Hope

I really want to try this and see it to the end, my eating is out of control, it affects me in so many areas of my life, I am in the 40s. I find it hard to be motivated,

Replies

• gimmekimchee_x
    gimmekimchee_x Posts: 24 Member
    This is a good start! Wishing you strength and success!! 😁
  • jemillen
    jemillen Posts: 8 Member
    Tammy, you are off to a good start and have taken the first step by wanting to succeed! Good for you! <3

I have lots to lose too, but I'm slowly learning that when I have emotional cravings, I plan ahead to have something else to do other than eating....I like coloring books for adults, writing in a journal, and doing craft projects... anything to keep my hands and mind busy. If I still feel I have to eat :( , I keep emergency healthy snacks such as salted almonds on hand. That works for me since I often craved salty snacks.

I wish you all the success in the world! You can do it! <3
  • pattigorman
    pattigorman Posts: 33 Member
    Had such a tough time last night ridfing myself of ruining my health by eating tons of unhealthy foods. Have to grocery shop today. Hoping I can continue to think of my health & choose healthy foods.
  • noegrand123
    noegrand123 Posts: 166 Member
    Tammy how is it going?? I think many of us are in the same boat as you.

Sometimes my battle, not to sound dramatic, is literally getting to the next hour without eating. Trying to change my “comfort” from food to something else. We are slowly killing ourselves when we medicate with good. Not saying you are doing this, but I sure am - it’s how I got here unfortunately!

You WILL see this through to the end. Hang in there! Don’t quit!