Comments:

Replies

• poeciliareticulata
    poeciliareticulata Posts: 110 Member
    Challenge Start Weight: 134
    Challenge Goal: 130 and 5k

Week 1: 134

Healthy meal: Noodle soup with lots of veggies and edamame
    Best workout: No specific workout this week, but did have a 16,000 step day.

Comments: Was hoping to see a drop this week as it’s the first week back ‘on it’ since Christmas, but sadly not. I need to get back to proper exercise too, but wanted to recover properly from being wiped out by that bug. This week!
  • cxwhit3
    cxwhit3 Posts: 293 Member
    Challenge Start Weight: 176.4
    Challenge Goal: 160 (ambitious, I know)

Week 1: 174.9

Positive Thought: Yay! I'm back in the groove
    Healthiest meal: Roasted chicken and salad
    Best Workout: 45 minutes on the treadmill

Comments: Bit the bullet and signed up for a beginner yoga workshop. Since I am notoriously uncooderinated (as far as my large muscle groups), this is a big move for me. Also, thanks to all of you for participating in the group. I have been struggling with some feelings of isolation and disconnection since I moved to Iowa, so this group means a lot to me. Funny how we can live amid lots of people and still feel lonely. Anyway, everyone have a great week!
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    SmithsonianEmpress Posts: 1,163 Member
    Challenge Start Weight: 138.9 lbs
    Challenge Goal: 133.0 lbs

Week 1: 139.6 lbs

A positive thought for the week: I like my new workout plan.
    Healthy snack or meal: spaghetti with turkey meatballs and spinach
    Best workout this week: Rowing

Comments: I lifted 3 times like I said I would. Monday Wednesday and Friday. I didn’t do cardio on Tuesday or Thursday but I did row on Saturday. And the high carb low carb days are off the table. I can’t keep up with it. I’m just gonna eat.

I hate that I gained but I didn’t count calories on Fri Sat or Sun. Yesterday I ate Popeyes for dinner—chicken, mashed potatoes, dirty rice and a biscuit. Friday I attended a funeral and at the repast we ate soul food including all homemade yummy desserts. That’s the culprit. I’m getting back to the basics today.

Enjoy your week.
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    cxwhit3 wrote: »
    Challenge Start Weight: 176.4
    Challenge Goal: 160 (ambitious, I know)

Week 1: 174.9

Positive Thought: Yay! I'm back in the groove
    Healthiest meal: Roasted chicken and salad
    Best Workout: 45 minutes on the treadmill

Comments: Bit the bullet and signed up for a beginner yoga workshop. Since I am notoriously uncooderinated (as far as my large muscle groups), this is a big move for me. Also, thanks to all of you for participating in the group. I have been struggling with some feelings of isolation and disconnection since I moved to Iowa, so this group means a lot to me. Funny how we can live amid lots of people and still feel lonely. Anyway, everyone have a great week!

True statement. Which is why I’m here. I’m glad we are good company. You are as well. :smile:
  • Avetotustuus
    Avetotustuus Posts: 56 Member
    Start Weight: 156
    Goal weight: 145
    Today’s Weight: 157.8

Positive thought: Despite a rocky first week of the semester, I was proud that I logged all except one day (when I began to log but then got distracted).

Comment: It was frustrating to log and be up almost two pounds, but I also started my period, so I’m pretty sure that accounts for it and hopefully it’ll head the other direction next week.
  • sasaimi
    sasaimi Posts: 27 Member
    Let's have a great week everyone!

Start Weight:
    160 lbs
    Challenge Start Weight: 157.8 lbs
    Challenge Goal: 130 lbs

Week 1: 155.2lbs Whoot!

A positive thought for the week: When I’m willing to do whatever it takes, when I’m willing to take the next step, when I’m willing to take the risk and accept the consequences, then I have all the faith I need to make my dreams come true.

Healthy snack or meal:
    My post workout- whey protein Gold Standard 100% double rich chocolate with a banana. Helps my body quickly turns it into energy from my morning exercise.

Best workout this week: About 25 mins of Aerobic exercises to help increase levels of good HDL Cholesterol in blood and also reduces elevated triglycerides. ^.^

Comments: I didn’t workout as much I hope I would, but I made sure to watch what I ate that day to not go over my calories count! I shocked I have lost 5 pounds… I should of measured my problem areas to see the progress since water and muscles weight can affect the scale.
  • leonadixon
    leonadixon Posts: 479 Member
    Start Weight:200.8 (January 2018)
    Challenge Start Weight:196.0
    Challenge Goal Weight:186.0

Week 1: 194.2

A positive thought for the week: I am feeling better!
    Healthy snack or meal: I've been incorporating more veg and fruit each day (blech LOL)
    Best workout: just trying to keep moving. Still healing from surgery, so hard to accomplish

Comments: Overall, a great week. Super stressful at work and I did not stress eat and snack as per my usual. I stayed in calorie goal which is what I need right now.
  • Heather9033
    Heather9033 Posts: 18 Member
    Challenge Start Weight: 222
    Challenge Goal: 189

Week 1: 222

A positive thought for the week: I've got this
    Healthy snack or meal: Honey crisp apple
    Best workout this week: Shoveling snow
  • StayStrong19MFP
    StayStrong19MFP Posts: 30 Member

Challenge Start Weight: 180.7
    Challenge Goal: 169.9

Week 1: 179.3

A positive thought for the week: You are worth it; don't give up!
    Healthy snack or meal: Almonds
    Best workout this week: 12,318 steps and strength training

