Is this bar ok for keto?

Says carbs 17g of which polyols 14g... any thoughts?

Replies

• Kpk do you overeat very dark choc too 85% ? Thanks for replying and yes my tummy hurts!
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    If I'm in the "wrong mood", I'll over eat 100% cocoa bars so yes, I overeat 85%. We're all different.
  • Oh no I’m like you kpk 54!
  • I am just the same if I’m in the wrong mood, and I can overeat any carb even seeded bread - this feels like a confessional
  • KristinLeeD
    KristinLeeD Posts: 218 Member
    It depends on what kind of Keto you are following and if you are strict in your approach. When I first started and I had much more to lose, I would count net carbs on avocado and leafy green vegetables. For everything else, I would count all the carbs.
    Some people find that having food with that much artificial stuff in it hinders their progress - or their progress is not as fast. Now, I could eat something like this and be okay, but I am close to my goal. In the beginning, it would have slowed down my progress too much for me and I would get discouraged.
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    These bars and low carb treats were tough for me to control too. I would eat the whole box when I bought them so I stopped bringing them home. This was four years ago when all they had was Atkins products available and most were like eating candy bars, for me.
  • IronGiant0
    IronGiant0 Posts: 48 Member
    17g. One bar is the whole day if you're strict Keto.
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,948 Member
    With the exception of erythritol and xylitol, polyols are actually partially digested, so you'd probably do better counting half of them.
  • KarlaYP wrote: »
    These bars and low carb treats were tough for me to control too. I would eat the whole box when I bought them so I stopped bringing them home. This was four years ago when all they had was Atkins products available and most were like eating candy bars, for me.

Well today I had it and let’s be thank ful I only bright one I went search for more goodies after! Isn’t is strange how some people can be satiated but for others certain foods trigger the appetite
  • baconslave wrote: »
    With the exception of erythritol and xylitol, polyols are actually partially digested, so you'd probably do better counting half of them.

Interesting thanks
  • IronGiant0 wrote: »
    IronGiant0 wrote: »

Hmm I’m not sure I’m strict enough!
  • It depends on what kind of Keto you are following and if you are strict in your approach. When I first started and I had much more to lose, I would count net carbs on avocado and leafy green vegetables. For everything else, I would count all the carbs.
    Some people find that having food with that much artificial stuff in it hinders their progress - or their progress is not as fast. Now, I could eat something like this and be okay, but I am close to my goal. In the beginning, it would have slowed down my progress too much for me and I would get discouraged.

Thanks I really appreciate this. I don’t think it will hunger my weight loss progress but it did seem to make me want more .....

My main goal with keto (which I haven’t actually stuck to strictly yet) was to improve mood - that will improve my weight. I have noticed in the past when I have been enforced to fast (pre operation/ bloood test) although v hard I had a mood lift- likely many variables here but I have wondered if it was the ketosis at play. Seeing as I can only fast for medical reasons self discipline is not strong enoughD kept us my second option.