Sweet cravings

2»

Replies

• nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    I would have a quarter cup of ice cream with nut almost every night. I also have some licorice (which I love) or a chocolate bar. I eat one piece of one square at a time. I'm fine with that.
  • fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    FL_Hiker wrote: »
    gelo33 wrote: »
    Hello everyone.
    How do you all manage sweet cravings? I always do well but cave in when it comes to chocolates and biscuits.
    I previously never had a sweet tooth so I can’t understand what is going on.
    Does switching up protein and fats help to bring sugar cravings down?
    Thanks for any advice and help.
    Forgot to add I try to factor them in my daily calories but end up having extra 🙄
    Eg I factor in one chocolate (12g) for after lunch and 2 biscuits for the evening but end up doubling the quantities.

This probably doesn’t help your problem but have you ever had chocolate gravy and biscuits for breakfast? It’s hands down the most amazing thing ever lol sounds right up your alley! I’m a big sweets person too, I just make room for them every day. I’m healthy, my bloodwork always comes back perfect, I have good teeth, just don’t see a problem with it. My great Grammy lived to be 100 years old and she ate mostly chocolate for her meals, theres gotta be something to it right?!

9l6x6o6c2c6h.jpeg

This cracked me up as I eat 1340 cal maintenance and 1200 to lose. I was curious to know the calories in this breakfast.

• FL_Hiker
    FL_Hiker Posts: 919 Member
    edited January 2019
    fiddletime wrote: »
    FL_Hiker wrote: »
    gelo33 wrote: »
    Hello everyone.
    How do you all manage sweet cravings? I always do well but cave in when it comes to chocolates and biscuits.
    I previously never had a sweet tooth so I can’t understand what is going on.
    Does switching up protein and fats help to bring sugar cravings down?
    Thanks for any advice and help.
    Forgot to add I try to factor them in my daily calories but end up having extra 🙄
    Eg I factor in one chocolate (12g) for after lunch and 2 biscuits for the evening but end up doubling the quantities.

This probably doesn’t help your problem but have you ever had chocolate gravy and biscuits for breakfast? It’s hands down the most amazing thing ever lol sounds right up your alley! I’m a big sweets person too, I just make room for them every day. I’m healthy, my bloodwork always comes back perfect, I have good teeth, just don’t see a problem with it. My great Grammy lived to be 100 years old and she ate mostly chocolate for her meals, theres gotta be something to it right?!

9l6x6o6c2c6h.jpeg

This cracked me up as I eat 1340 cal maintenance and 1200 to lose. I was curious to know the calories in this breakfast.

You know what they say, if you’ve gotta ask you probably can’t afford it 😂! In all seriousness though it’s not actually that bad.. this recipe is 90 calories for the gravy and it’s similar to how I make it. Add a couple biscuits probably 100-200 cal each depending on the recipe... I think it’s worth it 😊
  • vegmebuff
    vegmebuff Posts: 31,389 Member
    8vlxubnxasj2.png
    Protein Fluff "Ice Cream" Parfait

Servings
    Ingredients
    1 scoop whey or plant based protein powder in flavor of your choice (or I use 1 tbsp. of cocoa power - only 10 calories)
    10 oz unsweetened vanilla almond or coconut milk
    1 tsp xanthan gum
    1 tablespoon peanut or almond butter (only if you want...I don't use this however I might sprinkle a few tbsp's of PB2 powder just before consuming)
    2-3 large ice cubes (I use lots more than that)
    1/4 cup fresh berries of your choice
    Instructions
    In a blender or food processor, add whey protein, milk, xanthan gum, and nut butter.
    Blend on a high-power setting, stopping to scrape around blender occasionally to get the ingredients mixed well.
    Add in 2-3 large ice cubes and blend again.
    If the mixture is too thick, add more milk until desired consistency is achieved. It should look like a thick pudding once blended. If it is runny, add more xanthan gum.
    Layer the berries and mixture in a bowl or a fancy ice cream dish if you have one.
    Garnish the top with fresh or frozen berries, coconut flakes, cocoa powde

I like to freeze it up for a few hours first

Works really well for my sweet cravings
  • MichelleWithMoxie
    MichelleWithMoxie Posts: 1,819 Member
    vegmebuff wrote: »
    8vlxubnxasj2.png

Servings
    Ingredients
    1 scoop whey or plant based protein powder in flavor of your choice (or I use 1 tbsp. of cocoa power - only 10 calories)
    1 tsp xanthan gum
    1 tablespoon peanut or almond butter (only if you want...I don't use this however I might sprinkle a few tbsp's of PB2 powder just before consuming)
    Instructions
    In a blender or food processor, add whey protein, milk, xanthan gum, and nut butter.
    Blend on a high-power setting, stopping to scrape around blender occasionally to get the ingredients mixed well.
    If the mixture is too thick, add more milk until desired consistency is achieved. It should look like a thick pudding once blended. If it is runny, add more xanthan gum.
    Layer the berries and mixture in a bowl or a fancy ice cream dish if you have one.

