Cathe Fans Part 5

Replies

• StiringWendel
    StiringWendel Posts: 3,757 Member
    Hi Ladies! I started today’s workout with Cathe Live We’re Talking Legs. For cardio, I did X10 Cardio Blast into Cathe Live Hi-Lo Cardio and Core. This has been a pretty high impact and high intensity week for me so I am definitely looking forward to trying those low impact workouts next week! But it felt good to push myself this week and get rid of some of that holiday puff.

Tami, sounds like a good spin class despite the mind wandering. I find I like it when my mind wanders during spin....because when it isn’t wandering it is usually saying ‘why am I doing this!?!?’ :D That’s a lot of weight for your DH to lose so quickly! I hope he continues to improve and decides to try to stay focused on good health. I also hope things pick up at work soon. And, yep, all set to start the new rotation on the 20th! I am looking forward to having a three month plan right now, that’s for sure.

Thelma, good job with Jessica Smith. Yes, we are a little chilly down here right now. We have been in the 20s the last couple of nights and are supposed to get some heavy rain this weekend. But I think the storm that is giving us rain is bringing lots is snow a little north of here, so I will be happy with the rain. :D That video made me smile. I grew up with a rotary phone hanging on the kitchen wall. And it was even 1960’s green!

Laurie, I am sorry to hear about the headache and sore neck. Good job getting anything in at all in a workout. I think I might have opted to stay in bed.

Off to get my hair taken care of. Hope you all have a good weekend!

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    2BLean Posts: 2,373 Member
    Hi Ladies and TGIF! What a looooong week it has been. BULK Arms this a.m. and off to Spinning tonight. Going to attend a Spin class near my house at the PEAK gym there with my friend tomorrow a.m. and then go for a “green drink” or coffee right after at our favorite little spot.

Thelma: Way to get in a workout! That is hilarious about the rotary phone. DH started getting the flu shot a few years ago but last year and this year he didn’t. He has been sick both years. He said he is NEVER missing it again.

Laurie: Good job getting in something this a.m. that didn’t aggravate your neck. Hate it when that happens. That is hilarious about the *kitten* word …. I wondered what that was code for. LOL Yes, the weight loss is stunning forsure. He did comment last night he wants to continue eating lightly and not until he is full. So new choices are in place right now which is good.

Laurel: What a workout combo! Way to end out the week. That’s funny on the “why am I doing this” spinning moment. I have that feeling sometimes in the beginning of a class and then after I am warmed up its better. As I told Laurie too, I know on the weight loss being A LOT forsure. I know he would like to continue a healthier path. I am hoping work picks up soon too. It is seriously the first time I wonder what I will have to do next. My supervisor has said for over a year she will be training me for new things but then we got busy. Now is the time I say but it’s up to her schedule. So we will see what happens.

Have a great weekend ladies ~ Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    ThelmaSW Posts: 2,493 Member
    Hi Ladies, I hope you had a great weekend. My weekend wasn't very good. On Friday I ended up in the ER because I had chest pain, on the left side. I knew I wasn't having a heart attack but of course my doctor made me go to the hospital for an EKG. I told her I'd go after work. Needless to say I have great vitals and have never had a heart attack. On Saturday I started having a sinus headache and today I was a mess. My head was killing me! I've been taking Mucinex and Aleve and that helped a lot.
    My Cathe DVD's came on Saturday! I was going to try one today but I just don't feel well so I rested. I also managed to do a little packing on Saturday and today I packed the 3/4 of my workout DVDs.
    This is my last work week ladies! I have made appointments with all my doctors so I can have all the checkups I can possibly get before I move.
    On Friday I managed to get a little cardio in and Saturday too.

Laurie, sorry you woke up with a headache and a kink in your neck! I hope you're back to normal now.
    I didn't know rotary phones didn't work with the new phone lines! That explain why you don't see them anymore!

Laurel, fabulous workout combo on Friday! I am looking forward to doing Cathe's new workouts too. I managed to watch a little bit of one of the videos and I loved what I saw.

Wow, you've had cold temps there too! We are still having low temps. Very cold! My grandmother's phone was on a little side table and it was a weird beige.

