Accountability-Daily Support/motivation group

Replies

• Running2Fit
    Running2Fit Posts: 702 Member
    I'm spending my Sunday planning out my workouts for the week. I'm starting my 10K training program tomorrow (step one in training for my half in September). I'm really excited to start building my mileage! I spent January just strengthening my base mileage since my running was really sporadic in 2018. Still trying to decide what I want to do for my cross training days, maybe spin. My goal is to be into the 130s by the time I complete this 8 week training plan which I think is pretty realistic since I'm at 144 now. My weight loss has definitely slowed this month but it's really important to me to properly fuel my runs so I'll just be happy that the weight is still coming off.
  • proudmotherof6
    proudmotherof6 Posts: 40 Member
    Ok, so here I am on my first negative message. I travelled this week and was very afraid of this. As it turns out I didn't eat like I do in my house, but I was a bit careful with the carbs, kept away from booze and kept away from cake / sweets in the meeting room. On the negative side I did binge a bit on the quantities especially at the dinners.

So Friday I was really tired and played golf but I was really destroyed ( 4 am wake up weds, arriving to my house thurday at 1.30 in the morning after aircraft delay )

And yesterday to finish the week I caved and went out with a group of friends at lunch and binged in my old style. Basically 3000 cals lunch, and sparkling wine and beers and scotch. I didn't have dinner or snacks in the afternoon but I basically came to look as my old me.

The scale is not looking too bad, still holding 14 pounds down instead of 16 but just lacking the motivation.

Also I'm all the week travelling and I guess this demotivates more as I know it's practically impossible to do my home program.

And in 2 weeks there we go. Operation and 0 cal consumption from months.

Feeling down today.

Proud for my mini accomplishments but with the operation etc...feel I interrupt totally my program again.

At I least I managed to do the calorie counting and have increased my steps from 2500 daily to 5500.

Cheers.

Just try to focus on the accomplishments you did do. Make a small list of accomplishments you want to do this upcoming week and be proud of anything you accomplish from it. If you know your going to drink try to tell yourself only one beer and one shot. or tell yourself your only going to eat an appetizer and not a full meal. Just start small and you will be back home back to your new eating habits in no time. Good luck!
  • proudmotherof6
    heathervo wrote: »
    Had just an ok week but not terrible. I haven’t been meeting my water goal though so I need to get back on that. Trying to start today off good and have a better week. Any new challenges?

Same here. No new challenges for me sorry. Good luck on this coming week.
  • proudmotherof6
    I'm spending my Sunday planning out my workouts for the week. I'm starting my 10K training program tomorrow (step one in training for my half in September). I'm really excited to start building my mileage! I spent January just strengthening my base mileage since my running was really sporadic in 2018. Still trying to decide what I want to do for my cross training days, maybe spin. My goal is to be into the 130s by the time I complete this 8 week training plan which I think is pretty realistic since I'm at 144 now. My weight loss has definitely slowed this month but it's really important to me to properly fuel my runs so I'll just be happy that the weight is still coming off.

Keep up the good work! Glad to see your still motivated 😊
  • Steelkid
    Steelkid Posts: 74 Member
    Down close to another two lbs, so that makes 9 since January 16th. What did I do differently yesterday? I cut back on the honey wheat bread and increased water intake.
  • Running2Fit
    Weekly Weigh-In
    12/31 - 147.5
    01/07 - 146.2
    01/14 - 145.1
    01/21 - 144.4
    01/28 - 144.0

Small loss this week. It would be nice if it was bigger. Just gotta keep going though. Doing my first 10K training run today! I’m pretty excited! I love that running gives me another goal to focus on other than weight loss.
  • LiLee2018
    LiLee2018 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Today is my weigh in day and
    SW (7 months ago)- 224
    CW (1/28)- 179.2lbs

45lbs lost so far. It's kind of slow going but it's going :)
    Still have a lot left to lose but I'm gonna get there.
    This last week has been rough though. TtotM showed up along with a nice cold from my kids. I've been So tired lately and can't wait to start feeling better again. Also looking forward to feeling good enough to exercise again. ... not that I enjoy doing it though, but that's just something else to work through :)
  • proudmotherof6
    LiLee2018 wrote: »
    Today is my weigh in day and
    SW (7 months ago)- 224
    CW (1/28)- 179.2lbs

