Did anyone lose consistently and not plateau?

Options
Just curious—for those who have lost weight/made it to their goal weight... has anyone done it where they have lost weight fairly consistently week after week and not hit a plateau?

Replies

• pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    Depends on how you define plateau. If you mean 4-6 weeks with no loss despite consistent logging and a calorie deficit, then no, not in my 50 pounds lost.

However, there were plenty of times I didn't lose from week to week, and other stretches where I purposely ate at maintenance for a period of time and didn't lose.
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    For my last 10 I would see the scale move about every three weeks. Loss was easily masked by normal fluctuations. But, as Pinup said, that’s not a plateau. It’s normal for the scale to not show losses every week.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    kami3006 wrote: »
    For my last 10 I would see the scale move about every three weeks. Loss was easily masked by normal fluctuations. But, as Pinup said, that’s not a plateau. It’s normal for the scale to not show losses every week.

I'd go crazy at this point without Libra. It's very comforting to see my weight trend holding steady at .5 per week despite the daily fluctuations.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Unless I deliberately took a diet break (which I did several times during my weight loss phase) I loss exactly as expected week to week.
  • Silent_Soliloquy
    Silent_Soliloquy Posts: 237 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    My 30 lbs had one "near plateau when I had type A flu for 10 days.

And this last week I fasted last thurs/fri/sat to make weight... then went on a drinking binge ... but im trending correctly again now.

But with consistent diet, I have seen consistently losses:

og6h7s0jzm17.jpg