Limited Mobility - Need Low Impact Lower Body Workout

I have spinal and cervical stenosis, two surgeries. Looking to tone up lower body, but lunges, planks, etc. are no good for me. Any exercises you can offer? Thanks.

Replies

• wmweeza
    wmweeza Posts: 319 Member
    I just look up "Disabled exercise" on youtube for different workouts
  • lkpducky
    lkpducky Posts: 16,729 Member
    Have you been referred to a physical therapist? In your situation, you'll need that kind of specialized guidance to learn the right exercises to get you strong again without further injury.
  • jaysgirl092516
    jaysgirl092516 Posts: 18 Member
    wmweeza wrote: »
    I just look up "Disabled exercise" on youtube for different workouts

I found "chair" exercises on youtube, as well, that I'm going to try with my resistance bands. I am permitted to use my elliptical on low resistance and short periods, but I am looking for different routines to mix it up; otherwise, I get too bored doing the same thing over and over.
  • jaysgirl092516
    jaysgirl092516 Posts: 18 Member
    lkpducky wrote: »
    Have you been referred to a physical therapist? In your situation, you'll need that kind of specialized guidance to learn the right exercises to get you strong again without further injury.

I just finished up PT again for my neck and they did give me a few ideas for my lower body.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    lkpducky wrote: »

I just finished up PT again for my neck and they did give me a few ideas for my lower body.

I would use those, then. Taking suggestions from random internet strangers may not be in your best interest.
  • wingweaver0730
    wingweaver0730 Posts: 8 Member
    If you are in the position to be doing any type of water exercises, I recommend the pool. You'd be amazed at how much you can actually sweat while doing water aerobics.

Talk to your PT team about what would be safe for you there.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    belly dance
    pilates
    yoga