What Was Your Work Out Today?

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,724 Member
    Two and a half hours steadily shoveling 4-8" (depending on drifting) of snow from my driveway, in 15-22 degree F steady snow (hitting 200% of my oft-ignored steps goal in the process - LOL), then a vanishingly short machine row just to tick off another challenge day.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Vigorously worked my strider cardio machine for an hour.
  • laurenq1991
    laurenq1991 Posts: 384 Member
    edited January 2019
    Sunday -- 2.25 mile walk
    today -- 1.5 mile walk, 4x10 bicep curls 10lbs, 4x10 tricep extensions 5lbs, 2x24 walking lunges

Hopefully will get in an exercise bike workout tomorrow. Walking for extended periods of time in the cold is a challenge especially as my legs get itchy in the cold. I can go back to 5 or 6 mile walks once it warms up past 50 degrees. In high school and college I used to regularly walk 10 miles in a day and even walked up to 20 miles in one day but now I don't have the time for that, plus I get anxiety being too far from home. Also I would like to find more conditioning exercises I can do that don't require equipment besides weights and don't involve impact (since I live in an apartment and don't want to piss off my neighbors).
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    1 hour on the Air Dyne Pro. "Long" slow day (not sure if an hour qualifies for that but that's all I do mostly except on Sundays when I do around an hour and twenty). Pretty easy. According to the AD Pro, at around 130/135 Watts today (18/19 MPH if that means anything on an Assault Bike).
  • RunnerGrl1982
    RunnerGrl1982 Posts: 412 Member
    6 mile run, easy pace this morning. Strength training tonight.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,879 Member
    I'll do 30 minutes on the indoor bike trainer later this afternoon...that's about all I can handle mentally doing stationary work. I can't wait for the weather to warm up.
  • patpaget
    patpaget Posts: 4 Member
    Ran 4 miles walked 1/2 mile
  • firef1y72
    firef1y72 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Monday:
    30min PT session, rather more leg focused than I thought It would be.
    3.1mile recovery run
    Shoulders
    30 min tabata
    45 min barbell

Tuesday:
    3.1mile run
    30min PT - stair workout
    45 min zumba
    45 min insanity
    45 min boxercise
  • CentaurusSoter
    CentaurusSoter Posts: 433 Member
    12 miles / 34:38 / 427
    I was biking slower, did a mile less tonight, but burned more calories per mile than last night. This ride felt faster and harder, but wasn’t.. odd.

Ah well. Good ride regardless.
  • lizziequek
    lizziequek Posts: 1,373 Member
    light day -31 minutes walk with dog
  • pierinifitness
    pierinifitness Posts: 2,231 Member
    Had a another all-day webinar today so once again another 15 x 4 = 60 workout this time using a 12-inch step in my spare office.

15 minutes of 4-count step-ups to 12” step at pace of 25/minute or 375 step-ups in 15 minutes done 4 times during day for total of 1 hour and 1,500 steps.

Tougher than previous day when I did brisk walking.

Tomorrow should be back to normal.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Yesterday I just did an hour of core and upper body with a bit of yoga. Headed out to run a flat road 5 miles shortly, today.
  • rldeclercq4
    rldeclercq4 Posts: 269 Member
    Nothing...I’m still sick 😭😭
  • RunnerGrl1982
    RunnerGrl1982 Posts: 412 Member
    A terrible speed workout. So disappointing - BUT there's always next time to improve upon. Just got to keep looking ahead.
  • dangerousdumpling
    dangerousdumpling Posts: 1,109 Member
    I walked outdoors and did Brazil Butt Lift Bum Bum. I haven't done it in ages and was pleasantly surprised by how much of it I could do. I'm considering a 30 or 60 day BBL commitment.
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    edited January 2019
    50 minutes on the Air Dyne Pro @ roughly 135/140 Watts. Not enough time for my usual full hour. Very easy work. Got a late start. Tomorrow is push for an hour hard.

I've been working extremely hard on controlling my "easy" days so I can push as hard as I can on the two hard days that I do cardio. We'll see if I improve tomorrow. Last week, held (at least according the AD Pro), 233 Watts for an hour last week.
  • firef1y72
    firef1y72 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Was supposed to have done sprints with my PT at 6am and the a 5mile at steady race pace but the paths were treacherous and it wasn't safe to run outside.
    So I did a 3.1 mile tempo run on the treadmill. I hate running on the dreadmill so just decided to get it done, didn't look at speed, distance, etc, but every time I settled at a pace I cranked it up. Ended up running my fastest treadmill 5k by a long way and being only 15sec off my all time 5k pr (which I got on a mostly downhill run)

Then did half hour of abs including decline sit ups, slam ball pass sit ups, Russian twists, v crunches and cable twists.

Finished the day with 45min of very bouncy zumba.
  • laurenq1991
    laurenq1991 Posts: 384 Member
    Yesterday -- didn't work out as I ran out of time

Today -- 20 minutes on exercise bike (considered going for longer but didn't want to risk injury), 4x10 bicep curls 10lbs, 4x10 tricep extensions 10lbs, 2x24 walking lunges, 2x5 pushups. Hoping to get to the gym at least once by Sunday.
  • pierinifitness
    pierinifitness Posts: 2,231 Member
    Alternating pull-ups and chin-ups for 20 minutes.

Bar dips for 20 minutes.