How do you work out your macros for weight loss?? Help

Ive no idea where to start with working out what mt macros sholluld be to loose the desired weight ??
Thanks

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,940 Member
    The default macros on this site are 50%C 30%F 20%P.

They're fine. Protein is really the biggie. Look at protein and fats as minimum goals to hit.

General good info from the Stickies:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/819055/setting-your-calorie-and-macro-targets/p1
  • Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    i don't. i eat at a calorie deficit (i eat what MFP recommends based on my info). all that matters for weight loss is calories.

macros i use the default. I ensure i get lots of protein and that i'm not too low in fat (i eat for volume so i tend towards foods lower in fat but fat is important so I now ensure i get sufficient fat).
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Calories matter for weight loss.

Macros matter for satiety, health, and body composition.

The default macros are fine. Hit your protein and fat goals (many view them as minimums) and let carbs fall where they may.

Adjust as you need to in order to meet your goals in a way that makes adherence to your plan easier.
  • zeejane03
    zeejane03 Posts: 993 Member
    Calories, and creating the correct calorie deficit for your weight management goals, is what matters. Macros ratios is more for personal preference and then they may come into play for those working towards certain fitness goals.