Ryan's OMAD journey

Bearded_Beast2019
Bearded_Beast2019 Posts: 262 Member
edited January 2019 in Social Groups
SW:340
GW:250
NW:323

I started with IF on Jan 3rd 2019 I plan to move to keto in February. I have lost 17 lbs so far. I have done massive research on the IF lifestyle and I have applied it to my life. I would love to help anyone who is willing to listen and I would love to learn as well! I drink about a gallon and a half of water a day.

Replies

• jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,113 Member
    A warm welcome :)
    Congrats on your 17lbs loss.
  • Hello, congrats on the 17lbs. Keep going :0)
  • volgirl1322
    volgirl1322 Posts: 2,086 Member
    YAY you! That is great results so far. Looking forward to following your journey!
  • Bearded_Beast2019
    thank you! im so glad to actually be in a group of people who are doing the same thing as me and wont call me crazy lol
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Another welcome! Feel free to ask away, and share all your experiences! We're here to support you!!!
  • Bearded_Beast2019
    Thank you so much! how long have you been doing IF?
  • mistymeadows2005
    Eh off and on for likeeeee 7-8 years? It sorta follows my natural pattern of eating anyway...I've been doing "real" OMAD (OMAD as a solid plan) for about 2 years - lost 30 pounds right away and then got extremely sick..I've been off and on sick until right before the holidays last year. I attest the health to my bone broth, getting back on a fasting schedule, and some personal moves that were a long time coming LOL

Feel free to stalk my thread - the whole story is in there...I don't hold anything back and I'm an open book :)

ANYWHO I've got about 40 pounds 'til my "goal weight" - my goal RANGE is 135-140ish :)
  • Bearded_Beast2019
    awesome!! i cant wait to get a good read in from your thread! i want to start making my own bone broth. heard its reallllly healthy.
  • mistymeadows2005
    edited January 2019
    awesome!! i cant wait to get a good read in from your thread! i want to start making my own bone broth. heard its reallllly healthy.

IT IS! And the protein and goodies in it give you energy and keep you from having cravings (at least for me) - I often have it during the day and it doesn't seem to pull me out of fasting at all. PLUS it's yummy, and changes up the flavor from water/coffee/tea etc.

ALSO it's super easy to make - I just run down to my local butcher and ask for the most gelatinous stuff they have - this week was beef knuckles, the week before it was chicken necks, backs, and gizzards - they charge me like a buck a pound and I usually get like 4-6 pounds depending on what they have - I save all my onion skins and ends, celery ends, carrot tops and peelings etc and throw them in cheese cloth or a wire sieve, add a splash of apple cider vin (it helps pull the good stuff outta the bones) and let it simmer away - sometimes I'll throw them in the pressure cooker for a few hours first to break down the connective tissue extra. Strain it before bed, and it's good for the week :)

PS - if it's beef, lamb, mutton, or pork I roast the bones first
  • cqdejavu
    cqdejavu Posts: 8 Member
    17 in 20 days? That's awesome !!
  • Bearded_Beast2019
    @mistymeadows2005 Sweet! I'll have to find a butcher near me, I think we may have one at walmart haha. I may have to find an actual one because they may actually carry the stuff I need. J think walmart just gets it in slabs and cuts it up. Haha it's like a slop bucket for broth. That's awesome!!
  • volgirl1322
    So hungry right now......LOL
  • Bearded_Beast2019
    hahah! i got my black coffee to hold me over for a bit lol
  • Bearded_Beast2019
    weighed myself for fun yesterday and lost another 3 lbs lol! NW:320
  • mistymeadows2005
    edited January 2019
    weighed myself for fun yesterday and lost another 3 lbs lol! NW:320

NICE WORK! And yes, Walmart will not have what you need - I've tried, they refuse to bring anything in not already boned out and prepped :|:|:|

I had to find an ACTUAL butcher near me, but now they know me and they're awesome :)

PS *snorts* slop bucket for broth LMAO
  • Bearded_Beast2019
    haha yeah that was funny!! ill look into an actual butcher for sure!!!!!
  • Bearded_Beast2019

IT IS! And the protein and goodies in it give you energy and keep you from having cravings (at least for me) - I often have it during the day and it doesn't seem to pull me out of fasting at all. PLUS it's yummy, and changes up the flavor from water/coffee/tea etc.

ALSO it's super easy to make - I just run down to my local butcher and ask for the most gelatinous stuff they have - this week was beef knuckles, the week before it was chicken necks, backs, and gizzards - they charge me like a buck a pound and I usually get like 4-6 pounds depending on what they have - I save all my onion skins and ends, celery ends, carrot tops and peelings etc and throw them in cheese cloth or a wire sieve, add a splash of apple cider vin (it helps pull the good stuff outta the bones) and let it simmer away - sometimes I'll throw them in the pressure cooker for a few hours first to break down the connective tissue extra. Strain it before bed, and it's good for the week :)

how do I know how much I need?? I don't really know what to do with it haha!!
  • mistymeadows2005
    I use a 2 gallon stock pot and I get like 4-6 pounds of products - now the water will evaporate as it simmers away so you'll have to add more and by the time I strain it out, I usually get about 8 large cups of broth out of it - 1 for Sunday night and then 2/day-ish Mon-Weds (that's MY schedule LOL) - it varies week to week, so every once in a while I'll run out early but usually I have extra - sometimes if I have extra I'll freeze it in ice cube trays and then pop em out and put em in a ziploc to add to my pasta water or soups or whatever you need a lil boost of flavor over water :)

Hope that helps!
  • volgirl1322
    Just FYI Kroger doesn't carry it either....the actual butcher is the way to go......I have had luck with Publix on occasion (if you have one of those) but not consistently...….
  • Bearded_Beast2019
    i have a butcher like 30 mins from me but ill have to call them and see if they will give me a deal on it.