Looking for friends to share recipes with

habokhalifa
habokhalifa Posts: 7 Member
Hi! I’ve only started dieting a couple of weeks ago and sometimes I don’t know what to cook or prepare for my meals, and I keep searching for recipes online and try them until I get really bored. They don’t always taste good, so I stick to the recipes I already know and repeat them. I’m looking for friends to share recipes with! 😃

Replies

• finfan76
    finfan76 Posts: 5 Member
    Me too!
  • dawnnewland1
    dawnnewland1 Posts: 13 Member
    I’d also love this!!
  • zainabteek
    zainabteek Posts: 1 Member
    :)
  • I would too! I'm trying to get use to this app and am not sure where to look for meal ideas.
  • back2happy2005
    back2happy2005 Posts: 108 Member
    i'm in! I am always looking for new things that are healthy and my family will eat
  • mrsyarnlady8831
    mrsyarnlady8831 Posts: 17 Member
    Sounds great!
  • corrarjo
    corrarjo Posts: 1,157 Member
    edited February 2019
    "Chef John" at FoodWishes.com

Real meals made with real food with a video for each recipe. Made mostly with fresh ingredients so there is no suprise added salt or sugar. Adjust ingredients for proper portion size. I've been using his recipes for the last few weeks and each meal comes in at 200 to 500 calories. They are filling and delicious. And I'm loosing weight! I cook 4 to 6 servings each and keep it in the fridge or the freezer

Calories Recipes I've made so far:
    204 Portuguese sausage, potato and kale soup
    360 Sausage pasta fagiola (beans, pasta, sausage and swiss chard)
    334 Steak Piazziola (hangar steak (most excellent), mushrooms, sweet peppers in a tomato
    sauce)
    198 Chipotle chicken in Adobo sauce (used to build tacos, burritos or taco salad)
    326 Ham and potato soup
    415 Beef Stroganoff
    39 Basic tomato sauce to add to any dish
    488 Orzo with chicken and sausage
    367 Beef (shank) and barley stew
    133 Green beans with bacon and tomato
    455 Roasted chicken, potato, sausage and peppers
  • Miss_Snow_White
    Miss_Snow_White Posts: 64 Member
    I'm always looking for friends to swap recipes. Mine are mostly low carb I get bored eating the same stuff all the time. Anyone feel free to add me 😊
  • mrsyarnlady8831
    I've no idea how to add people
  • corrarjo

Go to your home page. Select COMMUNITY at the top of the tool bar. Then just below that select FIND MEMBERS. Type in the user name you are looking for. You can find that under that users image on any post you see them. Press search and that persons profile should appear. Select ADD AS A FRIEND. Don't know what happens after that. Don't have any friends. Let me know how you make out.
  • sonilac
    sonilac Posts: 55 Member
    My favorite 2 recipes now are 2 winter salads, I serve them with a side of protein. One is a potato/avocado salad and one is an orange/cabbage salad.
    1. https://mediterraneanlatinloveaffair.com/potato-avocado-dill-salad/
    2. https://mediterraneanlatinloveaffair.com/cabbage-orange-winter-salad/

I have more recipes, they're mostly Mediterranean and Latin and some fusions. Let me know what type of recipes you're looking for and i can share more of what i have. I'm interested in more food ideas too because i like to try new things, so definitely interested in looking at others' recipes.
  • corrarjo
    I'm eating some white chicken in a red chipotle sauce (home made) on a flour tortilla with a bed of shredded lettuce and cherry tomato garnish. Good stuff!
  • Bramewhiting
    Bramewhiting Posts: 3 Member
    Tonight I had garlic chilli prawns with zucchini noodles and mushrooms. Portion came to around 180 cals. So yummy.
  • corrarjo
    Peruse my diary. If you see something interesting send me a message and I'll get you the ingredients. I try to eat something new each day to keep from getting bored with food. My fridge is stocked right now, but I'll cook up something new this weekend.
  • Nomama1
    Nomama1 Posts: 6 Member
    I am in would love to exchange recipes
  • mrsyarnlady8831
    corrarjo wrote: »

Go to your home page. Select COMMUNITY at the top of the tool bar. Then just below that select FIND MEMBERS. Type in the user name you are looking for. You can find that under that users image on any post you see them. Press search and that persons profile should appear. Select ADD AS A FRIEND. Don't know what happens after that. Don't have any friends. Let me know how you make out.

THANK YOU!
  • sboursh
    sboursh Posts: 1 Member
    Hi! I’ve only started dieting a couple of weeks ago and sometimes I don’t know what to cook or prepare for my meals, and I keep searching for recipes online and try them until I get really bored. They don’t always taste good, so I stick to the recipes I already know and repeat them. I’m looking for friends to share recipes with! 😃

• midrissi2013
    midrissi2013 Posts: 1 Member
    Me too
  • corrarjo
    Ingredients for 6 large portions:

1 tablespoon olive oil
    12 ounces Linguica sausage
    1 onion diced fine, plus a pinch of salt
    3 pounds russet potatoes, peeled, sliced
    2 teaspoons salt, plus more as needed
    2 quarts chicken broth or water
    2 pounds kale, trimmed, chopped, washed and drained
    pinch of cayenne, optional

Right click and open in a new tab/window.
    Food Wishes