Trusting the Process

I’m new to the premium part lol
I have been lifting heavy 4 days a week for a bout 6 weeks. Is it true the fat will pop before I slim down a litttle? I c some changes and am definitely stronger, but I also feel thicker all over. I am telling myself to trust the process and stick with it, I just want to know if I’m going crazy or not lol thanks.

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Candie0327 wrote: »
    I’m new to the premium part lol
    I have been lifting heavy 4 days a week for a bout 6 weeks. Is it true the fat will pop before I slim down a litttle? I c some changes and am definitely stronger, but I also feel thicker all over. I am telling myself to trust the process and stick with it, I just want to know if I’m going crazy or not lol thanks.

I don't know what this means. I've never heard that.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    When lifting heavy 4 days a week you will have some water retention, or feel thicker, as your body repairs the damage caused by the heavy lifting. Don't stop. Maybe review your plan, nutrition, and rest cycle. Take photos and use tape measure to get additional data on your progress. Congratulations!
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Are you referring to the post workout pump? Muscles will retain water for repair after a lifting session. It's got nothing to do with fat, although you might look a little more plump. I find that during that repair period, I can feel the muscles more defined under the layer of fat.