanced snack. Some times I use frozen berrys and as they defrost the juices makes like a jam, very tasty.
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,325 Member
    Options
    popsicle 40 calories
  • zeejane03
    zeejane03 Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    I like cottage cheese mixed with a serving of canned crushed pineapple. That's my go-to if I want a snack.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    I like apples or bananas because they are easy grab and go fruits. I also like protein bars (quest, pure protein, Atkins, or fit crunch usually)and Kay's naturals snack bags.
  • triciale555
    triciale555 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    almonds / nuts
    Almonds are high fat but they are not processed and healthy in small quantities
  • RachelElser
    RachelElser Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    boiled egg, cheese stick (WW ones are 50 cal), muffins (I made zucchini, but these look good too https://blog.myfitnesspal.com/spiced-carrot-and-beet-cupcakes/), chunk of summer sausage, and roll with butter are some of my common snacks.