prehistoricmoongoddess Posts: 1,003 Member
    Wednesday 28th November 12st 2lb
    Wednesday 5th December 11st 13lb
    Wednesday 12th December 11st 11lb
    Wednesday 19th December 11st 11.6lb
    Friday 28th December 11st 12.6 lb
    Wednesday 2nd January 11st 10.4lb
    Wednesday 9th January 11st 8.0lb

Well done Cathy, a great beginning, and a new beginning to your tracking ajdvegan.

Also a new addition to the group, edwardsc60, welcome, nice to see you here
  • cathy_1984
    cathy_1984 Posts: 70 Member

Well done Cathy, a great beginning, and a new beginning to your tracking ajdvegan.

Also a new addition to the group, edwardsc60, welcome, nice to see you here

Thank you ☺️ You are doing amazingly too x
  • edwardsc60
    edwardsc60 Posts: 57 Member
    Thanks for the welcome. I am Catherine and tonight I am tired and craving chocolate biscuits. I have stopped at 1 - this is a record for me!
  • prehistoricmoongoddess
    edwardsc60 wrote: »
    Thanks for the welcome. I am Catherine and tonight I am tired and craving chocolate biscuits. I have stopped at 1 - this is a record for me!

Hi Catherine. I am craving a packet of crisps but I'm going to add that to tomorrow's food diary instead. Maybe when tomorrow night comes I won't want them, but they will already be factored into my calories.

So I've closed my diary for the day and refuse to open it again

• cathy_1984
    edwardsc60 wrote: »

Well done for stopping at 1 👍 1 biscuit isn't going to cause too much damage. Everything in moderation is the route I'm trying to go down. If I go completely cold turkey I know that I will just go off the rails again!
  • MamaSunflowers
    MamaSunflowers Posts: 203 Member
    ajdvegan wrote: »
    19/12/18 - 65kg
    09/01/19 - still 65kg..
    Actually focused now! Tracking starts again today!
    Well done on your progress everyone!

Good morning everyone! Despite a bad weekend, today is 64.2kgs. Nice to see it going down!
    Definitely feeling more motivated, and now I have the full support of my partner who also wants to lose about 8kgs.

I hope you had a great week!
  • cathy_1984
    19/12/18 - 65kg
    09/01/19 - still 65kg..
    Actually focused now! Tracking starts again today!
    Well done on your progress everyone!

Good morning everyone! Despite a bad weekend, today is 64.2kgs. Nice to see it going down!
    Definitely feeling more motivated, and now I have the full support of my partner who also wants to lose about 8kgs.

I hope you had a great week!

Well done x
  • cathy_1984
    Just crept out of the 13s and into the 12s on my scales!

Wednesday 2nd Jan: 13st 8lbs
    Wednesday 9th Jan: 13st 2.5lbs
    Wednesday 16th Jan:12st 13.75lbs
  • alynxx2016
    alynxx2016 Posts: 61 Member
    Hey guys! I'm also a UK based yoyo dieter.
    I have figured out over the years that it's the sugar and carbs that mess up my weight loss results so I have decided to try Keto eating. It is for health reasons as well as obviously the desire to lose weight!

I'm currently a UK 14/16 (omg I can't believe I actually typed that!) My goal is to lose around 50 pounds or be a size 10 in all clothes.

I am starting by concentrating on my diet...getting that fixed and then will add gentle excercise that is low impact.

My starting weight last week was 202 pounds

Weighed in today:

Wednesday 16 Jan at 200.4 pounds

I guess I will check in next Wednesday with progress hopefully!
  • cathy_1984
    alynxx2016 wrote: »
    I have figured out over the years that it's the sugar and carbs that mess up my weight loss results so I have decided to try Keto eating. It is for health reasons as well as obviously the desire to lose weight!

I'm currently a UK 14/16 (omg I can't believe I actually typed that!) My goal is to lose around 50 pounds or be a size 10 in all clothes.

I am starting by concentrating on my diet...getting that fixed and then will add gentle excercise that is low impact.

Weighed in today:

Welcome to the group. I'll add you as a friend too x
  • prehistoricmoongoddess
    Wednesday 16th January 11st 8.2lb

So disappointed this week. I'm eating close to my calories (under) and not eating back my exercise calories which are few anyway. I can't get out of the house today to do any exercise so tomorrow will not be looking good either.
  • prehistoricmoongoddess
    alynxx2016 wrote: »

Weighed in today:

Welcome alynxx2016, pleased to have you with us.
  • prehistoricmoongoddess
    cathy_1984 wrote: »

Wow Cathy. You are doing so well since you started.
  • cathy_1984

Wow Cathy. You are doing so well since you started.

Thanks! I'm in the mindset!
  • cathy_1984

So disappointed this week. I'm eating close to my calories (under) and not eating back my exercise calories which are few anyway. I can't get out of the house today to do any exercise so tomorrow will not be looking good either.

Keep with it. We all have weeks like this but it will come off in the end. You are doing really well. Seeing your results at the start of January definitely inspired me to get back on it!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member

weight loss isn't linear, you wont always see a loss, which is totally normal.

if you are following MFP numbers you really should be eating at least a proportion of exercise cals. you don't want to under eat - it may seem ok at first when the scale drop, but can cause you serious health problems if you do it long term. Plus a too large deficit can cause stress to the body, and when your body is stressed it retains water so the scale stops moving...
  • prehistoricmoongoddess

Keep with it. We all have weeks like this but it will come off in the end. You are doing really well. Seeing your results at the start of January definitely inspired me to get back on it!

Thank you Cathy. It really helps having people with me on this journey like you who understand the process.
  • prehistoricmoongoddess

if you are following MFP numbers you really should be eating at least a proportion of exercise cals. you don't want to under eat - it may seem ok at first when the scale drop, but can cause you serious health problems if you do it long term. Plus a too large deficit can cause stress to the body, and when your body is stressed it retains water so the scale stops moving...

Thank you. I only had 136 exercise calories yesterday and I'm only on 1200 calories a day, so I wouldn't have reached a 500 deficit if I'd eaten all of them plus the exercise calories. It takes me a lot of exercise before I'm anywhere near a 500 calorie deficit - I've never reached that since I started. My tdee is only 1430.

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    edited January 2019

Thank you. I only had 136 exercise calories yesterday and I'm only on 1200 calories a day, so I wouldn't have reached a 500 deficit if I'd eaten all of them plus the exercise calories. It takes me a lot of exercise before I'm anywhere near a 500 calorie deficit - I've never reached that since I started. My tdee is only 1430.

Edited:

If you're 11st 8 then your TDEE is not 1430, I think you're confusing it with BMR?
  • prehistoricmoongoddess
    edited January 2019

Edited:

If you're 11st 8 then your TDEE is not 1430, I think you're confusing it with BMR?

I wish I was confusing it with BMR

These are the results I get

Based on your stats, the best estimate for your maintenance calories is
    1,430 calories per day based on the Mifflin-St Jeor Formula, which is widely known to be the most accurate. The table below shows the difference if you were to have selected a different activity level.

Basal Metabolic Rate 1,191 calories per day
    Sedentary 1,430 calories per day