Tami, great workouts!
    I was wondering if your DH hadn't gotten the flu shot! OMG poor guy, I am sure he will NEVER miss getting the flu shot again!
    So taking care of Bernie is a mini vacation for your MIL too!

Have a great week ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,404 Member
    Morning Ladies,

We a a really nice weekend, and one of the few places that didn't get snow. :D On Saturday we took my MIL to visit our oldest and her hubby. They made dinner, and we got to visit. You can really tell that my MIL is doing well, and not under so much stress. She had a great time, and so did DH and I.

I didn't workout all weekend. I still had that soreness in my neck, but this morning it was gone. I did Jillian's 30 Day Shred Level 2 and I'm hoping that I can do a Cathe workout when I get home. I should have my DVD's by then, and I think that first one to try will be the kickboxing. :D

Laurel, Great job on the workouts. I'm hoping that you will be able to tell us a little about the new workouts, I'm guessing that you have had a chance to try out some of them. I like that she has included some of the bonus work in all of the DVD's, which is different than what was previously done. Wonder if that is because they did all the work themselves, so the cost was less. Can't wait to try them out this week.

Tami, Nice job on the workouts, and I hope that your spin class was a good one. Sounds like a nice day with your friend. My dd says that it is slow for them also right now, but I'm sure it will start picking up again quickly. I'm glad to hear that your DH is looking at the healthy eating.

Thelma, Oh my on your hospital visit, but I'm glad to hear that you are okay. Hopefully that headache goes away, it sure does sound painful. My Aunt up north had a heart attack on Monday, but the awful hospital up there sent her home with antacids. She then went to Urgent Care the next day, and on Wednesday had a quadruple bypass. She is very lucky that it wasn't more severe. The doctors up in that area are horrible, you have to go all the way to Duluth to get good doctors. Don't blame you for getting all the visits finished before you leave. That will give you enough time to find new doctors. Yay on the Cathe DVD's arrival, just to bad that you don't feel well enough. Good job on the packing, that is probably the highest priority right now.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Hope you all had a good weekend. Ours was pretty quiet. I guess it is the season for headaches, because I had quite the sinus headache both days this weekend, and DH ended up with a migraine last night. But we are both better today. I did manage to get my workouts in, though, including a few of the new LITE workouts.

Saturday I did LITE Body Weight and Bands workout and the Extended Stretch 1. There is no cardio in the band workout. She uses a fire walker loop, and regular band and tubing in it. She hits all muscle groups, and I think it is great for traveling when you just want to keep your muscles used to some resistance. I can’t see myself doing it outside of that scenario (much like Travel Fit), but that is okay with me. I didn’t have a chance to download the Cardio Crush bonus for this workout before I did it, but I tacked it on another workout today. The Cardio Crush is all high impact cardio, all done with a band around the ankles. To be honest, I can’t see myself wanting to jump right into cardio at the end of the Body Weight and Band workout without some cardio warm-up, especially since the band workout ends with resistance moves on a mat. But the cardio was tough and a good ‘blast’ for 8 minutes. I really enjoyed the Extended Stretch. It was flow-y and relaxing.....nothing too outside the box but a good overall stretch.

Yesterday I did LITE Strong Body Stacked Lower Body followed by 6 Pack Abs #1 (and then Cathe Live Boxing and Plyo Legs for cardio). The Lower Body workout is two giant sets (five exercises each), each repeated once. I used one weight increment up from Cathe throughout (and two increments up for the last giant set) because she goes pretty light in this series from what I have seen so far. This is a good workout. I think it will fit in perfectly for the first month of our next rotation. I think the key for the effectiveness is finding the right weight, though. But there are some compound moves (like lunges into squats), and some basic moves (like static lunges), so good variety without anything crazy. So definitely a thumb’s up on this one. The core work, though......I can’t say this was my favorite Cathe core routine. It is ‘boxing’ based core work, so very similar to her MMA workouts core work from the STS Shock Cardio series. I think why I didn’t like it is it starts with alternating leg outside sit outs (a move I don’t like at all) and ends with supermans, which I don’t really like either. B) But the stuff in between was fine and not exceedingly challenging. Of course, I will try it again and see if I like it better.

