Volume Eaters Thread

Replies

• Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    edited January 2019
    My volumized oatmeal...

I love doing this trick. I use a small 100 calorie pack of oatmeal. Microwave first for one minute. This is how much it would be without the volumizing trick I do. This is a huge 6c soup bowl, way bigger than a standard sized bowl,
    op4dvn3l31ko.jpeg
    nb5uxf4n17gj.jpeg
    ksj0ifehvzio.jpeg

Then I add lots of water. qqkkgww93kd4.jpeg
    Make sure you use a big enough bowl so it doesn’t explode. Microwave for 3 more minutes after completely cooled (I stick in freezer).

Then add 1 teas xanthum gum, mix and put in the freezer again. I also add cinnamon, trivia and skinny mixes sugar free brown sugar cinnamon syrup.

Let it thicken and BAM hugeeeee bow, of <120 calorie oatmeal! You can even make bigger by adding more and microwaving more lol.

wnl8fm3ci61b.jpeg
    yhcsh0yctcin.jpeg
  • geiznekcm
    geiznekcm Posts: 1,357 Member
    Sallyw2004 wrote: »
    5vkds4mo7gkb.jpeg

I have to agree that the Caulipower pizzas are very good. The Cali’flour lite crusts are my favorite though. 160 for the whole crust! It’s way thinner than the Caulipower crust, but it’s got a fantastic texture and flavor if you cook it just right. It’s just the crust and you add your own toppings. There is cheese in the crust, so I don’t even use any as a topping, This one is half roasted peppers/ crimini mushrooms and half maple (sf Walden Farms) roasted butternut squash.

We love the Cali'flour crusts here!! And prefer them -- any flours or corn or grains or other ingredients of the sort do not agree with my body. So, the minimal ingredients in Cauli'flour are so admirable!! I only wish they were available here, in Maryland, in stores. We don't shop online often.

Speaking of online shopping,
    Can anyone offer any recommendations for the best places to purchase in terms of quality and cost?

Thank you xx
  • widgit808
    widgit808 Posts: 193 Member
    My volumized oatmeal...

I love doing this trick. I use a small 100 calorie pack of oatmeal. Microwave first for one minute. This is how much it would be without the volumizing trick I do. This is a huge 6c soup bowl, way bigger than a standard sized bowl,
    op4dvn3l31ko.jpeg
    nb5uxf4n17gj.jpeg
    ksj0ifehvzio.jpeg

Then I add lots of water. qqkkgww93kd4.jpeg
    Make sure you use a big enough bowl so it doesn’t explode. Microwave for 3 more minutes after completely cooled (I stick in freezer).

Then add 1 teas xanthum gum, mix and put in the freezer again. I also add cinnamon, trivia and skinny mixes sugar free brown sugar cinnamon syrup.

Let it thicken and BAM hugeeeee bow, of <120 calorie oatmeal! You can even make bigger by adding more and microwaving more lol.

wnl8fm3ci61b.jpeg
    yhcsh0yctcin.jpeg

@Noreenmarie1234 😯 brilliant...I'm definitely going to give this a try!
  • twdlove89
    twdlove89 Posts: 95 Member
    When I’m at home I snack for breakfast and lunch but at tea time I have a very large dinner and usually I have enough calories left over for a dessert.
    Tonight we are on a light veggie packed chicken korma, raita(homemade) and homemade naan breads (x2 is 164 calories)
    And for dessert a whole tub of halo top icecream(who are these people that can only eat half the tub?)
    At work I try to eat little and often as I do super long shifts
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    crazyravr wrote: »
    My volumized oatmeal...

Maybe I am missing something but how is this volume?
    The mug is 6 cup, I see its at most 1/3 full so 2cup. Thats volume? Not too me.... but calories are low and gonna be a sweet gooie thing by the end so its all good :)

Man... I miss @pinggolfer96 and his bath tub sized salads :)

I looked at the Instragram page & some of the pictures that @pinggolfer96 posted on here didn't seem to be on Jordan Ver Hoeve's page. The only other thing I can think of is perhaps taking pictures from someone's stories & using it as your own?
  • rohhse
    rohhse Posts: 16 Member
    I am reading about volume eating and I read something that said volume eaters find satisfaction in larger quantities of food. This is exactly me. I'm writing some ideas down of things I can make at home that I can just happily munch on and also take to work the next day.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,376 Member
    Odd one. I cooked a carrot and sweet potato soup with coconut milk, ginger, lots of chilli peppers and cashew nuts yesterday with a white crusty roll. Then I realized that it's kind of lacking fat and protein. Then I ate it, enjoyed it, and felt very full at 550kcal. Had a second serving today, and the same happened again. Last portion will be tomorrow <3
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    edited January 2019
    @geiznekcm try Thrive Market, an online grocery store.
    geiznekcm wrote: »
    Sallyw2004 wrote: »
    5vkds4mo7gkb.jpeg

Speaking of online shopping,
    Can anyone offer any recommendations for the best places to purchase in terms of quality and cost?

Thank you xx
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    redcase wrote: »
    Have a look at the flat outs wraps as those are easy to find.

Yes, I like the FlatOut wraps too. Thanks.

Tumaros are the #1 lowest calorie for size wrap out there with the best flavors (everything bagel, pumpernickel, sourdough, rye) My absolute favorite!

I forgot about these & just bought the Honey Wheat & White varieties. Today I used the white & put Freshy Pebbles cashew butter & a little bit of off brand Fruity Pebbles on.
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Fruity Pebbles cashew butter? :o
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    redcase wrote: »
    Have a look at the flat outs wraps as those are easy to find.

Yes, I like the FlatOut wraps too. Thanks.

