"TLFC" exercise and accountability support!

Replies

• steveko89
    steveko89 Posts: 2,214 Member
    Did manage to get my leg day in last night and push #2 in this morning

Cardio: n/a

Strength: Push Day #2
    Bench, OHP, Lateral Raises, DB Incline Press, Push Ups, Tricep Extensions, Shrugs

Assessment: Baked buffalo chicken kale salad last night, unsure on dinner plan with in-laws tonight. Need to buck this trend of switching between -500 calorie days and +2-500 calorie days and get consistently in a deficit if I want to see any meaningful fat loss.
  • Skee_2802
    Skee_2802 Posts: 296 Member
    Fridays are good but are even better when you have the day off from work and leads into a long weekend for Australia Day tomorrow. So it's a public holiday on Monday. Winning!

Taking the weekend off to catch up with mates and family, sink a few cold ones.

Cardio: Neat focused 14k steps

strength: BB bent row, Goblet squats, push ups, DB Romanian Deadlift, lat pulldown, Dan upright row, low to high cable chop, arm walk out = 4 sets / 10 - 15 rep range.

Assessment: Having a dirty burger from opportos for dinner.

• steveko89
    Friday means pull day #2 for the week. Had a work lunch unexpectedly yesterday but had some good pizza. Buffalo chicken salad for dinner so I managed to be only slightly over maintenance, but way up on sodium so the scale jumped up this morning, messing with my average for the week.

Strength: Deadlifts, BB rows, pull ups, curls

Assessment: Dinner with my parents tonight, everything pre-logged for the day already, should be able to stay on target.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,482 Member
    Hey gang!

I like myself unconditionally!

Happy TGIF!!! 4 clients this morning then I'm off! Just kickin' it, although getting a windshield replaced on my wife's car after a major rock hit.

Cardio: jog/walk- 3 miles (350 calories)

Strength: legs- leg press, front squats, leg extensions, lying leg curls, seated leg curls, stiff legged deadlifts. 4 x12,10,8, 6

Assessment: Chicken fettucine for dinner.

• ninerbuff
    Hey gang,

Happy weekend! 2 clients this morning then off. Got some yard work to do between the rain.

Cardio: walking- 30 min (150 calories)

Strength: core- crunches, leg lifts

Assessment: Broke down and had KFC for dinner.
  • Skee_2802
    Happy Monday Soldiers,

Hope everyone had a good weekend! Australia Day weekend was pretty decent, didn't go too crazy eating crap food but it wasn't all good either. Back to normal programming today.

Cardio: Assault bike 10/20 X 8

Strength: Deadlift, Decline crunches, chin up, DB rotational press, DB bent over row, DB bench press, hip thrust, skull crushers = low weight / high reps

Assessment: Chicken kebab for dinner. Under calories to offset my weekend of being over!
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang,

Happy Monday! 4 clients this morning and then 5 this evening! No rain, so I can actually do some stuff outside today.

Cardio: run/jog- 30 minutes (250 calories)

Strength: shoulders- front shoulder raise, face pulls, side laterals, shrugs. 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Pork chops and rice!

• steveko89
    Hope everyone had a good weekend. Got my Saturday workout in as planned before some friends came over the in afternoon. However, between the baby and just general wear/tear I'm deciding to drop my volume back to 5 days from 6, so back to a modified PHUL template. Going to run U-L-U-L-U to fill out the week and work on what I perceive to be a better aesthetic upper/lower body balance. I have somewhat of a short torso and have always felt I carry more weight in my legs.

Strength: Upper Hypertrophy
    Flat Bench, Barbell Rows, Lateral Raises, Incline DB Press, OHP, Curls, Pull ups

Assessment: Could not seem to stop stuffing my face yesterday; impromptu breakfast out with my in-laws and too much snacking. Spaghetti & Meatballs for dinner last night, chicken tonight.
  • Skee_2802
    Hey soldiers,

Happy Tuesday! High heat and humidity had me sweating like a *kitten* in church through today's workout. It was ugly and ran out of juice towards the back end of the workout and struggled through to get it done.

Cardio: 20 min walk post workout

Strength: DB row, DB step up, Push ups, BB RDL, Lat pulldown neutral grip, zombie squats, DB bicep curls, Decline crunches = 4sets / 10-15 rep range.

Assessment:Omelette for dinner. I'll be under Cal's as I can't eat any more. Might try liquid Cal's before bed to get my numbers up.
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang

Happy Tuesday! 4 clients this morning and then 4 tonight! Rain picking up again today.

Cardio: jog/walk- 30 minutes (250 calories)

Strength: chest- incline bench flyes, machine flyes, cable crossovers, dips. 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Lasagne and meat sauce.

