Comments:

Replies

• poeciliareticulata
    poeciliareticulata Posts: 110 Member
    Challenge Start Weight: 134
    Challenge Goal: 130 and 5k

Week 1: 134
    Week 2: 133 and 4.0km (30 mins)

Positive thought: Two weeks without any exercise is OK.
    Healthy snack or meal: I roasted some aubergine and courgette with shallots and red pepper and some dried herbs, and then used it in my packed lunches during the week. Worked really well and meant a bit more variety than usual.
    Best workout: Ran 4.0km in 30mins
    Water challenge: I didn’t actively participate in this one because I already drink plenty of fluids throughout the day, it’s not a goal I struggle to hit.

Comments: Kid got ill and I didn’t leave the house for 3 days. Really hard to do anything other than eat at maintenance, but I am a pound down, probably cycle related.
  • cxwhit3
    cxwhit3 Posts: 293 Member
    Challenge Start Weight: 176.4
    Challenge Goal: 160

Week 1: 174.9
    Week 2: 175.4

A positive thought for the week: fluctuations are just water weight - just keep going
    Healthy snack or meal: ate fish twice this week.
    Best workout this week: none
    Water Challenge results: two days I think I got all the way to eight but mostly I was just more aware and snuck some extra water in. I think I average about 5. I know that 8 really does make a difference.

Comments: Everybody have a great week!
  • bettina8037
    bettina8037 Posts: 34 Member
    Challenge Start Weight: 130
    Challenge Goal: 120ish

Week 1: 128
    Week 2: 128

A positive thought for the week: water fluctuations are normal and my trend is still downward. Good daily practices will pay off over time.
    Healthy snack or meal: veggie soup with miso, tofu, and plain greek yogurt.
    Best workout this week: core and arm strength day
    Water Challenge results: around 120oz day

Comments: trying not to drive myself crazy with the scale slowing down significantly this month. I have to acknowledge that I can't expect the same losses I experienced in the first few months now that I'm smaller and fitter.
  • StayStrong19MFP
    StayStrong19MFP Posts: 30 Member
    Challenge Start Weight: 180.7
    Challenge Goal: 169.9

Week 1: 179.3
    Week 2: 178.4

A positive thought for the week: Stay strong!
    Healthy snack or meal: Almonds
    Best workout this week: 16,385 steps and strength training

Comments: I did get my calories up to a better range around 1200-1400. The scale bounced around the same one pound all week with a daily deficit of over 1000 most days. I'm hoping for a whoosh this week. :) I have a stressful week ahead and also trying to keep January completely dry so this will be a tough week.

Have a great one everyone!
  • StayStrong19MFP
    Typo on current weight but don't see an option to edit. Can a moderator delete my previous post please?

Week 2: 179.4

Comments: I did get my calories up to a better range around 1200-1400. The scale bounced around the same one pound all week with a daily deficit of over 1000 most days. I'm hoping for a whoosh this week. :) I have a stressful week ahead and also trying to keep January completely dry so this will be a tough week.

• Heather9033
    Heather9033 Posts: 18 Member
    Challenge Start Weight:222
    Challenge Goal:189

Week 1:222
    Week 2:217.6

A positive thought for the week:I can make smart food choices
    Healthy snack or meal:Grilled chicken with sauteed beet greens
    Best workout this week: More snow shoveling, did my parents driveway too!
    Water Challenge results:Did great M-F at work, the weekend only about 1/2.

Comments: I seem to do well if I pre plan meals and bring portion control lunches to work.
    I made my lunch and brought it to work all week and will like to continue this for the challenge.
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    SmithsonianEmpress Posts: 1,163 Member
    Challenge Start Weight: 138.9 lbs
    Challenge Goal: 133.0 lbs

Week 1: 139.6 lbs
    Week 2: 137.4 lbs

Going in the right directions. Yay for me! I meal prepped this weekend. (I’ll have to weigh the food as I eat it because I just put the food in the containers.) For two weeks straight I’ve lifted 3 days in the week. I’m impressed with myself. I hope to stay afloat this week. That is all.
  • Avetotustuus
    Avetotustuus Posts: 56 Member
    Starting weight: 156
    Week 1 Weight: 157.8
    Week 2 Weight: 156.2
    Goal weight: 145

Comments: I’ve been traveling all weekend so I’m actually relieved to see that there was no major weight gain, and the period bloat is going down. Now that I’m done traveling, I’m excited to have time to stick to my meal plan.
  • leonadixon
    leonadixon Posts: 479 Member
    Start Weight:200.8 (January 2018)
    Challenge Start Weight:196.0
    Challenge Goal Weight:186.0

Week 1: 194.2
    Week 2: 193.0

It' moving, yay! Still feeling super motivated. Just staying in calorie goal still, increasing veg intake and protein intake a little more mindfully. I can't incorporate any real exercise yet, but getting there!
  • cxwhit3
    edited January 2019
    Challenge Start Weight:222
    Challenge Goal:189

Week 1:222
    Week 2:217.6

A positive thought for the week:I can make smart food choices
    Healthy snack or meal:Grilled chicken with sauteed beet greens
    Best workout this week: More snow shoveling, did my parents driveway too!
    Water Challenge results:Did great M-F at work, the weekend only about 1/2.

