Will it affect my weight loss?

Will I still lose weight if i eat pizza and keep within my calories? Or will it halt it?

Replies

• namelesshere
    namelesshere Posts: 334 Member
    Weightloss = Calories out > calories in
  • steveko89
    steveko89 Posts: 2,214 Member
    If you weigh yourself daily you may see the scale increase the day after having pizza due it being high carb and sodium, but this will be due to water retention which will dissipate. As others have stated, calorie deficit is key, being consistently under your calories is all you need.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    I lost 55 pounds still eating pizza and ice cream when it fit into my calories. If you like it, feel good while eating it, and it fits in your calorie and nutrition goals for the day, then I say go for it if you want.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    120 pounds down and i eat everything under the sun.

its all about the calories
  • Seffell
    Seffell Posts: 2,219 Member
    If it was going to affect your loss then why count calories at all?
  • JDSapp4585
    JDSapp4585 Posts: 29 Member
    I have pizza at least once a week but skip it every once in a while if I feel like having something different. I do prefer mine thin crust though which I think might save on some of the carbs. I also eat it after a weigh in which are on Saturdays for me. I've managed to lose around 50 lbs while starting in August 2017 so by all means, enjoy eating it as long as it works into your daily caloric intake.

• ShayCarver89
    ShayCarver89 Posts: 239 Member
    I have pizza every saturday!
  • Johnd2000
    Johnd2000 Posts: 198 Member
    Homemade pizza (usually comes in at around 900 calories) twice a week, here. I’ve been doing that for a year and have no trouble keeping within my calorie target. My BF was 18% last January. It’s now a hair under 14%.

• psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    As long as fiber and protein are equated.... there is not much diff between carbs and fats...
  • abbasrizvi918
    abbasrizvi918 Posts: 7 Member
    It's all about calorie count. If your intake<Expenditure then you gonna burn. Simple maths
  • cherylhammani70
    cherylhammani70 Posts: 26 Member
    The worst thing about pizza I think is it is high in saturated fat, so unless you are watching cholesterol you should be fine. I know I have been on my journey since January 29th and I have lost 22-23 pounds and I have eaten pizza 3 or 4 times.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    How did I miss a pizza thread?? OP, nothing wrong with pizza. I've eaten lots of pizza (both homemade and takeout) and somehow managed to lose 50 pounds.