• steveko89
    It's only Tuesday? Seems like a long week already. Little Weasel has been sleeping a little better over the last few nights so maybe we're into the homestretch of the newborn phase. Trying a new alarm app to get me out of bed better, will take some getting used to and may require some tweaking; I still stayed in bed too long and had to rush a little through my lifting, no chance to incorporate cardio if I don't have the time before I have to head to work.

Strength: Lower body Power day
    Back Squats, RDLs, Deadlifts, Power Cleans
    Only doing 115 on Power cleans as they're a new move for me. Need to practice that form, though I felt like I improved over the three sets I did today. I can't seem to get the right wrist flexion on the catch to have my elbows out like you're supposed to; same issue whenever I try to do front squats too (so I just don't).

Assessment: Chicken, broccoli w/ Frank's red hot sauce last night. Snacked on some peanut butter I didn't really need but still under on calories. Eggs, sausage and toast on the docket for dinner tonight. Teaching a training class at our corporate office this afternoon, hopefully I won't get stuck in too much traffic commuting from a different part of town.
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang!

Happy Humpday! 3 clients this morning then 4 tonight! Rain today. At least it ain't cold.

Cardio: jog/walk- 30 minutes (250 calories)

Strength: back- pulldowns, bent over barbell rows, seated cable rows, dumbell pullovers. 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Pho for dinner.

• Skee_2802
    Happy Thursday Soldiers,

Rest day for me yesterday and focused on keeping my NEAT up.

Cardio Assault bike 10/20 X 8

Strength DB leaning reverse lunges, decline crunches, lat pulldown, angled BB press, Smith bar row, DB bench press, Leg ext, Tricep kickback = low weight high reps.

assessment Something different and had an omelette lol
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang!

Happy Thursday! 4 clients this morning and 4 tonight! Lots of rain this morning. Traffic outta be fun.

Cardio: walk/jog- 60 minutes (350 calories)

Strength: arms- barbell curl, preacher curl, close grip bench, lying tricep extensions. 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Chicken fettucine.
  • steveko89
    Hey guys. Missed posting yesterday. Bitterly cold here in Cincinnati such that the 15F it is right now is downright balmy after the last two days.

Wednesday: Didn't get my workout done in the morning, made it up late last night. Chicken and Asparagus for dinner
    Strength: Upper Body Power
    Bench, Barbell Rows, Lateral Raises, OHP, Pull ups, Curls, and Incline DB Bench

Thursday: Quick turn and got my second leg day in like 6-7 hours after I finished by other workout
    Strength: Lower Body Hypertrophy
    Squats, RDLs, Deadlifts, Cleans

• ninerbuff
    steveko89 wrote: »
    Hey guys. Missed posting yesterday. Bitterly cold here in Cincinnati such that the 15F it is right now is downright balmy after the last two days.

Wednesday: Didn't get my workout done in the morning, made it up late last night. Chicken and Asparagus for dinner

Thursday: Quick turn and got my second leg day in like 6-7 hours after I finished by other workout
    Stay safe in that cold!

• ninerbuff
    Hey gang!

Happy TGIF!!! 4 clients this morning then 1 this evening. Slowly getting my weight back down.

Cardio: jog/walk- 3 miles (350 calories)

Strength: legs- leg press, front squats, leg extensions, lying leg curls, seated leg curls, stiff legged deadlifts. 4 x12,10,8, 6

Assessment: Sushi for dinner.
  • steveko89
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    steveko89 wrote: »

Stay safe in that cold!

Thanks, @ninerbuff. Through the worst of it for this polar vortex at least. High up in the 30s today, 59 and sunny by Sunday. The variability is killing me though, going to be back to low 30s and snow by next Friday if the extended forecast is to be believed. The big pressure swings mess with my sinuses and can make lifting first thing in the morning untenable.
  • steveko89
    Happy Friday, all.

Strength: Upper Body - Hypertrophy
    Bench, Barbell Rows, Lateral Raises, OHP, Pull ups, and Curls. Cut out incline bench for time and will probably circle back and try to get a few more sets of everything in tonight or tomorrow morning.

Assessment: Chicken for dinner tonight. Busier weekend ahead than I prefer; friend's birthday ~1 hour drive away tomorrow afternoon/evening and a church luncheon thing on Sunday
  • Skee_2802
    Hey soldiers,

Happy Saturday! Hope you're all well. I had an early family dinner yesterday so I swapped out my workout for a rest day instead and got it done today.

Cardio 20 min walk around the block post workout.

strength DB rows, Banded leg press, BB bench press, DB RDL, lat pulldown, DB front lateral raise, DB rear delts, high to low cable chop, low cable curls = 4 sets / 8-10 reps

assessment After the chicken tower burger I had for dinner last night which had everything from chicken, bacon, hash brown, cheese & half of the pantry on it, I've settled for eggs tonight.