Night shift worker

lissacollins1uc
lissacollins1uc Posts: 6 Member
I’m new so still trying to get the hang of this. My go to is peeled hard boiled eggs or Bulletproof coffee ( or you can add butter and MCT oil to regular coffee). My appetite is gone for hours! I know there is little time to eat at work so this is quick. I also have fat bombs in my freezer always ready to go!

Replies

• bluebudman55
    bluebudman55 Posts: 1 Member
    Glad to see that there other night workers. I actually work shift work so I'm back and forth between days and nights. The worst part is trying to stay on a schedule, both with my meals and exercise.
    My question to you is, what is a Fat Bomb?
  • lissacollins1uc
    lissacollins1uc Posts: 6 Member
    I learned this watching You Tube and finding out what people are eating. My goal is 5% carbs
    20% protein & 75% fat. I had trace ketones day 4 but no weight loss. Also I hate to cook.
    It is very difficult to actually eat fat & protein for me.

A fat Bomb is like your dessert. The treat you really miss. There are several recipes out there esp on Reddit. I miss chocolate so I just add my protein powder and MCT powder and it really pushed my ketones up. How are you managing?
  • Keto_Vampire
    Keto_Vampire Posts: 1,670 Member
    Rotating shifts are waaaay harder vs. consistent night shift (myself). I've pretty much just adapted to subsiding off of caffeine & fluids early in the shift & just prefer eating real food post shift (more satisfying; others will do simple stuff like protein shakes, various convenience foods/bars, fruit, etc.). I'm on my feet 12+ hours/night & I find not eating solids (esp. slow digesting stuff, fat rich) will allow me to keep pace & remain alert