Today was LITE Strong Body Stacked Upper Body, the Body Weights and Band Cardio Crush I described earlier, and the Abs #2 workout (followed by Cathe Live Power Step and IMAX Live for cardio). Again with the first workout, I used weights one or two increments heavier than Cathe. This workout is three giants sets (chest/triceps, shoulders, and back/biceps) repeated once each. With the right weight, this is a really good, thorough upper body workout done in a short amount of time. One thing I really liked about this workout is she did some slightly different exercises from anything I have ever seen her do, and I like that! I must admit, the shoulder work felt tough to me today at one increment higher than she was using. But I definitely could have gone even heavier than two increments higher in some areas like back (just for some reference). But I really liked this workout. I also really liked the core workout, which is just 8 moves. Not killer challenging but no walk in the park either.

Hoping to keep trying them every day this week. As always, the production is good, Cathe is Cathe. From everything I have seen, this is another great intermediate series from her. Now I am looking forward to the DVDs so I can play with a couple of premixes. :)

Tami, great workouts! I hope you enjoyed your time with your BFF on Saturday and I hope your DH continues to improve. That is very interesting about the flu shot. I had to keep reminding my DH to get a shot because he has gotten them every year until now. He just got it a week ago, and after reading what you said about your DH not getting one and being sick both years, I am SO glad I nagged and pestered him into it.

Thelma, oh my! I bet that was a scary trip to the ER! I am glad you went because it is smart to get something like that checked out. I am sorry to hear about the headache, and completely sympathize. Saturday was a really long day for me with my head pounding all day. I hate that! I am glad you let yourself rest. I am sure this week is going to be very bittersweet for you.

Laurie, I am glad your neck feels better today. And that you didn’t get any snow! What a nice time with your MIL and family. I am glad to hear she is doing so well. I have the kickboxing workout mentally penciled in for Thursday, but we’ll see if I can wait that long before trying it. :)

See you tomorrow!

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    Hi Ladies ~ Weekend was very good but went by waaaay too fast. So Saturday my friend and I ended up going to a FREE BootCamp class offered at a gym she used to go to. It is a private gym that has some good trainers and more of like a CrossFit atmosphere. Anyway, it was us and 7 other ladies with him. It was SO good. I loved every minute of it. He does the class every Saturday but you normally have to pay $10 when you go. We might do it once a month just for fun, we will see. In just the one class I was very impressed with his style of training/coaching. Carly said when she worked with him one-on-one he kicked her butt! LOL If I had the extra bucks I would go train with him I think. Yesterday I did STS Total Body. My new LITE workouts are schedule to be here today!! WOOHOO. BootCamp tonight after work with Katy.

Thelma: How scary that you had to go to the ER. I am glad you were ok. Sorry the sinus headache has set in however. Hope it clears up quickly for you. YAY on your last week! I hope it goes as smooth as possible and your transition out of there is a good one.

Laurie: Your Saturday sounds like it was very nice! Probably good that you took it easy if your neck was still bothering you. Good job on the JM workout this a.m.! I think my DVD’s will be there when I get home tonight too. Planning on doing those this week too . . . not sure which one to pick first but I have a feeling PHA 2 since I love the S&S one so much.

Laurel: Fabulous workouts and THANK YOU for the wonderful reviews!!! I am super excited to try them out as well. Sorry to hear about the migraine but glad it is better now. My co-worker struggles with those; she has to call in sick when they get too bad. It’s awful. DH is still improving and doing really well, I am so happy. He should have even more energy by the time we leave on our trip so that will be great!!

Have a great afternoon/evening ladies …… talk to you tomorrow! Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, just a quick check in. The sinus congestion is killing me! I have a runny nose and I hardly slept last night. No workout tonight. I came home late from work with a sinus headache. Not fun!

Laurie, glad you had a nice weekend and that your neck is better. How nice that your MIL had such a great time at your oldest DD's. You guys must be relieved to see that she is doing well!

OMG, about your aunt having a heart attack and needing quadruple bypass! She really is one lucky lady! My priorities right now is to complete the tasks at work I am working on and then packing. I hope you got your DVDs!

