Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    Beka3695 wrote: »
    See this whole BINGO thing confused me.... I thought we had to COMPLETE the square.

Yay - I don’t have to awkwardly hit on my cousins hot wife 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

This made me snort lol
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    I think I am going to start looking for a new job. The VP has decided that if we have our phones on our desk to listen to music, we have to have them face down. If we are going answer texts we have to get up and walk away from our desks.
    I don't like the control freakness of it. I am not five and I do my job well.

Yeah, this is bull
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    I think I am going to start looking for a new job. The VP has decided that if we have our phones on our desk to listen to music, we have to have them face down. If we are going answer texts we have to get up and walk away from our desks.

Is he/she worried about people taking pictures of private data on the computer screens?
  • melissafeagins
    melissafeagins Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    Oberon21 wrote: »

Is he/she worried about people taking pictures of private data on the computer screens?

No. There's a strict policy against that, and you have to pay the HIPAA fine out of your pocket. No one would take that risk in my department.

She's just sure that we'll all be on social media all day instead of working. And I do have a coworker who watches Netflix on her phone during work, but you fire that person. You don't treat the good people like five year olds.

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options

That's stupid. What a control freak.
  • quiksylver296
    Options

No. There's a strict policy against that, and you have to pay the HIPAA fine out of your pocket. No one would take that risk in my department.

She's just sure that we'll all be on social media all day instead of working. And I do have a coworker who watches Netflix on her phone during work, but you fire that person. You don't treat the good people like five year olds.

Amen. I hate it when supervisors/administration make rules meant to punish one person who is slacking off. Just deal with that one person!!!
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,406 Member
    Options

Amen. I hate it when supervisors/administration make rules meant to punish one person who is slacking off. Just deal with that one person!!!

Yup, the woman in our office has managed to do that. She was listening to audiobooks and taking calls with headphones in, but doing a bad job and making mistakes. So headphones and audiobooks are banned. So she played her music out loud and then there was a clash of two radios going, so now we have to have them right down low.
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,719 Member
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    Confession:
    I just went shopping for Christmas 2019! :o Target clearance is the best!

That's awesome! Get anything good?
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    Confession:

Wow! I'd forget by Christmas that I'd bought anything. LOL
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,719 Member
    Options

I hate being treated like a child. I've worked for the same company for over 11 years. If you can't trust me to do my job, then find someone else.
  • melissafeagins
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »

Yup, the woman in our office has managed to do that. She was listening to audiobooks and taking calls with headphones in, but doing a bad job and making mistakes. So headphones and audiobooks are banned. So she played her music out loud and then there was a clash of two radios going, so now we have to have them right down low.

We can't have actual radios at all. I can listen via live stream on my phone, but it has to be with ear buds and face down on the desk. I have mine in my pocket today because it fits. And I am on a break now, away from my desk.
  • melissafeagins
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »

I hate being treated like a child. I've worked for the same company for over 11 years. If you can't trust me to do my job, then find someone else.

Same. I have been in this department for 11 years and worked here for 15 next week.
  • melissafeagins
    Options
    Confession:

So would I.
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Confession:

That's awesome! Get anything good?

Just some stuff for P.
    A table tennis set, a telescope, Star Wars walkie talkies, a game where you launch/shoot balls into a bear's belly with an electronic scoreboard, and a magic ring thingy.
  • kelly_c_77
    Options
    Confession:

I have a secret spot where I keep all the things I "collect" for him throughout the year. So anything I get that can be a gift, reward for good behavior, or even just something new for us to do on a rainy day or whatever.. it all goes in the same spot. If I didn't have a designated spot, I'd definitely forget about them.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Confession:

My mom used to hide stuff so well that she would forget for months after Christmas & closer to Summer she would find something she meant to give as a gift.
  • kelly_c_77
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Confession:

My mom used to hide stuff so well that she would forget for months after Christmas & closer to Summer she would find something she meant to give as a gift.

Would she give it to you when she found it? Like a surprise summer gift? Or make you wait until next Christmas?