I overslept how much should I eat today?!

Options
So I've started cutting in 2019 and it's going well. Preping my foods, eating 2400 cals daily and loosing a healthy avarage of 0,5kg weekly. I was working almost everyday so it wasn't hard to keep a strict routine with meals at exact same hours. Today I'm having a day off. I killed my workout yesterday but stood up late at night with friends after (still keeping my calories under control and no alcohol, no worries). And after going to sleep around 2am instead of usual 9pm I overslept 12,5 hours!!! It is 3pm I just woke up and have no clue what to do?! Sould I still have my 2400 calories today or forget the 3 meals I was suposed to eat by now? I know that metabolism is slower during sleep right? But how to count it in? How to know my maintenance calories number after such a long period of sleep. I don't want to be undereating either.

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Ruoja wrote: »
    So I've started cutting in 2019 and it's going well. Preping my foods, eating 2400 cals daily and loosing a healthy avarage of 0,5kg weekly. I was working almost everyday so it wasn't hard to keep a strict routine with meals at exact same hours. Today I'm having a day off. I killed my workout yesterday but stood up late at night with friends after (still keeping my calories under control and no alcohol, no worries). And after going to sleep around 2am instead of usual 9pm I overslept 12,5 hours!!! It is 3pm I just woke up and have no clue what to do?! Sould I still have my 2400 calories today or forget the 3 meals I was suposed to eat by now? I know that metabolism is slower during sleep right? But how to count it in? How to know my maintenance calories number after such a long period of sleep. I don't want to be undereating either.

eat the 2400 if you're hungry

if you're not just save them for another day.

one day will have very little impact on your overall weight loss
  • Ssssss666666
    Ssssss666666 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    It's sounds like you thrive on routine, so carry on your day as usual if that helps. Get back to your normal tomorrow No biggy
  • Ruoja
    Ruoja Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Ok, cheers guys! :)