Laurel, a weekend of headaches! Sorry you and your DH didn't feel well over the weekend, but I'm glad you're doing better.
    Great job keeping up with your workouts, and thanks for the reviews! I did notice that Cathe was using lighter weights than usual on the metabolic workout. She did mention that if the weight was too light to go up.

Going to the ER by myself was scary but I am glad I went because it gave me peace of mind knowing that my heart is in good shape. I just have to up my acid reflux meds. This week is feeling a little sureal. I am so busy at work that I think the week will go by quickly, and it won't hit me till next week.

Tami, glad you had such a good experience with that new BC class! I hope you got your DVD's too!

The ER experience was scary for sure. I hope this sinus headache clears up quickly. I didn't realize I was starting to feel a sinus headache last week because I was too busy focusing on the chest pains, and I didn't take meds soon enough.

Have a great week ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    edited January 2019
    Morning Ladies,

No workout last night, since DH called and asked if I could find an urgent care for him. He scratched something on his back shoulder, and it appeared to get infected. Good thing he went in when he did, because the doctor said it could only have gotten worse.

So this morning I decided to do a Lite workout, and tried out Strong Body Stacked Lower Body. So unlike Laurel, I stayed with the same weight that Cathe did. I agree with Laurel, the weights where to light. I think that the barbell weight for me was way to light. Still got a good workout in, even though I used the same weight. The hr goes up on this one also, because of some moves. Totally agree that this one is a good option to use during the first month of the rotation, and I really loved all the moves. One of the things that I liked about the workout, none of the moves are fast so you can up the weights as you go along. There is just so much variety in this set, it makes me kind of confused as to what to try next. :D Can't wait to see what the user guide is like. I'm determined to do my Jillian workout when I get home.

Laurel, Thank you for the great reviews on the new workouts. I opted to try out the LB workout this morning, and will be doing the kickboxing one tomorrow and then the upper body on Thursday. Great job on your workouts, it appears that you where having fun trying out the new ones, and incorporating some live workouts. I think that you will have a lot of fun with all the premixes, I wasted a little time looking at them. I was going to do the ab work, but decided not to. Sounds like I will have to psych myself up for that ab workouts, you described two moves that I don't enjoy either. :D Interesting about that cardio crush being high impact, but I will try it out at some point.

Tami, Great job on your class and your total body workout. Appears that you really enjoyed working out with that instructor, he sounds like a good one. Hope that you both are able to do that once a month, since you enjoyed it. I am eyeing up that PHA workout also, it will probably be my Saturday workout. I so want to try the Pyramid workout at some point. Maybe that one will have to be lower one day and then upper. I don't think that I can get that workout done in the morning, since it is over 70 min.

Thelma, I'm so sorry to hear about your sinus congestion is still making life miserable for you. Hopefully it will get better this week. I'm very happy to see that my MIL is doing better, she is less stressed so that means that DH is less stressed, because she is not calling him all the time. Of course now we realize that we need to make a better effort to go see her and DH's uncle more. Maybe going to a movie or out to dinner, so that they can get out of their condos.

I'm sure some of you have heard about the missing girl here in WI being found. The area that she was held was the same area that my brother has his cabin. Quite shocking for all of us.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! For today’s workout I tried two more LITE workouts and two more calorie crush bonuses as well. So I started with Metabolic Blast. I loved this workout. I did use higher weight than Cathe in most moves, but I will say my shoulders were feeling it. They could be fatigued from yesterday’s and Saturday’s workouts, but I was surprised how much they were burning with light weight. The workout is about 20-25 minutes standing work and then she takes it to the floor for some core/upper body work. The standing work definitely got my heart rate up, and I would say it is probably Cathe’s best metabolic work available on DVD. Okay, so then I added on the Calorie Crush. I am learning that, unlike the ICE Blizzard Blasts, the calorie crush add-ons are not necessarily related to the workout preceding it. Just like the Body Weight and Band workout into calorie crush, in this workout you, again, go from the floor into high impact cardio. There is nothing ‘metabolic’ about it really since there are no weights involved. I would have preferred this as the first segment in the workout, then doing the standing metabolic work then floor. There is no premix for that, but if I do one of the premixes with the calorie crush again, I will do the one that puts this right after the standing work and before the floor work.