45lbs lost so far. It's kind of slow going but it's going :)
    Still have a lot left to lose but I'm gonna get there.
    This last week has been rough though. TtotM showed up along with a nice cold from my kids. I've been So tired lately and can't wait to start feeling better again. Also looking forward to feeling good enough to exercise again. ... not that I enjoy doing it though, but that's just something else to work through :)

Nice amount of weight lost. Keep up the good work!!!
  • Running2Fit
    Absolutely crushed it on my run today! Ran outside for the first time this year (I really hate the cold but decided to suck it up) and hit a 9:55 average pace! Which blows my previous times out of the water! I was worried I’d be a lot slower off the treadmill so today was very encouraging!
  • heathervo
    heathervo Posts: 36 Member
    Ok, so here I am on my first negative message. I travelled this week and was very afraid of this. As it turns out I didn't eat like I do in my house, but I was a bit careful with the carbs, kept away from booze and kept away from cake / sweets in the meeting room. On the negative side I did binge a bit on the quantities especially at the dinners.

So Friday I was really tired and played golf but I was really destroyed ( 4 am wake up weds, arriving to my house thurday at 1.30 in the morning after aircraft delay )

And yesterday to finish the week I caved and went out with a group of friends at lunch and binged in my old style. Basically 3000 cals lunch, and sparkling wine and beers and scotch. I didn't have dinner or snacks in the afternoon but I basically came to look as my old me.

The scale is not looking too bad, still holding 14 pounds down instead of 16 but just lacking the motivation.

Also I'm all the week travelling and I guess this demotivates more as I know it's practically impossible to do my home program.

And in 2 weeks there we go. Operation and 0 cal consumption from months.

Feeling down today.

Proud for my mini accomplishments but with the operation etc...feel I interrupt totally my program again.

At I least I managed to do the calorie counting and have increased my steps from 2500 daily to 5500.

Cheers.

I totally get how you can get off track especially out of the house where you can control more. It’s done now and all you can do today is try to be better than yesterday .. and so on.
    It’s all a mental game, don’t beat yourself up anymore. You can get back on track and you will
  • heathervo
    heathervo Posts: 36 Member
    Absolutely crushed it on my run today! Ran outside for the first time this year (I really hate the cold but decided to suck it up) and hit a 9:55 average pace! Which blows my previous times out of the water! I was worried I’d be a lot slower off the treadmill so today was very encouraging!
    Great job!!
  • echoroyal79
    echoroyal79 Posts: 72 Member
    Sorry I havent been around lately. Was spending time with with my son.. he is now gone back home so now it is back to my plan.
    Today I just did 20 minutes on the elliptical.
    How is everyone else doing
  • echoroyal79
    echoroyal79 Posts: 72 Member
    cip0dmw253xi.jpg
  • ShopGirl9999
    ShopGirl9999 Posts: 775 Member
    Water and workout happened today.

Calories was over...pms and craving salt and sugar. Tomorrow will focus
  • Running2Fit
    Decided to go with the elliptical for my cross training days. I only have access to the small gym in my apartment complex and their stationary bike was absolutely ancient and I’m not sure it still works properly.

I got in 30 minutes on the elliptical and 30 minutes of upper body strength training today. It was nice break to do some cardio that wasn’t running and is low impact.
  • CowgirlConnieMay
    CowgirlConnieMay Posts: 300 Member
    Lots of computer work still to do....goal is to make myself stop by 730 and exercise for minutes before bed.
  • rosieposiesrl
    rosieposiesrl Posts: 27 Member
    Hi Melani, I'm Rosie - a gluten free Vegan & absolutely loving it, looking for more support from like-minded people. Add me if you like :)
  • steph333
    steph333 Posts: 3 Member
    Hi everyone! I’ve been dieting for two weeks now, lost 6lbs! But need some competition to keep me going as I feel it works better as I’m quite competitive haha! So hi! I’m currently 11st 10lb and want toget down to about 9st 5lb so a couple of stone to go!
  • Bliss515
    Bliss515 Posts: 3 Member
    @steph333 I'm down about 4 lbs. Challenge accepted!
  • Bliss515
    Bliss515 Posts: 3 Member
    edited January 2019
    I started the year good, but had a rough week or so. Started back to exercising and eating better this week though due to a weight loss competition at my crossfit gym. Would like to connect with people that can push each other. Like the poster above me, looking to push each other. Feel free to add me and I can help keep you accountable and hopefully you return the favor. Add me if you'd like.