Huel flavour opinion

Options
I've recently had a baby and through endless breastfeeding, napping (him, not me), nappies etc I literally have no time to cook. Sometimes I don't eat after breakfast at all. So I was thinking of trying huel, then at least when I don't manage to eat im getting some nutrition. However, you can't buy samples just the huge packs so I'm wondering if anyone has tried it and what flavours you like? I'm going to stay away from the flavour boosts so just the actual main flavours. I'm thinking vanilla is safe but I wasn't sure if it would be so plain I could still taste the earthy oaty taste they talk about. Any other opinions on alternatives or whether any one recommends hurl would also be great :)

Replies

• yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,389 Member
    Options
    Some people don't mind liquid food, others get very hungry on it. Why not buy some bread, if you like something spreadable, and some cheese and meat in slices, put on, eat. Takes no 2 minutes to make.
  • pami18
    pami18 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    To be honest liquid food isn't something I'm a huge fan of but I have tried meal plans with easy snacks and lunches in but it just never happens. If I do eat its usually sandwich or toast but I feel like that's all I'm eating as I usually have the same for breakfast. The hope is that I'd continue to eat as I do but add this in so I get more varied nutrients and calories on days where I struggle. Having said that I'd be very open to cheap easy ideas that don't got off quickly.
  • Lumary2553
    Lumary2553 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My girlfriend got Huel and she said she could barely stomach it.. She got plain and vanilla and she said the vanilla is not any better than plain. She's tried adding other things to it to help with the taste and she said nothing works.... She's pretty ticked too because I guess it's not that cheap.
  • KmCm1012
    KmCm1012 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Myself and my husband have been using Huel for a few months. We get the unflavoured one. I love having 2 scoops with a frozen banana and some cinnamon for breakfast. For lunch I have 1 and 1/2 scoop and the mint chocolate flavour boost which is delicious. My husband mixes his with orange juice, some frozen berries and agave syrup. I find the number of scoops is the key for taste, I hate my husbands because he is using it to gain so has 3 scoops. I have found 2 is perfect for me with a little added flavouring.