January Week 3 Discussion

How is everyone doing?

In the last 8 days I have gone from
135.2 > 133.2 lbs.

1200 to 1400 calories a day. 1 to 2 hrs of walking slowly per day. And on my feet all day with small children.

GW 110 lbs. At 5'4". 20 something.

Today has been rough. I want to see results and a week feels like forever. But 2 lbs a week is great so I will stick in there for another 7 days and see if I lose another 2 lbs making it 4 lbs total. Would be nice if my clothes would start to fit different but not yet. I think about food all of the time. I am learning how to eat better each day and making smarter choices since I really want to avoid being hungry all of the time eating junk food. Like skipping jam, oil, butter, sugar, mayo. And focus more on whole foods and protien. I drink a lot of green tea in the evenings to stave off hunger. My husband is supportive but naturally very thin so doesnt understand what its like. All together I feel better and am eating how I want to eat.

Replies

• nbrady001
    nbrady001 Posts: 60 Member
    Well I woke up amd weigh 133.8 for the second day in a row but still doing great and following calorie goals. Lets get another day done. Hope i can do better today. Looks like if I dont stick firmly to 1200 the weight doesnt melt off as fast.
  • nbrady001
    Have made it down to 132.2 lb. Slowly getting the job done. I ran 1 mile last night on incline 3 percent. 1200 calories and lots of green tea. Feeling great and really starting to feel and look different in only a week and a half. But 4 lbs is a lot for my body frame. When you start to get into the 130's and lower people really start to show their weight loss. I have been eating mostly seafood, rice and steamed vegggies for my main meals. Yogurt, protien bars and salad for snacks.
  • nbrady001
    edited January 2019
    Still doing well. Sticking on diet. Going for walks and getting better at running a little. Bought a pair of size 3 shorts today to help me reach my goals and take before pictures. I think I am a size 6 right now. All is well patience and a lot of telling myself no and it is working day by day. Eating healthy is getting easier each day and the craving for junk are going away. Most of my food is rice fish and plain veggies every day. It works for me. Just needed to get on here to remind myself why I am going to bed hungry.
  • nbrady001
    All is well and made it through another day. Had sushi for dinner but stuck to 10 pcs for 700 calories. It was so good. Walked for an hour and a half. Now time to relax. Walk or run a little and have a couple cups of green tea.
  • nbrady001
    Did well today. 1200 calories. Again hungry to bed but doing ok. Went to a fitness club today. Really liked it they even had daycare. I want to join. My dream is to work out with my husband someday but he shows zero interest in lifting anything but books. Maybe one day he will be motivated to get fit with me. I am feeling overwhelmed lately with work and the cloudy weather doesnt help my mood. But i know i will stick in there for better days. I have wanted this for so long and always made excuses but i cant do that forever. Have to figure out what the real problem is and fix it. For me jts portion control and healthy choices. Also would be nice to be stronger and have more muscle.
  • nbrady001
    Today 1200 calories. Going to bed hungry again. Drank a lot of water. Really wishing i would lose something this week for some reason its being stubborn the last 7 days. Another day done.
  • nbrady001
    Made it to 132.0 today yay! New goal is 131.0 this week. Cant wait to be out of the 30's. Thats 1.5 lbs a week. SW 135lb. CW 132 GW 110.
  • nbrady001
    Made it to 131.8! I seem to lose .2 lbs most days. Just eating clean. Veggies shrimp sushi rice and yogurt. Sometimes a protien bar. Its working well. I must have around a 500 calorie deficit everyday. I go to bed hungry every night though which is the only hard time i have.
  • BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,702 Member
    Sounds like you're making progress! Going to bed a little hungry every night is ok as long as you are meeting your daily calorie and nutrition goals. You sound determined but don't deprive yourself too much.

I know you say that you like what you're eating but vegetables don't have to be plain. Neither does rice or seafood. Seasonings help a lot! Of course, you need to be careful if you add sauces or condiments but you can season your food without adding a bunch of calories. Just my $0.02.
  • nbrady001
    Thank you. I do use condiments like eel sauce, siracha mayo, and pesto but only in tablespoons. A lot of my hunger at night comes from me eating all of my calories too early lol. Some days are better than most. If I get too hungry I will just grab a yogurt and drink a lot of water.Really the food I make is great but unfortunately seafood is spendy. Today went well 1200 calories now time for walking and green tea. Hope you are doing well on your goals as well. If you ever feel like quiting just tell yourself ok I want to give up but if I give up I will do it tomorrow. Then wah-la! By the next day you feel better and don't want to give up anymore.
  • nbrady001
    Well I gained a lb. I guess not every day can be linear. Thats ok. I will continue on and weight myself again in a couple days.
  • nbrady001
    Today is going well. Had fish cakes sushi rice veggies and a protien bar so far. Just have to hold on until dinner now. Finding healthy foods has been challenging. The more tired of being hungry i get the more picky i am aboit what i put in my body. I have cut so many condiments and sugar just because i want to eat more. Doesnt help that my time of the month is coming and the cravings are bad, i feel like a whale and the scale doesnt move. Bleh. I will be thankful to lose a lb a week at this rate. It feels good and i can def. Keep this up for a few more months. I am sure rinning is helping me gain muscle too. Doing 4 to 5 miles a week increasing speed and incline as i go. When i forst got my treadmill 6 months ago i could only run 6 minites incline 0 and i was dying. Now i can run a 12 minite mile incline 3 at 4.5 to 5.5 mph. My next goal is to run an 11 minute mile or 2 miles wothout stopping.
  • nbrady001
    I am hungry. But this is good. I ate salmon nigiri for dinner and it was good. Now some green tea and maybe a walk.
  • nbrady001
    edited February 2019
    Getting on here once again to remind myself why i am eating 1200 calories a day. I am hungry but thats ok. Yes i had pancakes and syrup today and that really didnt help but all is well and its another day down.
  • nbrady001
    I am hungry in bed so tired. Did well today though and stayed strong.
  • nbrady001
    I am down to 131.2 lb. So not much but still going down. Happy the scale is moving again.
  • nbrady001
    Well I went to 1400 calories today but feel hungry. My job is so active so thos is still a good limit for the day. Just green tea now.
  • nbrady001
    Down to 131.0. Still doing well. Had a piece of chocolate cake last night but didnt eat dinner and it was small. Doing well and still on track.
  • nbrady001
    Still doing well just hanging in there.
  • nbrady001
    Well I am up 2 lbs today but I know its not real weight and will still stick to my 1200 calories. It can feel pointless to keep going when the scale goes up I have to believe it is false and just keep myself in check.