What are the total calories?
  • vegmebuff
    vegmebuff Posts: 31,389 Member
    MichSmish wrote: »
    8vlxubnxasj2.png

Servings
    Ingredients
    1 tsp xanthan gum
    Instructions

I guess that is totally dependent upon what one puts into it...mine is pretty low considering I don't use many of the items listed above...

• nseidle1
    nseidle1 Posts: 7 Member
    I try to eat healthy sweets if I absolutely cave. Like tonight for dessert I sliced a banana and crushed some walnuts and topped it with cinnamon as my desert. Its not chocolate but it was still really satisfying when I get those sweet cravings. I also really like ants on a log, as well as I do a fruit salad with mandarins,pineapple and banana topped with chia seeds. I also just have one piece if I am going to cave and have chocolate. It satisfies the chocolate craving before you over indulge.

I've noticed that changing your eating habits is a lot like when I quit smoking. The first few weeks are the worst for cravings and usually if you can distract yourself for about 15 minutes or so while your in the middle of the craving you'll notice it goes away.

Good Luck!
  • lillianwynter
    lillianwynter Posts: 6 Member
    I set my calories 100 under what they shoul be to help for time when I go over Bc I’m more awar and it sets me up better for mistakes when I log
  • staticsplit
    staticsplit Posts: 538 Member
    edited January 2019
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    It won't work for everyone, but I found my cravings for less nutrient-dense sweets (cookies, cake, candy) became much more manageable when I started making it a point to eat servings of fruit every day.

I started with 3 servings minimum, but found that after a while doing it (1) I could be more flexible, and (2) quite a few lower-quality baked goods and candies started seeming too simple and "just sweet", without other satisfying aspects. I do still eat some less nutrient-dense sweets, but don't so much crave them; and I tend to save the calories for extra yummy ones that seem truly worth it.

Like I said, it won't work for all, but I've seen others here report experiences similar to mine. Could be worth a try?

This week I stewed 5 apples with lemon juice, cinnamon, and some almonds. I tended to have around 70g apples and 6-8 almonds either on their own or with some yoghurt/cottage cheese. I like to make smoothies with frozen cherries, chocolate protein, and almond milk too. A banana and chocolate PB2 is a nice treat, sometimes with some seeds or wholemeal toast for crunch. I buy Halo Top when it's on sale.

These are treats that taste sweet but deliver enough protein or fibre that I'm satisfied and less likely to binge on them (I have a history with bulimia so I have to be more careful than most). I still eat normal sweets too, but less often.
  • MichelleWithMoxie
    MichelleWithMoxie Posts: 1,819 Member
    MichSmish wrote: »
    8vlxubnxasj2.png

Servings
    Ingredients
    1 tsp xanthan gum
    Instructions

I guess that is totally dependent upon what one puts into it...mine is pretty low considering I don't use many of the items listed above...

I mean what’s pretty low? You’re giving no tangible number examples to even gauge an estimate.
  • endermako
    endermako Posts: 787 Member
    I don't deprive myself. If I want chocolate I eat it. I just only portion out a serving and then put the rest away. My sweet cravings have reduced over time.
  • twdlove89
    twdlove89 Posts: 95 Member
    I was craving chocolate like mad this morning so brought a chocolate protein drink 😍😍 defiantly sorted my craving!
    Also I get sweet freedom choc shot and choc spread, low in calories and amazing with fruit or just eaten straight out of the tub 🤣
  • hoosierlad
    hoosierlad Posts: 69 Member
    Sweets are the killer. I love ice cream and chocolate at night :-( . I'm going to try and eat some fruit with cottage cheese when I get cravings. I'll try to make it a habit but will settle with eating nothing or the cottage cheese 5 days a week.
  • Jozie526
    Jozie526 Posts: 5 Member
    I drink the chocolate protein drink and that satisfies my chocolate craving and the 4 o’clock cravings. I’m going to try to eat earlier to see if this helps too.

• GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    edited January 2019
    @Jozie526 I have been eating 3-4 of these bars of chocolate weekly for a few years now along with coconut flakes that satisfies my chocolate cravings well but I know different things works for different people. Along with almonds this is my Almond Joy candy bar replacement that contains no added sugars. I just do the mixing in my mouth since I do not like to cook and then the clean up. :)

In time you will find your own eating solutions too I expect. Best of success.

https://ebay.com/i/183185851022?chn=ps

At Krogers and WalMart currently they are about $3 each in my region.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Not sure if this is allowed, so mods delete if not...I’m very skeptical by nature, but ordered the tabs called Sweet Defeat. Essentially, they kill your sweet tooth for about 30 mins so sweets are tasteless, or some even nasty. I’ve tried it 3-4 times and will say it works. BUT, I don’t take it often because even my coffee with stevia and fruit are icky when you’re using it.
  • jesspen91
    jesspen91 Posts: 1,383 Member
    I've recently discovered Fibre One bars. I'm in the UK so I don't know if they have them where you are but I love them. They are like small cake bars and come in lots of flavours for 80-100 calories per bar. My favourite are the carrot cake flavour but I've also tried and enjoyed chocolate, salted caramel and lemon drizzle.