Tumaros are the #1 lowest calorie for size wrap out there with the best flavors (everything bagel, pumpernickel, sourdough, rye) My absolute favorite!

I forgot about these & just bought the Honey Wheat & White varieties. Today I used the white & put Freshy Pebbles cashew butter & a little bit of off brand Fruity Pebbles on.

Huh.... heart be still! Lol
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    edited January 2019
    freshy_pebbles_grande.jpg?v=1544609277

https://youfreshnaturals.com/

I also love the Fresharoos in a vanilla flavor (basically a Dunkaroo spread)
  • psychod787

Calories per serving?
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    psychod787 wrote: »

Calories per serving?

I think most of the spreads are around 170-180.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    edited January 2019
    I saw they also make oatmeal cream pie and honey buns one
    x74brwwuflhf.png

psychod787 wrote: »

Calories per serving?

I think most of the spreads are around 170-180.
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    A little something something 😉

knc2tnv34px3.jpg

Pray tell...is this one of your cheesecakes or something else?
  • psychod787
    Posted this in the recipe section, but because this also belongs here....

7b69i11m4f7x.jpg

Nutrition Facts
    Servings 1.0
    Amount Per Serving
    calories 465
    % Daily Value *
    Total Fat 15 g 23 %
    Saturated Fat 5 g 23 %
    Monounsaturated Fat 5 g
    Polyunsaturated Fat 3 g
    Trans Fat 0 g
    Cholesterol 583 mg 194 %
    Sodium 1130 mg 47 %
    Potassium 862 mg 25 %
    Total Carbohydrate 40 g 13 %
    Dietary Fiber 19 g 77 %
    Sugars 18 g
    Protein 47 g 94 %
    Vitamin A 458 %
    Vitamin C 5 %
    Calcium 106 %
    ]Iron 43 %
    * The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.

Get:

0.25 cup, Apple Sauce
    1 tsp, Baking Powder
    2 cup, Pure Pumpkin
    1 Tablespoons, Salt
    30 g, protein powder ANY (I used myprotein Vanilla)
    3 large, Egg
    1 Tablespoon, Vanilla

Do:
    #1. Crack eggs and separate white from yolk.
    #2. Whip the egg whites to stiff peaks (photo 1)
    #3. Mix the yolks and protein powder until well combined.
    #4. Add in the rest of the ingredients and mix until its all combined. Taste for sweetness. To my taste I did not need to add any sweetened because the protein powder was sweet enough. (photo 2)
    #5. In 3 parts fold in the beaten egg whites into the mix. Just until combined. Dont over mix. I used a spatula for this (photo 3)
    #6. Line a baking pan or spring pan (I used the same one I am using for my cheesecake (6x3) and it was almost to the top before baking, and fill with the mix. Top with some shaved chocolate and berries if you like, like I did.
    #7. Bake at 375F for 45 - 50 minutes. In my Breville Smart Pro it was 45 minutes. Do the tooth pick test to be sure.
    #8. Allow to cool and enjoy a slice or the whole thing.

Photo 1.
    x2d1ssyuh8ok.jpg

Photo 2.
    j4xbwvab3j1k.jpg

Photo 3.
    bucplc5y3xbe.jpg

Photo 4. Before baking.
    8slx3ob6ex72.jpg

Photo 5. After baking.
    tvdai82g2o86.jpg

Epic bro... just epic...
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Posted this in the recipe section, but because this also belongs here....

7b69i11m4f7x.jpg

Nutrition Facts
    Servings 1.0
    Amount Per Serving
    calories 465
    % Daily Value *
    Total Fat 15 g 23 %
    Saturated Fat 5 g 23 %
    Monounsaturated Fat 5 g
    Polyunsaturated Fat 3 g
    Trans Fat 0 g
    Cholesterol 583 mg 194 %
    Sodium 1130 mg 47 %
    Potassium 862 mg 25 %
    Total Carbohydrate 40 g 13 %
    Dietary Fiber 19 g 77 %
    Sugars 18 g
    Protein 47 g 94 %
    Vitamin A 458 %
    Vitamin C 5 %
    Calcium 106 %
    ]Iron 43 %
    * The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.

Get:

0.25 cup, Apple Sauce
    1 tsp, Baking Powder
    2 cup, Pure Pumpkin
    1 Tablespoons, Salt
    30 g, protein powder ANY (I used myprotein Vanilla)
    3 large, Egg
    1 Tablespoon, Vanilla

Do:
    #1. Crack eggs and separate white from yolk.
    #2. Whip the egg whites to stiff peaks (photo 1)
    #3. Mix the yolks and protein powder until well combined.
    #4. Add in the rest of the ingredients and mix until its all combined. Taste for sweetness. To my taste I did not need to add any sweetened because the protein powder was sweet enough. (photo 2)
    #5. In 3 parts fold in the beaten egg whites into the mix. Just until combined. Dont over mix. I used a spatula for this (photo 3)
    #6. Line a baking pan or spring pan (I used the same one I am using for my cheesecake (6x3) and it was almost to the top before baking, and fill with the mix. Top with some shaved chocolate and berries if you like, like I did.
    #7. Bake at 375F for 45 - 50 minutes. In my Breville Smart Pro it was 45 minutes. Do the tooth pick test to be sure.
    #8. Allow to cool and enjoy a slice or the whole thing.

Photo 1.
    x2d1ssyuh8ok.jpg

Photo 2.
    j4xbwvab3j1k.jpg

Photo 3.
    bucplc5y3xbe.jpg

Photo 4. Before baking.
    8slx3ob6ex72.jpg

Photo 5. After baking.
    tvdai82g2o86.jpg

Looks awesome! I need to start cooking with egg whites and protein powder more! I remember that other guy posted that GIGANTIC loaf for <500 calories too that I've been meaning to make.