Daily calories are too much!! HELP!

1234568»

Replies

• CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    90% of the replies on this post are a dumpster fire of bad advice I can't blame her for not coming back :D

- Check your activity level setting
    - Use a food scale for everything
    - Shoot for the minimum 1200/day and work up from there

Aaaaaaaaand that about covers it! Best of luck, OP!

what do you think was the bad advice in these posts? she got a lot of good advice ad shoot for 1200 and work up from there? 1200 is too low for many people even to begin with.

If she's unwilling to go over 900 then telling her to start at 1600+ (where I think she should be) probably won't do well. But as far as bad advice the over and over mentions of starvation mode/metabolic confusion for starters.

she came here trying to lose weight, she didnt gain the weight eating less than 900 calories. she also said she isnt weighing everything she eats so she is probably eating more than 900 calories. she is over 200 lbs. she didnt get that way eating 900 or less. she stated she was eating more. many think they have to eat very little to lose weight. so maybe that is what she thought too. as for the starvation mode thing what about it? are you saying thats the bad advice? if so only a few stated that (less than 90%)
  • Jackie9003
    Jackie9003 Posts: 1,105 Member
    OP doesn't appear to have been back and there is so much misleading advice this thread is really pointless now, maybe a mod could turn it off?
  • Ssssss666666
    Ssssss666666 Posts: 560 Member
    Moderator step in. Surely
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,931 Member
    Jackie9003 wrote: »
    OP doesn't appear to have been back and there is so much misleading advice this thread is really pointless now, maybe a mod could turn it off?

OP was back on page 2.

Not sure why she needs to keep coming back after her question was answered and she acknowledged that.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    90% of the replies on this post are a dumpster fire of bad advice I can't blame her for not coming back :D

what do you think was the bad advice in these posts? she got a lot of good advice ad shoot for 1200 and work up from there? 1200 is too low for many people even to begin with.

Is it possible you're misreading @scribblemoma ? I took that post to be highlighting the good advice in those three bullet points and suggesting most of the rest (starvation mode, etc) was bad. And I don't think they're wrong.

thats why I was basically asking for clarification from her.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    ritzvin wrote: »

There's been a lot of good advice, but a large portion of the 8 pages has been newbs spouting diet myths.

oh yeah there was a lot of that.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Dude what do you want :D Of course she didn't get overweight eating 900 a day. Never said it and never would. I eat more than 1200. She SHOULD eat more than 1200. But if she wants to at least hit that and work her way up (and I hope she does hence my "work your way up from there" statement) that's better than staying at 900 or alternatively giving up.

I apologize if my math was off and it's not EXACTLY 90%...things like sarcasm go right through you I suppose? Why are you so confrontational to my reply specifically and not anything in the 7 pages prior :p

not being confontational at all. and I replied to others as well. and as for her not weighing everything its very possible she is also eating more than 900 calories as per some of her comments
  • Jackie9003
    Jackie9003 Posts: 1,105 Member
    @RAinWA fair point.