Comments: I've been eating way below my calorie range these first two weeks of 2019 and it has affected me adversely in many ways except finally seeing a new lower decade. I haven't weighed this little since I was in junior high school (over 30 years ago). With that said, I'm going to work on keeping my calories above 1200 because anything less is not sustainable for me and I refuse to give up exercise. If I can find a sweet spot without the scale turning on me, that would be lovely.
  • gesundundmunter
    gesundundmunter Posts: 210 Member
    Start Weight: 260.0 (Dec. 2013)
    Challenge Start Weight: 238.4
    Challenge Goal: 226
    Week 1: 238.0

A positive thought: Lowest last week was 237.0, must be water from exercise.
    A healthy snack/meal: Rice cakes with cheese and turkey breast and apple.
    My most effective workout this week was: Ballet/aerobic workout and body cycle.

Emotional upheaval on the job front and how I long to make changes but must act wisely. Food’s playing a big part to soothe and contain, I am aware of that. No snack today and I am going to bed early.
  • gridirongrrl
    gridirongrrl Posts: 69 Member
    Challenge Start Weight: 224.6
    Challenge Goal: 220

Week 1: 218.4

A positive thought for the week: halfway through the month and I’m still on board!
    Healthy snack or meal: Right now almonds are my favorite snack
    Best workout this week: still just sticking with walking 3 miles a day.

Comments: another big weight loss week for me. (I lost 5.8 lbs from 1/1 to 1/8 - the week before this challenge started) Next week is when it will get hard. I know from past attempts that I have those huge water weight numbers the first two weeks then it will slow down to a more reasonable pace. For now I’m just going to enjoy it! :)
  • taylorgardnerr
    taylorgardnerr Posts: 28 Member
    Challenge Start Weight: 129.4
    Goal weight: 120

Week 1: 127.4

Positive thought: Sometimes when I get disappointed with my slow progress I have to remember that you didn’t gain all this weight in a week, so you can’t lose it all in a week either. Just trying to focus on the end goal!
    Healthy snack/meal: Greek yogurt has been a go to lately for me!
    Best workout this week: busy schedule this week and limited gym time so gonna just go for some runs around my neighborhood!
  • gridirongrrl
    gridirongrrl Posts: 69 Member
    Just realized I typed the wrong challenge goal weight! My challenge goal is 210, not 220!
  • LZMiner
    LZMiner Posts: 300 Member
    edited January 2019
    Start Weight: 133 (1/1/19)
    Challenge Start Weight: 131.2
    Challenge Goal: 127

WEEK 1: 130.2

A positive thought: I am going through a really difficult time at work and am focused on remaining peaceful. I feel good that I've been able to do that. I self-medicated a lot with alcohol in December and am now doing Dry January. It works.

A healthy snack/meal: UGH! I have not been snacking healthy! Lots of Oreos.

My most effective workout this week was: Took my beloved labrador to the dog park on Saturday and Sunday (which was snowy). We both got a workout. Jazzercise tonight.

Lisa
  • LZMiner
    LZMiner Posts: 300 Member
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/dispatch/mobile/user/gesundundmunter/profile/gesundundmunter Saw you were dealing with stuff at work too....I feel your pain! Hang in there!
  • StacySunshine8
    StacySunshine8 Posts: 30 Member
    Healthy snack or meal: poke bowls! I love them!

Yaaaas!! So enjoyable!
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    LZMiner wrote: »
    Start Weight: 133 (1/1/19)
    Challenge Start Weight: 131.2
    Challenge Goal: 127

WEEK 1: 130.2

A positive thought: I am going through a really difficult time at work and am focused on remaining peaceful. I feel good that I've been able to do that. I self-medicated a lot with alcohol in December and am now doing Dry January. It works.

A healthy snack/meal: UGH! I have not been snacking healthy! Lots of Oreos.

My most effective workout this week was: Took my beloved labrador to the dog park on Saturday and Sunday (which was snowy). We both got a workout. Jazzercise tonight.

Lisa

Soooooo a while back I was like...man so many people are addicted to oreos. They can eat a sleeve in one sitting. I’m so glad I don’t like them. Lol. And then they make the golden oreos.....and then they make the thin golden oreos. YIKES!!!
  • arameni
    arameni Posts: 105 Member
    Challenge Start Weight: 130
    Challenge Goal: 125

Week 1: 132.2

A positive thought for the week: Lol I have none. Just tired and behind in work. Idk why it's so hard to just do paperwork! :s

Healthy snack or meal: Homemade vegetable pot-pie (no meat, lots of vegetables! But also lots of butter?!) And vegetable curry. And oatmeal, but it did not keep me full... my lunch is at 1pm, I was hungry by 11am both days.
    Best workout this week: Walking dog! Thought about lifting weights, did not.

Comments: I weighed on Tuesday morning because I forgot to do it before breakfast on Monday. I'm upset I gained weight. But also my period happened and was like 6 days late (I had basically 2 weeks of PMS, omfg fml) and then only 2 days long, so I know I'm all messed up in some regard in terms of my body. I'm hoping these extra pounds are bloating or whatever and go away in a few more days. I know it's only the beginning of our challenge, but it seems like I'm always gaining at the beginning of them. :/

Has anyone joined a workplace weightloss challenge before? Some folks at my work are organizing one, and idk if joining them will be helpful or weird.