The second workout I did was Cardio Party with the calorie crush. <3 The Cardio Party workout was an interesting and fun blend of boxing, hi-lo (low impact) from the olden days ;) and some low impact cardio drills. It was not very intense and I may toy with adding my boxing gloves next time, but I absolutely loved it because it was fun and easy on the body. Many of the moves were old-school Cathe cardio moves. There was nothing threatening about this, no burpees, no weights, etc. For days when I am looking for a light, simple fun workout, I will reach for this one without question. The calorie crush, on the other hand, is done on the step and is four IMAX-like drills. Good stuff.....but not easy. I have already decided when these workouts are available On Demand I will create a workout of just the Calorie Crush segments, and it will, no doubt, be very tough. Anyhow, I didn’t mind the transition into the calorie crush as much on this one because it was all cardio, but it was interesting going from light dancy-ish moves right into pretty tough step work. And, FYI, there is no breakdown of the step moves at all....and they come fast.

Tami, glad you enjoyed your Saturday workout! Sounds like a good change. Glad to hear your DH is still improving. Your trip is coming up so fast!

Thelma, sorry to hear about the continuation of the sinus headache. Hopefully it clears up soon. No doubt next Monday you are going to wake up and think ‘what do I do now?’......and then you will hopefully say ‘whatever I want.....and pack for a move’. :) Such an exciting time.

Laurie, yikes on your DHs injury. I am so glad he had it looked at before it got worse. Glad you enjoyed the Lower Body workout! And I agree with everything you said about it. I will be anxious to hear your impressions of the Kickboxing workout. I think I will be doing PHA2 tomorrow, the KB on Thursday and the Pyramid Pump on Friday.....if everything goes according to plan. That should give me a taste for most of the series. I know I definitely want to find ways of incorporating it in the first month of our next rotation. I have been reading quite a bit about that girl up there. I can’t even begin to imagine what she experienced. She is an amazing survivor, that’s for certain.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    Hi Ladies ~ BootCamp was a toughie last night. She said it was the class she wanted to do when we started the new year but she was sick. So the entire hour was “AMRAP(s)” … 10 Man Makers with heavy weights, 20 squats with heavy weights, 30 situps REPEAT all 3 over and over for 20 min. Then we would do a set of 4 different abs at a minute each and start the whole thing over for 20 min. In reading it, it probably doesn’t sound that tough but it was. Especially I went heavy unlike many people in the class, LOL. I ended up hitting the snooze this a.m. (stayed up way too late) so no workout this a.m.

Thelma: I am SO sorry about your sinus congestion. I know when DH was going through that the headache part was definitely painful. I hope you get better very soon Thelma! Hows your last week going so far? (minus that of course). My DVD’s did arrive. I took them out of the plastic but that’s as far as I got. I need to check out which one I want to do first … which will be tomorrow am.!

Laurie: Thanks for the heads up on that PHA 2 being 70 min. I will try that on Saturday then. I will have too look tonight at the time frames to see what works for tomorrow. Way to go on your new Lite workout!!!! Maybe I will try this one, “Stacked Lower Body” sounds great. Hope you enjoy your JM workout tonight.

Laurel: Way to go woman! You are cruising through these new workouts like a star. I love reading the reviews as well. One thing I love about the Blizzard Blasts is how they do compliment the workout you just finished as a bonus add on. I am sure the Calorie Crushe’s are good as well, just different from the sounds of it.

Have a great evening ladies! Talk to you tomorrow ~ Tami
  • dustynsakuwa
    dustynsakuwa Posts: 1 Member
    A lot of people have weight problems. I used a lot of plans to help me i mainly used a thing that i now have on my site but before i would eat healthy it didn't work then i worked out it kinda helped but when i found this program it changed my life you guys and girls should try it out if your looking to change your life https://wp.me/paCAJQ-l
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

I didn't get in a workout after work, I had to make a stop. I got a little lost in shopping. :p Anyway this morning I did the Rev'd up Rumble with my weighted gloves. Totally loved this workout. It reminded me of KP&C, but without a single jumping jack. :D My arms are talking to me right now. Have to say that my inner thighs are sore this morning from the leg workout yesterday. So far I'm impressed with this series, and it may be my favorite. Looking at the reviews that Laurel has given, I think that may be the case.

