Introductions

Replies

• FoxyMaple7
    FoxyMaple7 Posts: 3 Member
    Hey there everyone. I am back at it again with MFP. I feel like I have been on and off this wagon so many times it is pointless but I want to get healthy again. I recently moved across the country and am stating fresh.
  • Mrs_butler18
    Mrs_butler18 Posts: 5 Member
    Hey everyone my name is nicolette but I go by Nikki. I am a mom of 4 two girls and two boys ages 9, 6, 4 and 2. They keep me really busy that I dont have time to work out. But after I weight myself the other day I was like nope I need to change my CW is 172 and my WG is 150. I need some friend to help me on this path.
  • Lizzymaep
    Lizzymaep Posts: 24 Member
    edited January 2019
    Mama of two: almost 3y old and a 7.5m old. Trying to lose 55 more pounds. Need some fellow mama friends for support!
  • gimmekimchee_x
    gimmekimchee_x Posts: 24 Member
    Hello, I'm new to the group, started using MFP about 2 weeks ago even though its been on my phone for months lol

I am 39 and I have 2 kids they are 13 and 10 so its probably about time I stopped blaming them for my excess weight lol. I'm a working mom, X-Ray Tech, I want to lose about 40-50 pounds, just started going back to the gym last week and my 13 yo daughter is my gym buddy. My plan is to do a low-carb diet with exercise and eventually get into a keto diet if I can.

Feel free to add me, I don't have many friends on MFP cuz I'm a newbie, but I'll comment and support anyone who does the same! Nice to meet you all :)
  • haileyshenanigans
    haileyshenanigans Posts: 3 Member
    Hi, I'm Hailey and I just joined MFP for the third time. I gave birth to my beautiful rainbow baby in November and I haven't lost a single pound of pregnancy weight. I am ready to lose it and be healthy for my baby girl. I don't have many friends on here, so feel free to add me. Any encouragement or support is welcome!
  • meganpettigrew86
    meganpettigrew86 Posts: 349 Member
    Hi I'm a mum of a 3month girl and a 5yr old girl. Gained loads of weight during pregnancy weighed 95kg at the end. I'm currently 74.3kg my aim is 57kg-60kg. I'm addicted to carbs none are safe.
  • Hi everyone! I am not a biological mom, but I'm raising my 5 year-old nephew. Over the past 2 years of doing this, I have realized just how difficult it can be to juggle parenting with weight loss/fitness ; ). I am at my heaviest now, almost 210. I would like to be around 150. I have watched my weight climb for the last 12 years, and I'm DONE! I've got too much to live for! Also, I am looking for new friends so feel free to add me! :)
  • Hi I'm a mum of a 3month girl and a 5yr old girl. Gained loads of weight during pregnancy weighed 95kg at the end. I'm currently 74.3kg my aim is 57kg-60kg. I'm addicted to carbs none are safe.
    I totally get you on the carbs..It's a serious struggle!!

• SarahsBestLife
    SarahsBestLife Posts: 10 Member
    Hi. I'm new to the group, but not to MFP. I've yet to make it work, and I'm not sure why. I'm working on that, but I realised tonight that I need to do this, if for no other reason than I'm sick of being big, feeling uncomfortable. I have four children, aged 12, 11, 9, 8. My oldest is about to turn 13, and I'm aware of the habits I am passing on to her, and the disconnect between what I am saying and what I am doing. I want to do the right things, and feel good about myself.
  • Colsonal92
    Colsonal92 Posts: 6 Member
    Hi, y'all! My name is Amber. I'm 26(almost 27 ). I'm a mom of 3(5yo and twin 9m olds). I've always been on the bigger size. I NEED to lose weight, BAD! I weigh 250lbs (eeek!)... I want to get down to 180lbs. If you have any tips/help or know of a good workout plan for at home, i'll definitaly take all the help and knowledge.
  • lawmomathome
    lawmomathome Posts: 751 Member
    Hi all, I'm Jennifer. About to turn 55 and mom to 2 teenagers. I homeschool and I am with them all day while they eat, and eat and eat. Clearly I don't have the same metabolism they do. I joined mfp last spring and lost about 9 lbs over the summer. But I put it all back on plus a little more last fall. Started again Dec 27. Would love to have some moms to share the journey with.
  • wildmamatiger
    wildmamatiger Posts: 37 Member
    Hi Jennifer! I have littles (2yo and 7yo) and it is so tough to not finish the meals "we've paid good money for" that they leave on their plates.
    I'm using MFP as a way to keep me accountable to not finish EVERYONE'S dinner. :-)
  • anapplefortheteacher
    anapplefortheteacher Posts: 69 Member
    I have gained and lost many pounds over the years. Now that I'm a mom my motivation has changes and I want to get healthy for my son. I'm here to cheer you on, get motivated, and make it happen!
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,928 Member
    edited May 2020
    Hi! Im Katie.

