Weightlifting

Hi there, BroMos! I've been part of the Reddit community for a while, and have found myself on MFP YET AGAIN trying to get my post-baby weight under control before I get knocked up again.

I've been reading Smart Curves (given to me digitally by a friend; I'd be happy to pass along the .mobi file to anyone else who might want it!) and am now convinced that I want to jump in with the weights all day every day.

Do any of you have experience with that plan of action, or any words of advice/encouragement?

I love my gym and don't think there will be many problems, but sometimes I read r/xxfitness and get SO MAD on behalf of women who are shamed in the weight room. I'm super mouthy, so I don't think I'll have a problem putting someone in line if they talk out of turn to me.

Anyway, you all are awesome, and I'm glad to be on here :)

Replies

• cmkeller88
    cmkeller88 Posts: 6 Member
    I don't have advice for this specific plan, I have never read it actually. I just got cleared to do weight lifting again so I am doing a very beginner course.

Advice and encouragement: you will gain a few pounds before you start losing, so don't let that discourage you. One of the fitness threads on reddit had a recent explanation but summary of it is: when you start cardio or weight lifting, your body starts to make more blood. Approximately a pint which is roughly a couple pounds. This is good, having more blood flow is beneficial to your muscles. Anytime you are sore, you are retaining a little more fluid and it is normal. So stay hydrated, stay consistent, stay strong.