Laurel, Awesome job on the workouts, and giving such good reviews. I am interested in the Cardio Party one now, and that the cardio crush workout is a mini Imax. I can take small portions of that type of work, not 60 min. though. Some of the mish-moshes have the calorie crush portion first, and at the end also. I found it interesting that none of the premixes have the calorie crush first in the basic premix. I just saw that the workouts are On Demand now, so you should be able to create your workout the way you want it. I'm ready for the user guide to be published now, they said that it would be out after the on demand was available. Can't wait to hear how you enjoyed PHA 2, that one looks really good too.

Tami, Sounds like you where tortured well by Katy now that she is feeling better. :D I probably made a mistake in that the Pyramid workout is over 70 min. long. The PHA 2 is in the same range as the other workouts. Just wanted to clear that one up. I was surprised this morning when I got out of bed and my legs where talking to me. I'm wanting to do it again, and up the weights. Tonight I'm determined to get that after work workout done, since I put a chicken in my slow cooker. I will have to start doing that more often if I want to get in two short workouts each day. That usually works better for me, than trying to squeeze them into my mornings.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout started with LITE PHA 2. I went one or two increments heavier than Cathe and absolutely loved this workout. It is two sets of 8 exercises, each repeated once. I loved the pace, I loved the rep counts, I loved the exercises.....I loved it all! :) Again, I think finding the right weight is key and it will probably take me a few times to do that. But I already can’t wait to do this one again. I added on the Core #1 workout on the end, and I did like this better today than Saturday. I suppose doing it with a headache on Saturday probably wasn’t the best idea. B) I will keep trying it to see if I grow into it more and more. Anyhow, for cardio, I did S&S Cycle Max.

Tami, I think the BC class sounds tough! It sounds like Katy is feeling better. I hope you enjoy PHA 2 as much as I did. I know you have been looking forward to this one.

Laurie, so happy to hear you liked Rev’s Up Rumble! And no jumping jacks is a huge bonus! Now I am excited to try this tomorrow. I was reading reviews on Cathe’s site a little earlier, and another person mentioned it was like KPC. KPC has been one of my favorite workouts since it was released back in—what—2003? I think I am going to try to make up a Calorie Crush only workout today or tomorrow to try on Friday after doing Pyramid Pump. I think it will make for a short, intense workout which I like after such a long strength training workout. I am really curious to do the Calorie Crushes like that and see what my impression of them is after.

Thelma, hope you are well and your last week of work is going okay.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    Hi Ladies and Happy Wednesday! This week is going by sooooooooooooo slow {again}. No workout last night, this a.m. I ended up doing the PHA 2 workout and absolutely LOVED it! I must love that form of training forsure. Yahoo for my first LITE series workout. Tonight I will head to Spinning after work.

Laurie: Some evenings are just like that, especially having to stop after work. LOL Great job with Rev’d Up Rumble, sounds fantastic. That’s awesome that it is one of your favorites already. Sometimes a series has to grow on us after a couple workouts. That is great to hear. I can’t wait to continue trying more of them. No worries on the time frame of PHA 2. I looked this a.m. and thought, well it says it’s this long so I will just see what happens. Good to know on the Pyramid one though …. Thanks!

Laurel: I agree a million % on the PHA 2 . . . love this one! I am excited to try the others soon. I am interested to see what I think of the Core workouts too after you review. Thank you again by the way for your details on all of these.

Hi Thelma – Only a couple more days until FREEDOM!

Talk to you ladies tomorrow ~ Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, just a quick check in to say hello and to tell you that I'm alive! I am working long hours till the last day. I'm so busy that I don't even have time to think about what a big week this is. I'm starting to get a little emotional again but nothing at all like when I first gave my notice. I thought I was over the sinus headaches so I stopped the Musinex and I woke up with the sinus pressure again today! YIKES!
    I've not exercised and I probably won't this week. I am too tired after work and I can hardly function when I get home.

