Miranda's Progress thread

Replies

• jadeblue14
    jadeblue14 Posts: 182 Member
    Nice job babe! You keep talking about salmon and it makes me want it REALLY BAD...it's just SO expensive here inland LOL - how much does home chef run you btw?

It's $9.99 per serving. Each meal is 2 servings, and you have to get at least 2 meals a week. But you can skip weeks whenever you want. And if you get 3 or more meals, shipping is free. If you want to try it, let me know! I have money off offers I can give. We were worried a serving wouldn't be enough food for Jason (he's 6'3"), but that's really rare. They're a pretty good portion size, and you get to choose from a whole bunch each week.
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    jadeblue14 wrote: »
    Nice job babe! You keep talking about salmon and it makes me want it REALLY BAD...it's just SO expensive here inland LOL - how much does home chef run you btw?

It's $9.99 per serving. Each meal is 2 servings, and you have to get at least 2 meals a week. But you can skip weeks whenever you want. And if you get 3 or more meals, shipping is free. If you want to try it, let me know! I have money off offers I can give. We were worried a serving wouldn't be enough food for Jason (he's 6'3"), but that's really rare. They're a pretty good portion size, and you get to choose from a whole bunch each week.

Eh, wouldn't be my thing - I cook from scratch almost every day, and never seem to run out of ideas lmao. I was just curious, because they DO seem convenient :)

Is 9.99 average for that sort of service? Seems high to be, but then again, I'm cheap LMAO
  • volgirl1322
    volgirl1322 Posts: 2,086 Member
    I enjoy cooking too much to try it....but that is just me....and I also have a hubs and 11 year old to feed....and my college son when he is home....BUT, I have friends at work that don't like to cook and they enjoy it...….

• mistymeadows2005
    Sorta my train of thought too - probably perfect for some situations! But agreed, I like shopping and cooking etc etc :)
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    You're doing great!!! So 3 home meals which is 6 meals would be $60.00? For me that would be like going out to Chinese or fast food but if I went to The 99 I would pay a little more depending on what I eat. I say that if you can afford it and you love the food then thats awesome and I really enjoy hearing what you're having to eat in those meals :)
  • jadeblue14
    It's just me and the boyfriend, and it's been a great solution to our takeout problem. Definitely not for everyone, but cheaper than take out 3 nights a week! We both work so much, the decision for what to make we get put off and we'd just get take out. We're still cooking the meals, but there's much less thought involved and no grocery shopping. I also used to throw out so much food. Our food waste has really dropped.
  • jadeblue14
    After all of that, did not wind up eating the home chef last night. Jason got out of work too late and I was too hungry. I ate leftover steak, a couple frittos, 2 lindt truffles, and a few pieces of cheese wrapped in sopprosseta. About 1100 calories. Not the best food, but once I broke the fasting seal I wanted to eat everything in sight.
    So, we'll try again with the salmon tonight! I should be home from rehearsal by 630pm, and we're eating that fish even if it's 9pm tonight!
    All that said, my body finally let go of some junk it had been holding on to. I woke up to an other woosh this morning. I'll pretend it's the chocolate that did it.
    2/11/18 SW: 183
    Start weight (1/2/19) 163.3
    Current weight (1/17/19) 158.6
  • mistymeadows2005
    Nice drop darling! Who doesn't love a good whoosh!?!?! You're rockin' and rollin'! Take PICS of that salmon! *drools*
  • volgirl1322
    WOW that is a huge woosh cfor you ….totally awesome...…..I am hoping for the same tomorrow.....
  • Whoa! Thats awesome! Kutgw!
  • jadeblue14
    I failed you all. No pictures of the salmon because I inhaled it. But it was delicious! Jason also won't eat salmon skin, so I get his too which makes me extra happy. I also had some cheese and sopprasetta to get me up to about 1100 cals. All of the low cals this week has been in preparation for tonight.
    I run a dungeons and dragons game, and tonight we are doing potluck tacos and I am so excited for them. I've been looking forward to the food almost as much as I have been to playing! I also have some fancy cheeses I bought at Costco for us to snack on. We're classy and nerds!
    This week has been really good to me. I got on the scale this morning and saw 157.6! So I'm only .6 pounds away from pre holiday weight, and then 4 pounds after that to before I fell of the wagon in October. Today's kind of the first day where the new losses felt real, if that makeks sense. Skinny jeans I bought on Monday that were tight when I tried them on fit today!
    I had hit 159.6 last Saturday, so that's a 2 pound loss for the week. But I had gone back up for 161.4 on Sunday so the loss feels even bigger.

Current weight (1/18/19) 157.6
  • mistymeadows2005
    That's HUGE babe! AWESOME!

That game night sounds like such a blast...I'm a game nerd myself...watch yo'self, I might show up!

(and tacos...because....tacos! LOL)
  • volgirl1322
    OMG what amazing results...…..Have fun and enjoy those tacos!!!
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Nice loss for the week, have fun tonight!!! :)
  • jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,111 Member
    That's amazing! Have fun tonight!
  • katjustkat
    katjustkat Posts: 754 Member
    Meal service sounds great & fun & kinda cheap...man I never used to look at prices at the grocery store and since I've been using the self check out and it says the price out loud...I'm like woahhhhhh whattttt? 2.50$ for a tomato...never woulda thunk! Your weightloss is going greatttttt! o:)
  • jadeblue14
    Hey gang!
    Friday was awesome. Great food, great friends.
    Saturday I had an event for work. It was a beer and wine fundraising event. Which was also really fun, but that was the firs time I had drank in a while.
    Sunday I went to yoga, but didn't feel great. Wound up not sticking to one meal a day and eating chips and gauc. And then we got takeout from an Italian place for dinner. Not terrible calorie was, but the sodium was through the roof.
    I stayed home from work yesterday. I didn't sleep at all Sunday night and had a low grade fever. When I don't feel good, food is my comfort. So, more chips and gauc and my left overs.
    But, I am back to work today, drinking a lot of water. Still not feeling great but I am out of the house. I have plenty to do today to keep me busy. And now to work on getting that water weight off because it is super uncomfortable.

Current weight (1/22/19) 161.6
  • jadeblue14
    katjustkat wrote: »
    Meal service sounds great & fun & kinda cheap...man I never used to look at prices at the grocery store and since I've been using the self check out and it says the price out loud...I'm like woahhhhhh whattttt? 2.50$ for a tomato...never woulda thunk! Your weightloss is going greatttttt! o:)

Right? And I'm incapable of cooking for 2 people, so we were throwing so much stuff away. Definitely cost effective for us in the long run. If you ever want to try it, let me know and I'll set you up with a code for money off. No worries if not! But I had a friend do it for me so I'm all for passing along good karma.
    And thanks!
  • volgirl1322
    Glad you are back at it......hope you feel better...…
    Push that water it is a miracle against the dreaded sodium....
  • mistymeadows2005
    Sending well wishes - being sick is the WORST!