What was the last meal you cooked?

Replies

• mjbnj0001
    mjbnj0001 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Lemon-herb chicken with homemade basil-garlic-herb tomato sauce and "supergreens" rotini. Some leftover unused peas from the other day's "soup season" entree on the side and also some leftover unused diced carrots cooked into the sauce for good measure. Had an intensive 2-day "wilderness first aid" course from the county park system and a national provider (yesterday and today), so when I got home this evening, I just threw together this meal for the family. 1hr from start to table.

oexn3395rt4z.jpg
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    Last night was roasted sweet potatoes, red onions, and kabocha squash with barley (which I made in the rice cooker). The squash was a shocking dud which sucked, but the rest of it was good. Will be lunch on Monday.
  • aokoye
    I have 6 chicken thighs (bone in skin on) marinating with smoked paprika, an onion, black pepper, and 3/4 of a preserved lemon finely cut (the flesh not scooped out) in the fridge. All of that will be roasted with green beans as well.
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Orange spicy mustard chicken thighs and drumsticks . Cauli mash. Veggies stir fry.

100wm0hj3r5b.jpg
    0sobiusjq3iy.jpg
  • Chelle8070
    Chelle8070 Posts: 163 Member
    I didn't take a picture of my food done, but it was this recipe and it was one of the greatest sweet potato based dishes I've ever consumed:
    https://ifoodreal.com/sweet-potato-skillet/
  • pnst84ever
    pnst84ever Posts: 22 Member
    I'm not much of a cook, but my husband made general tso cauliflower last night. I do prefer steak, but it was pretty good.
  • RachelElser
    RachelElser Posts: 1,049 Member
    Used left over turkey from Thanksgiving, and left over rice from curry to make a creamy turkey rice soup. I's a big enough pot that i had it all this week, and will have enough for three days of lunches next week.
    Next up is ham pasta from the ham I've been eating for dinner all week (with two eggs and toast).
  • Kevin_Hassenpflug
    Kevin_Hassenpflug Posts: 70 Member
    edited January 2019
    1 Cup Dry Brown Rice & 1 Cup Dry Green Lentils
    3 cups water seasoned with white vinegar and salt (to taste) - Cook till done

1 can spinach or greens & 1 can mixed vegetables
    Drain water from cans - Cook to warm up
    Add to Rice and Lentil mix

Add 1 14oz can chicken and 1 12oz can Buffalo Chicken

Mix all ingredients into a big bowl
    Add Franks Red Hot Sauce (must be Franks) - to taste:

Serving size is 1Cup - at around 250 calories you have a low-fat, high protein, high complex carb, lower glycemic index and high fiber.....snack/meal.

Drink plenty of water........
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Chicken meatballs stew.

6qvtmyht9dgz.jpg
  • labtech666
    labtech666 Posts: 66 Member
    No pics because it really isn't very photogenic, but I made a butternut squash and red lentil curry in the slow cooker yesterday which was lovely and really filling.
  • amgreenwell
    amgreenwell Posts: 1,268 Member
    Two nights ago:Slow cooker sweet and sour chicken thighs with red bell pepper, pineapple and rice pilaf
    Last night: five cheese ravioli with veggies and alfredo sauce and a fruit salad
  • aokoye
    Chicken thighs with maple syrup and delicata squash for dinner, roasted acorn squash (for part of my lunch Tuesday and Wednesday), and cooked four boneless skinless chicken thighs on the grill pan (for salads for lunches this week).

Yesterday was applesauce with cranberries and grated ginger.
  • mjbnj0001
    mjbnj0001 Posts: 1,069 Member
    "Vegetable Beef Barley" soup as the next "Soup Season" entree. After a long weekend in cold Toronto, Ontario, and returning to a more frigid NJ, some sort of "comfort soup" seemed to be just the ticket. And a good way to change tacks from travel food. Diced/trimmed browned chuck roast, a bunch of different diced veggies, some fresh frozen veg (peas! corn! beans!) and enough barley for body without making this a stew yields a low-salt, high fiber, nutritious and satisfying meal. Yes, that is my old-style, jiggle-top pressure cooker pot; the largest vessel I have suitable for making a stovetop soup.

nxi5gp0j6ulc.jpg

tppwnc4oq0ws.jpg

• gallicinvasion
    gallicinvasion Posts: 1,015 Member
    Bf and I prepped our lunches for the week by making slow-cooker enchilada casserole! Sautéed ground turkey and onions, red and green bell peppers, corn, black beans, fire-roasted tomatoes, quinoa, enchilada sauce, and shredded cheddar cheese! Topped with cilantro.
  • amgreenwell
    Sautéed chicken with black beans, cherry tomatoes and brown rice with a taco seasoning blend and some shredded cheese
  • rainingribbons
    rainingribbons Posts: 1,051 Member
    Yesterday made a turkey, sweet potato, and black bean chili in the crockpot for lunches for the week, also made homemade felafel and Tzatziki sauce to be used in wraps for dinner last night and tonight.
  • twdlove89
    twdlove89 Posts: 95 Member
    59d69pudeh82.jpeg
    I made homemade periperi chicken.
    Pulled all the skin off before marinating it. Soooo good, we loved it!
  • amgreenwell
    Last night was a quick beef pot pie with puff pastry. Everyone loved it!
  • chekhov_liszt
    chekhov_liszt Posts: 9 Member
    Last night we had fried eggs (on electric griddle, so no added fats), bacon, and orange slices.