Great job with your workouts ladies and I'm glad you're enjoying Cathe's new workouts! I can't wait to try them myself.

Good night ladies!

Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

I got in a cardio workout after work, it was on the Jillian app. May try out one of her yoga workouts from that on Saturday. I did the Lite Strong Body Stacked Upper Body this morning, and we have another winner. Now I'm just going with the weights that Cathe is using, just to get familiar with the workouts. I know that I can go heavier on the back and chest work for sure. The shoulder work may be slight, I will up it by a pound and see how that goes in the future. Right now the shoulders are sore, in a good way of course. Loved the warm up and cool down on this one too. Nothing dragged even though you went through each grouping twice.

Laurel, Awesome job on the workouts. I'm now looking forward to trying out the PHA 2 workout, it sounds awesome. Again I will try it out with the weight that Cathe used, just to see what I need to change going forward. This one might be the choice for total body work starting next week. ;) I think that you will really enjoy the kickboxing workout, it is one that you can take it up if you want to. I just loved the punching combos. My calf muscles really worked during this one too. I'm going to be curious how that cardio crush workout goes, I'm sure that will be a really tough workout. I was looking at some of the exercises in the Rev'd up Rumble, and it looked intense. I've not tried out the ab work yet, good to know that the workout grew on you when you where feeling better.

Tami, You and Laurel where on the same page, and since you both loved that workout I am now looking at making it my Saturday workout instead of the Pyramid Pump. That and yoga should make for a really good Saturday. :D Hope that your spin class was good.

Thelma, Can understand the not getting in a workout when you are so mentally drained from all that you need to do for work and of course at home. So sorry to hear that your sinus pressure came back with a vengeance, sounds painful. You will be trying out these workouts when you are all settled in your new home, then you can really enjoy them.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! I had a fun workout today. I started with LITE Rev’d Up Rumble with the Calorie Crush and really enjoyed this workout. The Calorie Crush on this one worked really well because it wasn’t so different from the workout (much of it was cardio blasts she has used in other KB workouts) but added just a little push at the end. Last night Cathe posted she was doing a Live workout today called ‘Kicks, Box and Bags’, and I had a feeling this was going to be a kickboxing workout drawn from the Rumble workout, so I went right into it when it came on Live....just as I was finishing up the Calorie Crush. And I was right! It was a very similar workout except she threw the Calorie Crush blasts into the main body of the workout between combos and had a heavy bag segment. All totaled, it was about 90 minutes of kickboxing, but since I love kickboxing....I was good. :) I followed it with LITE Extended Stretch 2. This stretch was a little less relaxing and more ‘athletic’ than the Extended Stretch 1, but I enjoyed it just the same. She did some different stretches that really hit the hips.....which I need. Both these stretches are only about 10 minutes long, and I see doing them often. So I only have one more LITE workout to try! :o:o That will be the long Pyramid Party tomorrow. I will follow it with my Calorie Crush combo....if I have the energy. :p

Tami, so glad you enjoyed the PHA2 workout. I love this form of workout too. I have myself mostly convinced that my Friday workouts in this first month of our rotation are going to be PHA workouts. I have done both core workouts now. Neither is too intense, but that’s okay. The first one is boxing based and consists of exercises like alternating sit-outs, sit-ups into punches, etc. The second one is more straight forward and consists of 8 pretty standard core exercises. They both seem to go really quickly, which is nice. I liked the second more than the first, but I think the first is more intense.

Thelma, thanks for checking in. I don’t blame you for a second in missing the workouts this week. No doubt you are exhausted right now. I am sorry the sinus issues haven’t left you yet. Hope these next two days are nice to you!

