Brenda's Maintenance Journal Year 2

Replies

• jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,113 Member
    Hugs! So sorry to hear that! Hope that you will be able to find a remedy which will help you. My Mom has arthritis and she swears that tai chi helps her a lot. She does tai chi every morning in the garden. Besides that, my Mom takes green tea, probiotics & omega-3 fatty acids. Take care!
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    My doctor sent me for an x-ray on Monday and it shows that I have arthritis. She put me on muscle relaxers and pain meds and she is also sending me to physical therapy. Sadly there is no cure for arthritis, just pain management.

I'm so sorry Brenda - having fought arthritis since I was 17, it can be discouraging...I have some methods I suggest - DM me :)
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    My doctor sent me for an x-ray on Monday and it shows that I have arthritis. She put me on muscle relaxers and pain meds and she is also sending me to physical therapy. Sadly there is no cure for arthritis, just pain management.

I'm so sorry Brenda - having fought arthritis since I was 17, it can be discouraging...I have some methods I suggest - DM me :)

Wow 17, I can't even imagine...I am open to any suggestions, thanks <3
  • Brendalea69
    I told my physical therapist that I shrunk 2 inches in 2 years and she said that it's just the normal part of aging!!! Ummm NO it's not normal to shrink that fast!!!
  • Brendalea69
    Average monthly weight recorded for the year was 126, I'm happy with that!!!

I hope everyone has a safe and healthy New Year o:)<3
  • mistymeadows2005
    Average monthly weight recorded for the year was 126, I'm happy with that!!!

I hope everyone has a safe and healthy New Year o:)<3

Awesome Brenda! You're the MASTER of MAINTENANCE! :)
  • Vanguard1
    Vanguard1 Posts: 372 Member
    Great work!!
  • Brendalea69
    Thanks everyone!!!

Im at the top end of my maintenance range and I've been a bit lazy when it comes to exercise so I'm going to start walking on my treadmill again, especially since it will help with my arthritis. I will also start drinking bone broth which is also great for the bones and joints.
  • SoulSisterSoulBrother
    SoulSisterSoulBrother Posts: 220 Member
    edited January 2019
    I had some thoughts about the shrinking. I also did shrink 1.5 inches in height since i started omad and IF. In my case i think it is the same as my shrinking waistline (which is 11cm less since starting). There must have been a lot of fat around the internal organs etc which are now gone, hence i am shorter compare to when i started. It makes sense to me.
    Not saying you have the same issue, please do get it checked with the doctor but in my case i believe this is what is happening. Turns out that a 45 pound weightloss effects my height as well! Who knew..
  • Brendalea69
    edited January 2019
    I asked my doctor if losing the weight could be the reason and she said no. She says it's from my degenerative osteoarthritis. I don't know how much more I will shrink but I'm going to physical therapy to help strengthen my core. She said keeping my weight down and keeping active will help with the progression.
  • DarthWaderMT
    DarthWaderMT Posts: 231 Member
    sorry to hear about your diagnosis. I have lots some inches to OA as well, mine is mainly in my hips. Losing weight helped me a lot. Also cutting inflammatory foods like sugars, refined carbs, and seed oils took away my dependence on over the counter pain meds
  • jadeblue14
    jadeblue14 Posts: 182 Member
    So I know this isn't the same as arthritis, but I'm developing plantar fasciitis in my right foot, and yoga has really helped me ease the pain and use it like a normal person. Might be something gentle on days your back is really hurting.
  • Sorry to hear your diagnosis Brenda. :-(
  • Brendalea69
    Thanks everyone and I'll take any advice I can get <3
  • volgirl1322
    volgirl1322 Posts: 2,086 Member
    WOW that is terrible.....hoping you get some relief......
  • Brendalea69
    Thanks Donna and yes I'm getting some relief from my therapy and I'm also taking CBD oil for pain and to help me sleep at night.
  • Brendalea69
    I gained 7.6 pounds this week and I dropped 4 pounds yesterday (Water Only Day) and 3 pounds today (A Light Hot Chocolate and an Orange) so I should be back to 129 or lower tomorrow. Maintaining is so much fun once you get the hang of it :)
  • volgirl1322
    volgirl1322 Posts: 2,086 Member
    That is amazing...…..
  • jadeblue14
    jadeblue14 Posts: 182 Member
    I'm always interested to see the natural fluctuations we have, and how different food can impact it. Also, now I want hot chocolate.
  • mistymeadows2005
    YASSSSSSSSSSS I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!

Also glad you're utilizing the CBD oil...PM me what brand you chose por favor :)