I have 2 kids, a 34 month old boy and a 15 month old girl. I lost the baby weight easily after my oldest but haven't dropped a pound from the day I gave birth to my second. Every time I tried I lost my breastmilk instead. I weaned her a few days ago so now I'm here and losing weight. Ideally I'd like to lose 10 to 15 by July 20 (return to work) but overall I want to lose 20 lb. We are debating between a 3rd child... and can't seem to settle on a decision. Some days I want the excitement of another. But some days I'm just too tired and don't feel like I'm doing a good enough job with the 2 I have (too much tv). I also don't like being pregnant at all despite smooth pregnancies. I feel very uncomfortable in my skin. But I digress.

I am 31, married and live in Canada. Looking for an active group to do this with. It really helps keep me motivated to read about how others are doing.

In 2016 I started an mfp group called Planning for Pregnancy. I have a Google Spreadsheet that ladies were using to track their progress but it has gotten really quiet since I had my second baby. There is really only one other active member and I'm the only one using the spreadsheet... i feel lonely in there. Would anyone like to join it?

Here is the link... use the "sign up" tab to put you starting info... and the "logging" tab to keep track beside your name. There are little progress meters too in another tab lol. I clear the spreadsheet at the start of each month so just sign up any time.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/176VoQo1O354WMX5V56uvjDdxFLFOC_gw_NEmArQ0-FY/edit?usp=drivesdk
  • freshstart180213
    freshstart180213 Posts: 170 Member
    Hi all I'm Julie I have three kids 9, 8 and almost 4 and not gonna lie lockdown has been so hard I have Crohn's which makes life trickier so I'm trying to lose a stone as I'm not really too overweight but if I don't do something now I will easily put on a lot more it's too easy to snack with us all indoors and not being active as I am a moderate risk and therefore have been indoors a lot
  • ashtonmcguire2702
    ashtonmcguire2702 Posts: 14 Member
    My name is Ashton. I'm 31 abs have a 5 year old son. I've been doing workout videos on YouTube for at least two years, last year was really on and off. This year I've been doing better. I've recently started running again. Im currently off social media, no Instagram or Facebook. I just can't handle all the negativity so I decided to give MFP another go. I need the motivation and positivity!
  • RunionX4
    RunionX4 Posts: 190 Member
    Hi ladies. My name is Angie. I'm from Kentucky. I've been married to my best friend for almost 19 years. I have an 18 year old son and an almost 8 year old daughter. I work in a very busy vet clinic for 10 - 12 hours a day. I joined a coed softball team for the first time a couple weeks ago so between work, my practices and games and my daughter's softball practices and games I am a very busy mom. I end up eating very late at night and not much during the day. I am struggling with my eating habits and my energy level along with my weight. My ultimate goal is to lose 50 lbs but short term goals are to lose 10 lbs and get into some better habits.
  • hevans05
    hevans05 Posts: 13 Member
    Returning to MFP after having my first child in December. I lost some of the baby weight initially, then the 4 month sleep regression hit and it destroyed me, my appetite, and my weight. The stress of being a new parent during the pandemic has also made it difficult. I am an emotional/stress eater, and worrying about the health of my baby and family has taken it's toll on my mental health. I'm hopeful though and know that the best thing I can do for my child is take care of myself. I am 33 years old, currently weigh 233 with a goal weight of 175. Feel free to add me if you'd like to share your journey!
  • amberatkinsagain
    amberatkinsagain Posts: 22 Member
    Hi Everyone!

Starting MFP again. I lost a good amount of weight to have a baby. I had our beautiful girl in March of 2020. Thanks to postpartum and pandemic, I've gained it back and then some.

Looking for friends and motivators!

Best wishes to you all 💪
  • justtodayjen333
    justtodayjen333 Posts: 142 Member
    Hi everyone,
    My name is Jen, working mom of three kids (ages 19, 16, and 12). As I get closer to 50 and am feeling the aches and pains of my late 40's, I'm here to manage my weight in order to support my body and health. Honestly, I want to lose weight because I want to manage my life differently. I've been a person who overworks and then my only entertainment and relaxation is food, eating, and dining out. My goal is to manage my life and stress in new ways other than food. My goal is to lose and maintain the loss, even with life's continued changes. That's why I'm here. I'm looking to participate on MFP to have conversations, to connect with like minded people of all ages. Please add me if you would like to connect. All the best!