Hangover food

2»

Replies

• Cassandraw3
    Cassandraw3 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Saltines if it is really bad. Otherwise, tacos.
  • cmhubbard92
    cmhubbard92 Posts: 5,018 Member
    lays potato chips and lots of water.

Edit: Must be plains lays for some reason....

A tip: Drink plenty of water while drinking and prevent hangovers all together. For every drink you have, you should have 1 glass of water. Since making sure to hydrate while I drink, I haven't had a hangover since.

I second this. It took me forever to realize that water is the lifesaver when it comes to drinking.
    Also, if I think I haven't had enough water with a few drinks, I take a Tylenol or Ibuprofen before I head to bed, and while my tummy may not always agree in the morning, my head thanks me!

As for "healthy hangover food" I really don't have a good suggestion... I used to make bacon, egg and cheese bagels, or hit McDonald's for a sausage biscuit. Both are yummy, and probably around 500 calories...
  • cougargirl1025
    cougargirl1025 Posts: 80 Member
    Menudo all the way.
  • shrinkingletters
    shrinkingletters Posts: 1,008 Member
    Tomato juice, ginger tea, eggs and plain toast. Sometimes a pickle :)
  • katwes1
    katwes1 Posts: 0 Member
    Scrambled egg!
  • jaimie1911
    jaimie1911 Posts: 1 Member
    Gatorade and a bacon egg & cheese on a hard roll.
  • VirginiaJ86
    VirginiaJ86 Posts: 1 Member
    A Vietnamese soda chanh muoi made with salted preserved lemons always clears mine right up. High in sodium but does the trick and rehydrates you. Sometimes I pair that with a bowl of pho (beef, veggie or chicken as your food preferences dictate). I've never met a hangover that lasts after that.
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    A tip: Drink plenty of water while drinking and prevent hangovers all together. For every drink you have, you should have 1 glass of water. Since making sure to hydrate while I drink, I haven't had a hangover since.

This. No hangovers if I drink enough water during the drinking session.

• kaylanizmom
    kaylanizmom Posts: 7 Member
    Tacos
  • Tylerbruce30
    Tylerbruce30 Posts: 10 Member
    Lol a liver cleanse
  • Tylerbruce30
    Tylerbruce30 Posts: 10 Member
    Best trick when your out is to drink hard alcohol without pop or soda try switching to mixing with water or have a glass of water for every drink you have when your out so you don’t get so dehydrated watch this video about fasting it actually shows you near the end how alcohol is digested if my link works lol. https://youtu.be/LLVf3d0rqqY
  • Boomshakalaka01
    Boomshakalaka01 Posts: 65 Member
    Water, Aleve, more water, a shower, toast and tea. lol
  • cannedgoo
    cannedgoo Posts: 72 Member
    smolmaus wrote: »
    "Fried rice" with cauliflower rice. When I'm hungover I need to eat and I can get a lot of volume and not do too much damage that way. Soy sauce is salty, add some birds eye chilli for spicy, bit of sesame oil for some fat and deliciousness. Usually do it with shredded brussel sprouts, leftover chicken and an egg.

My last hangover (like a week and a half ago) led to my buddy making that exact cauliflower dish for me. He added a little bit of lime juice as well, no extra veggies or proteins in it. It was super delicious and 100% recommend.
    I also like the blue powerades and a sausage McGriddle for hangovers.
  • Mollyeverino
    Mollyeverino Posts: 22 Member
    Fruit! Watermelon is the best but I always crave fruit when I’m hungover. Water usually makes me throw up so this is how I hydrate. And then once im done with fruit I usually like pancakes or breakfast tacos (Chorizo and potato on corn w/ white cheese, Barbacoa or just a simple quesadilla taco) and a Mexican Coke 😋
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    Congee w/ lots of hot sauce