Dress sizes in ladies 5'4-5'7

Ladies between 5'4 and 5'7 who successfully lost weight, I am curious how many pounds did it take you to go down a size (US)? I am trying to picture what size will I wear at my goal of 125-130lb. I am 5'5.5, currently 150lb and wear size 8 or 10, depending on a brand. I don't do any lifting or meaningful resistance training.

Replies

• zeejane03
    zeejane03 Posts: 993 Member
    edited January 2019
    I'm 5ft, 6in currently at around 137lbs and I wear a size 4 dress usually. When I was down into the 120s I wore size 2/XS dresses.
  • 2snakeswoman
    2snakeswoman Posts: 655 Member
    I am 5'6" and the last time I was around 130 pounds, I wore a size 9, but that was 30+ years ago, and size 9 was likely smaller than it is now.

Sizes really depend a lot on how weight is distributed, though. My daughter is at least an inch or 2 shorter than I am and weighs the same. She wears a size 12, sometimes 14. I wear a size 14 or 16, most comfortably 16. I don't understand this at all, but it's true.
  • hippiesaur
    hippiesaur Posts: 137 Member
    I'm around 128 lbs, 5'6 and I usually wear XS/S tops, S/M bottoms, not sure about US sizes cause I don't live there, according to my google search it might be anything from 4 to 8.
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    This site has pictures of ladies that are searchable by height, weight, age, clothing size. It gives a good perspective of how women vary at similar measurements: https://www.mybodygallery.com/index.html#.XE9JIVxKgko
  • Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,131 Member
    kami3006 wrote: »
    This site has pictures of ladies that are searchable by height, weight, age, clothing size. It gives a good perspective of how women vary at similar measurements: https://www.mybodygallery.com/index.html#.XE9JIVxKgko

This is the reply that I got when I entered my data. I guess that I am a special or an awkward snow flake :'(
    NOTE: Not all images are tagged with an age, so age filtering may return inaccurate results.
    No Results Returned
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    edited January 2019
    Gisel2015 wrote: »

This is the reply that I got when I entered my data. I guess that I am a special or an awkward snow flake :'(
    NOTE: Not all images are tagged with an age, so age filtering may return inaccurate results.
    No Results Returned

Maybe you are, indeed, a snowflake. Think of it as a good thing. :D
  • carolintally
    carolintally Posts: 8 Member

Thank you for this link! I'm always uncomfortable posting that my maintenance weight is around 155 since it sounds so much higher than the weight posted by other maintainers. But these photos confirm that 155 is a reasonable, maintainable weight for my body type and puts me at a size I'm comfortable wearing.
  • ceiswyn
    ceiswyn Posts: 2,253 Member
    I'm 5'7 and about 150 lb. I currently wear a UK10 in dresses, which I believe is equivalent to a US6.

However I usually have to go up a size for trousers, and get to go down a size for flared skirts - I have big hips and a small waist.
  • Anna022119
    Anna022119 Posts: 545 Member
    I'm 5'6, 120 lbs and currently in size 2 US.
  • jesspen91
    jesspen91 Posts: 1,383 Member
    I'm a bit shorter at 5"3 but I was a UK size 12/14 (US 8/10) at 150lbs and am now a UK size 10/12 (US 6/8) at 136lbs. I think I started buying some size 10 clothes at around 140lbs and when I was 132lbs I was wearing mostly size 10 so for me it is around a dress size every 10lbs. But again, I'm shorter than you.
  • palmuphandopen
    palmuphandopen Posts: 30 Member
    5'5 165 dress sizes are usually 8, jeans 6, tops small.
  • kellycz
    kellycz Posts: 57 Member
    5'5", 140, size 10.
  • prettygirlstorm1
    prettygirlstorm1 Posts: 722 Member
    I'm 5'7 170 lbs I wear a size 10 dress and jeans, M or L top
  • GirlVersusFat
    GirlVersusFat Posts: 31 Member
    I'm 5'5 135 I couldn't really say, I just wear what fits I've bought dresses and tops that range from size s to an XL. I don't think you could really ever know what size you wear, everybody is different and all clothes sizes are different.
  • gradchica27
    gradchica27 Posts: 777 Member
    edited January 2019
    That’s so difficult. At 135-140 (runner, no lifting) I wore a 4, sometimes a 6. At 130, (lifter, less cardio) usually a 2. At 125-130, a 0 or a 2 (lifting, plus more HIIT). This is in “normal” dresses, not fancy bridal shop dresses. I’m a 2/4 there, though that can vary widely.

ETA: I’m 5’4”, and these are for US shops like LOFT or Banana Republic, so not juniors sizes.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,717 Member
    In the 120s, at 5'5", I tend to be a US 6. Any smaller, and my shoulders become a problem, particularly if I try to move. I'm not super-muscular, I just have broad shoulders as a generality. If I didn't have shoulders, I could probably go to a smaller size, until my waist became the problem.

(I'm kind of built like a 14 year old boy who's starting to develop: Wider shoulders, kind of straight body shape, no hips/booty to speak of, even though not totally devoid of glute strength, either. They don't make women's dresses with 14-year-old boys in mind, typically. ;) )
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    At 5-7” and 125# I’m a size 2, at 135# I’m a size 4. Medium build, 32C and a rounder butt,
  • Britt614
    Britt614 Posts: 98 Member
    I am 5'9.5" and my lowest weight recently was 158 lbs. Jean size ranged from 0 to 4 and shirt size was usually an xs or small. I started at size 16 in jeans and XL in shirts. Once I was close to my end weight I was going down a pant size every other week. I went down in shoe size too from 10 to 8.5
  • sgriska
    sgriska Posts: 109 Member
    I’m 5’4”, 138 lbs, and wear a US size 6. I think I’m kind of at the bottom of clothing sizes to fit my frame because my hips are very lean and are the immovable Rock of Gibraltar standing between me and a size 4.
  • saramelie77
    saramelie77 Posts: 50 Member
    It really depends of your body composition. For myself, before having kids, weighing 140, I wore a size 7. I was strength training back then.