Looking for friends who don't eat "clean" and healthy

Replies

• Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    It looks amazing!!! Was that for Christmas, or recently?

Recently; in fact, I made these just this morning, and just had to show you how great they turned out! :smiley:

Yum! Think it would survive shipping?!? 😆

Do you think you'd still want to eat it six months from now? Because that's about the dependability of our mail service... :D
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    we had chicken and waffles for dinner the other night.

i find a weird, passive aggressive joy in mentioning that on my timeline, mainly towards those 'friends' i have that i know only eat a very limited and boring diet of the same thing every day.
  • twdlove89
    twdlove89 Posts: 95 Member
    I love my weekly takeaway with my hubby.
    Last week we made a homemade curry as a change and then ended up ordering in desserts 🤣 I had 2cornflake tarts and custard and a choc fudge cake and custard 🤣 I save calories so I can do this and it’s working for me lol this week to save on cash we are just gonna buy our sweet treats but I’m not gonna look to much into the calories lol I work out big time during the week and I love desserts so it keeps me sane
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,443 Member
    twdlove89 wrote: »
    I love my weekly takeaway with my hubby.
    Last week we made a homemade curry as a change and then ended up ordering in desserts 🤣 I had 2cornflake tarts and custard and a choc fudge cake and custard 🤣 I save calories so I can do this and it’s working for me lol this week to save on cash we are just gonna buy our sweet treats but I’m not gonna look to much into the calories lol I work out big time during the week and I love desserts so it keeps me sane

Next time we need photos of this deliciousness! ;)
  • redfish33
    redfish33 Posts: 6 Member
    I'm late to the party, but I'm with you. I like to eat healthy most of the time, but I'm not above snacking on cakes/candies/ice cream, etc. With 2 kids, you can't deny treats ALL the time! Besides, I'm trying to teach them that eating mostly healthy, with allowing a few splurges is a way of life that can be maintained. I mean, how many of us ate healthy all the way through college, right?
  • debrakgoogins
    debrakgoogins Posts: 2,034 Member
    My eating can be called muddy.
  • quiksylver296
    My eating can be called muddy.

This made me :laugh:

Muddy bears?
    Muddy buddies?
  • debrakgoogins

Muddy bears?
    Muddy buddies?

Mudslides would be more like it.
  • Crafty_camper123
    Crafty_camper123 Posts: 1,440 Member

Muddy bears?
    Muddy buddies?

One of those sounds amazing... I made Nutella mudslides this weekend.. and OMG. Might hafta post one of those in the "if it didnt have calories thread"... They are good. Too good.
  • quiksylver296

Muddy bears?
    Muddy buddies?

I like how you think. Kahlua mudslides, I'm assuming?
  • debrakgoogins
    @quiksylver296 The best one I've had was with Kahlua, Baileys, coffee liquor and vodka. MmmmMmmm
  • quiksylver296
    @quiksylver296 The best one I've had was with Kahlua, Baileys, coffee liquor and vodka. MmmmMmmm

I'm in!
  • quiksylver296
    My lunch today, chicken thigh off the smoker and zucchini. Uh oh, healthy eating! :laugh:

34855694uux3.jpg

Zucchini is so good!
  • Jelly8035
    Jelly8035 Posts: 12 Member
    Hi. I have a gluten free child and 1 with adhd. She would eat nothing but jello if I let her.... and today I let her take 4jello cups to school for lunch. It's better than her not eating, which she does often due to meds. I've found because my gluten free child is sad she can't have what the other kids do at school sometimes I use tiny cookie cutters and cut fruit and veggies and GF pb n j for her. It makes my other kids want to eat it too cause its snack size. I'm trying to be healthier, so I'm making better choices at the store... but yeah, I'm not going to cut out whole food groups, I'm just adjusting things like more good carbs, little higher protein, gluten free pasta. My gf child loves to bake, so we enjoy her treats... mostly... some were epic fails but good learning lol. Good luck, pay no mind to haters, they gonna hate no matter what you do.
    On that note, I actually had people on my Facebook hating cause I professed that I quit soda. I couldn't believe it. I do feel better, but I'm not knocking anyone. Drink it if you want, whatever lol.
  • twdlove89
    twdlove89 Posts: 95 Member
    Next time we need photos of this deliciousness! ;) [/quote]

I will post pics on Friday 😁 still haven’t decided what I’m having, so excited
  • debrakgoogins
    Jelly8035 wrote: »
    sometimes I use tiny cookie cutters and cut fruit and veggies and GF pb n j for her.

I'm suprised the school still allows peanut butter. None of the schools here allow it.
  • OneRatGirl
    OneRatGirl Posts: 124 Member
    I've found my people! I feel so at home here!

I do try and eat veg and fruit, I even love both, but I have chronic pain, fatigue, depression, right now I'm more worried about my calories than worrying constantly about what I'm eating too. Had kettle chips, maple bacon flavour this afternoon. Delicious.

Hello to all of you!
  • quiksylver296
    OneRatGirl wrote: »
    I've found my people! I feel so at home here!

I do try and eat veg and fruit, I even love both, but I have chronic pain, fatigue, depression, right now I'm more worried about my calories than worrying constantly about what I'm eating too. Had kettle chips, maple bacon flavour this afternoon. Delicious.

Hello to all of you!

Hi! Welcome to the fun people. ;)