Laurie, glad you enjoyed the Stacked Upper Body. I am glad I am not the only one who thought the shoulder work was tough! I really felt that segment. I really enjoyed Rev’d Up Rumble. When it started with all the kicks (after the warm-up) I wasn’t sure it would get my heart rate up, but it really snuck up on me in a good way. My calves were burning too! The Crush was tough and very high impact, but nowhere near brutal.....which is good. I am loving this series for the options it provides, that’s for certain. And as I said to Tami, I am thinking PHA on Fridays, with next Friday being LITE PHA2. :)

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    Hi Ladies and Happy Thursday! I am leaving just a little early today to go over to the Gonzaga Basketball game as a family event with my DH, stepson and girlfriend along with my in-laws. DH has a friend that has season tickets so we are going. Should be fun. My FIL is a huge fan and has never seen them live. It is snowing today and the in-laws I know will be nervous to drive over to our house. We will all ride together to the game. Just hope they don’t cxl. Last night’s Spinning was a good one, went by really fast. “Big Kahunas” she calls it. LOL This a.m. I tried out LITE: Metabolic Blast and really liked it. :)

Thelma: I don’t blame you at all for just keeping your head above water right now. One more day …. You got this and the adrenaline rush can ease up a bit. Hopefully that sinus pain gets better for you.

Laurie: Yaaaas! Glad to hear we have yet another winner in the new LITE series! Always like to hear that the warm-up and cool down is good as well. Anxious (like I have said all week) to try them all. Great job with your cardio workout after work as well with your JM app.

Laurel: Sounds like another amazing combo between the new LITE workout and online class. WOWSA! I bet if you were keeping track you burned some amazing calories. LOL I am not surprised that you only have 1 more to try out on the new series. Way to go. Loved all the reviews too. I really like the sound of that Extended Stretch 2 …. Maybe I will try that out this weekend. I like hitting the hips in a stretch due to sitting at a desk job. I can feel they get tighter and tighter sometimes. I’m with you on the Friday being “PHA Day” ~ just love that style of workout so much, its like a reward on Friday to do it! I’m in. ;)
    Anxious to see how that Shoulder work feels after you and Laurie have both commented on the Stacked Upper Body workout.

Have a great afternoon/evening ladies. I will talk to you tomorrow! Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, one more day!!! I was so exhausted very exhausted when I got home tonight. I felt like a zombie! My right wrist was feeling funny as in carpal tunnel syndrome funny. I guess I've been typing and using the mouse a lot. My head seemed pretty good today which is great.
    We are expecting our first snow storm of the year this weekend. DH told me the big stuff will come on Sunday night. Thank God I won't have to go to work on Monday and DH has a holiday.

I am so happy you're all enjoying Cathe's new workouts! I can't wait to try them myself.

Have a wonderful weekend!!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

This morning I got in LiTe Cardio Party. You all know that I'm no fan of hi/lo, but this one was perfect for me. :D I loved the whole workout, and I never even glanced at the time clock until it was almost over. At some point I will be trying these out with the cardio crush. I got home late last night, so no trying any of the app workouts from Jillian. We are suppose to be getting a storm starting tonight, so it may be a weekend at home. ;)

Laurel, Awesome job on the workouts. My one question on the calorie crush with the RUR. How long are the blasts? Or is she doing it for a count? I looked at the exercises, and I know that I can adjust to low impact if necessary. Thanks for the information on the stretches, that is one of the things that I know I should add to my workouts. These are short enough that I can add them on, which I should have done this morning. I'm still in the mode of trying the workout as is, and then trying out the other premix options. I'm going to try the Metabolic one tomorrow with some yoga, and wait for the PHA 2 for Friday of next week and I'm guessing S&S for the next Friday? :D My first shot at anything Pyramid will be trying out the lower body as a stand alone workout.

Tami, I hope that you had a blast with the basketball game, I'm sure the energy level was high. Glad to hear that the spin class was a good one, and I love the name. :D Nice that you loved the Metabolic Blast, as I said to Laurel, I'm trying that one out tomorrow. Will see how my shoulders like me after this week, it does seem that they are getting really worked with this series. Both cardio workouts have boxing, so you really use them for that.

Thelma, Your LAST day of work today, I'm sure there will be a bit of emotion when it is time to leave. I love that you both don't have to venture out in the weather on Monday. My DH is off on Monday also, but I will be heading into work. Hopefully the traffic will be light for MLK day. Enjoy your weekend, and I'm sure that you both will be doing some packing.

Have a wonderful weekend,
    Laurie