Settings for Keto

Hello Keto Peeps, I have started Keto but I can’t quite figure out how to get my settings to work to track my macros. I have changed it to be macros but the percentages won’t cooperate or align with the calories. Any quick tips would be great! I have been tracking with CarbManager which I prefer way more (for The way is shows me how I am tracking), but had bought the premium version of myfitnesspal.

Replies

• xbowhunter
    xbowhunter Posts: 951 Member
    Welcome to the world of KETO!

Not sure about the settings. I like you changed my percentages of macros. Low carb & higher fat & protein...

KETO really works BTW... :)
  • jdog022
    jdog022 Posts: 693 Member
    xbowhunter wrote: »
    Welcome to the world of KETO!

Not sure about the settings. I like you changed my percentages of macros. Low carb & higher fat & protein...

KETO really works BTW... :)

So does every other diet in a deficit
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,130 Member
    Check your food entries, they may not be accurate (database is user entry) which may be why your calories don't align.
  • rockywv
    rockywv Posts: 7 Member
    I had trouble with the settings at first as I wanted them to be exact, as in carbs at 20 grams. The macro percentage did not get me there. I started out finding percentages as close as I could to my calorie goal. It was a great lesson for daily logging. I rarely hit my percentages on the dot. I look at week long trends, weight loss and how I feel physically and emotionally to gage how I am doing. The calculator is just a tool - don’t sweat the small stuff😁
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!