Comments: I seem to do well if I pre plan meals and bring portion control lunches to work.
    I made my lunch and brought it to work all week and will like to continue this for the challenge.

Same here. Meal prep and bringing my own lunch/snacks helps me stay on track. Also helps my pocketbook. I try to get everything thing into my food log in the morning and just tweak as needed during the day. By the way, you are doing great!
  • cxwhit3
    Typo on current weight but don't see an option to edit. Can a moderator delete my previous post please?

The edit is the little gear in the upper right corner of your post. You have one hour from post time to complete any edits.
  • StayStrong19MFP
    cxwhit3 wrote: »

The edit is the little gear in the upper right corner of your post. You have one hour from post time to complete any edits.

Thanks! I looked and there was no edit option in the gear menu. I'm using the Android phone app so maybe there is a glitch on my end. I've noticed some other things missing that weren't when I was a member before. I may have to try reinstalling when I have more time because I can't always get on a computer.
  • taylorgardnerr
    taylorgardnerr Posts: 28 Member
    Challenge Start Weight: 129.4
    Challenge Goal: 115-120

Week 1: 127.4
    Week 2: 126.8

A positive thought for the week: The scale dropped down quite a bit towards the end of the week after getting a quick stomach bug. Recovered from that sickness and ready to start back in the gym and get back to myself! Hoping to say positive even though I know the scale will come back up due to water weight and stuff I lost during being sick!
    Healthy snack or meal: I made a ham to snack on throughout the week and incorporate in my meals!
    Best workout this week: Walking 4 miles a couple times this week in addition to gym time!
    Water Challenge results: I already drink tons and tons of water in a day so not really a goal set here!
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    SmithsonianEmpress Posts: 1,163 Member
    Challenge Start Weight: 129.4
    Challenge Goal: 115-120

Week 1: 127.4
    Week 2: 126.8

A positive thought for the week: The scale dropped down quite a bit towards the end of the week after getting a quick stomach bug. Recovered from that sickness and ready to start back in the gym and get back to myself! Hoping to say positive even though I know the scale will come back up due to water weight and stuff I lost during being sick!
    Healthy snack or meal: I made a ham to snack on throughout the week and incorporate in my meals!
    Best workout this week: Walking 4 miles a couple times this week in addition to gym time!
    Water Challenge results: I already drink tons and tons of water in a day so not really a goal set here!

How do you get in your tons and tons daily?
  • LZMiner
    LZMiner Posts: 300 Member
    edited January 2019
    Start Weight: 133 (1/1/19)
    Challenge Start Weight: 131.2
    Challenge Goal: 127

WEEK 1: 130.2
    WEEK 2: 131.2 (Say what???)

A positive thought: Slow and steady wins the race? I can be accountable!

I'm incredibly disappointed but I know I'm the culprit...I am going through a major upheaval at work and instead of drinking, I'm EATING---think chips, dip, Oreos, general snacks. I'm pissed at myself and need to just get back to basics.

A healthy snack/meal: Cottage cheese. HB egg. Quaker mini rice crisps. Fruit.

My most effective workout this week was: Clearly nothing, since I'm up a pound! Committing to doing Jazzercise 3X this week---went yesterday, so two to go!

Lisa
  • gesundundmunter
    gesundundmunter Posts: 210 Member
    Start Weight: 260.0 (Dec. 2013)
    Challenge Start Weight: 238.4
    Challenge Goal: 226
    Week 1: 238.0
    Week 2: 238.0

A positive thought: Lowest last week was 237.2 on 2 days.
    A healthy snack/meal: Beef tacos with sour cream, spinach, and cherry tomatoes.
    My most effective workout this week was: Ballet/aerobic workout and body cycle.

Comment: I weigh everyday so that I have something to show even when the scale shows the same or more at weigh-in. Watching those fluctuations, I try to figure out what works. I find it hard to stick to calorie limit (and especially with MFP lowering it on its own on 2 days) unless I work out or have something exciting going on.
  • lwh99
    lwh99 Posts: 14 Member
    Start Weight: 173 lb.
    Challenge Start Weight: 171 lb.
    Challenge Goal: 155 lb.

Week 1: 170 lb.
    Week 2: 168 lb.

A positive thought: “Be grateful for what you already have while you pursue your goals.
    If you aren’t grateful for what you already have, what makes you think you would be happy with more.” Roy T. Bennett, The Light in the Heart

A healthy snack/meal: Eggplant Parmesan (17-Day Diet version) Recipe

My most effective workout this week was: Reformer Pilates - I'm still loving it! Go almost everyday.

Note: I finally figured out that there is a new URL each week. DUH!
  • lwh99
    lwh99 Posts: 14 Member
    That recipe link should have been this
  • arameni
    arameni Posts: 105 Member
    Challenge Start Weight: 130
    Challenge Goal: 125

Week 1: 132.2
    Week 2: 132.2

A positive thought for the week: Thanks for the support last week, y'all! I did eventually catch up with (most of) my paperwork!
    Healthy snack or meal: Black coffee instead of adding sweetened creamer to it.
    Best workout this week: walking dog~
    Water Challenge results: did not participate

Comments:
    I guess I'm glad I didn't gain! I've had a harder time logging consistently since reaching 135 pounds. Ordered some spanx tights, hoping they fit and are gorgeous~