• trayborn114442
    trayborn114442 Posts: 57 Member
    1sphere wrote: »
    How can I avoid getting older?

I really wish I knew the secret.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    So, time is relative.

So depending on our position and speed, time can appear to move faster or slower to us relative to others in a different part of space-time. And for astronauts on the International Space Station, that means they get to age just a tiny bit slower than people on Earth.

The phenomenon is called "gravitational time dilation." In a nutshell it just means time moves slower as gravity increases.
    That's why time passes slower for objects closer to the center of the Earth where the gravity is stronger.

There is also something called "relative velocity time dilation" where time moves slower as you move faster.

Time gets even more complicated because gravitational time dilation and relative velocity time dilation can happen at the same time. A good way to think about it is to consider the astronauts living on the International Space Station.

They're floating about 260 miles above, where Earth's gravitational pull is weaker than it is at the surface. That means time should speed up for them relative to people on the ground. But the space station is also whizzing around Earth at about nearly five miles per second.

That means time should also slow down for the astronauts relative to people on the surface.

You'd think that might even out, but actually their velocity time dilation has a bigger effect than their gravitational time dilation, so astronauts end up aging slower than people on Earth.

So the next time you find yourself wishing the weekend would last longer, stay low to the ground and move really fast. It won't feel like your weekend got any longer, but technically you may gain a teeny, tiny fraction of a fraction of a second.

https://www.businessinsider.com/do-astronauts-age-slower-than-people-on-earth-2015-8
  • Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    Make sure you are born to parents that have good genetics so at least you won't look older as you age.
  • HappilyDistracted
    HappilyDistracted Posts: 1,700 Member
    Find fountain of youth and start drinking
  • HappilyDistracted
    HappilyDistracted Posts: 1,700 Member
    Or if no fountain of youth, drink booze until you think you look younger 😏
  • amorfati601070
    amorfati601070 Posts: 2,861 Member
    ndjdcb3ke92l.jpeg
  • Den_of_Iniquity
    Den_of_Iniquity Posts: 424 Member
    Eat souls of the innocent to maintain your youth