Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Mind Blown

FeelinFooFooFeelinFooFoo Posts: 2,844Member Member Posts: 2,844Member Member
Ever hear something that literally blows your mind?

A couple days back I was showing a colleague a gift that I had brought home from India for my brother (an ornamental elephant made of stone, a large one and inside there is a smaller elephant, visible from the outside). Anyway I showed her it and it made her remember a cool fact. I wonder how many other people already know this?

You were once inside your grandmother's womb. Your mother's foetus was obviously in there containing all the eggs, one of which, was you. Cool right ?? My mind was blown. 🤯

What fact has blown you away ?

Replies

• FeelinFooFooFeelinFooFoo Posts: 2,844Member Member Posts: 2,844Member Member
    I read this the other day and thought it very cool.

I don’t have any other mind blowing facts. But last new I learned of the “new” chip technology my credit and debit cards have and I was mind blown. Everyone ones else was just like “yeah lady, this is old news now”

I'm usually late to the party with anything to do with tech. It would be fairly easy to blow my mind with tech stuff. Heck, I probably contain a chip somewhere that I have no clue about... although I hope not 😂
  • JustReadTheInstructionsJustReadTheInstructions Posts: 1,464Member Member Posts: 1,464Member Member

A couple days back I was showing a colleague a gift that I had brought home from India for my brother (an ornamental elephant made of stone, a large one and inside there is a smaller elephant, visible from the outside). Anyway I showed her it and it made her remember a cool fact. I wonder how many other people already know this?

You were once inside your grandmother's womb. Your mother's foetus was obviously in there containing all the eggs, one of which, was you. Cool right ?? My mind was blown. 🤯

I saw that and my first thought was my mom was adopted :neutral:

I saw that and my first thought was my mom was adopted :neutral:

My first thought was I always wanted to meet my grandma but little did i know I was once inside her. To say I felt creeped out just a little by this fact is a slight understatement. Then my creeped outness turned to pure joy as I enjoyed the craziness of it. It's almost like we're russian dolls. Ok I have managed to creep myself out again.
  • SirMxyzptlkSirMxyzptlk Posts: 870Member Member Posts: 870Member Member
    Maldives...everywhere you look is like a gosh danged postcard or travel picture.
    Maldives...everywhere you look is like a gosh danged postcard or travel picture.

I must try go there one time. Just need to save the pennies.
  • SirMxyzptlkSirMxyzptlk Posts: 870Member Member Posts: 870Member Member

I must try go there one time. Just need to save the pennies.

I is expensive but sooooo worth the experience.
  • Vikka_VVikka_V Posts: 7,810Member Member Posts: 7,810Member Member
    I've said this before, but my mind was blown when I was told that the week starts on Sunday, like on a calendar.
    So the weekend is Saturday and the week start is Sunday.
    Who knew? Not me.
    Vikka_V wrote: »

I never thought about that before.
    Not only was I in my grandmother, but honestly I never thought about being inside my dad's balls.

Nor did I until now. I need to sit down for a minute and make a cup of tea.
    I've said this before, but my mind was blown when I was told that the week starts on Sunday, like on a calendar.
    Who knew? Not me.

What is this ? I need to check this out my life is one big lie.
    It seems that the international standard makes the week begin on Monday but yes, some calenders etc say that Sunday is the first day. Hmmm.
  • iMagoiMago Posts: 4,126Member Member Posts: 4,126Member Member
    Who knew? Not me.

its even better when you realize that all days are just made up and there really isn't such a thing as a weekend or weekday at all <3
    iMago wrote: »
    Who knew? Not me.

its even better when you realize that all days are just made up and there really isn't such a thing as a weekend or weekday at all <3

Nor time.

Just tear it all up and become a heathen.

This reminds me. One time ages ago I was volunteering in an army museum (out of work and passing time) which, I now know doesnt exsist.....

Well this guy I was working alongside, we went out for lunch and sat by a lake with trees, bushes, plants. Y'know. Well all was normal and we are having some lunch and he starts asking me, 'look at that plant, can you see it?' I'm like, yeah. Then he went on to discuss theory about, does the plant even actually exsist ? Is it only there cos you are looking at it ? Mind Blown. I was just tryna enjoy a sandwich and this guy is talking about that. It reminds me of does a bear *kitten* in the woods ? If a tree falls and nobody is there to hear it, does it make a sound?? Hmmm.
  • Vikka_VVikka_V Posts: 7,810Member Member Posts: 7,810Member Member
    Who knew? Not me.

I like this idea!
    And now I don't like feeling like a sheep who just follows along with these made up "days"
    Who knew? Not me.

I like this idea!
    And now I don't like feeling like a sheep who just follows along with these made up "days"

Hey, if days are just made up then I'm making a new day called Funday. 🤣
    Funday
    Funday
    Funday
    Funday
    Funday
    Super Funday
    Super duper Funday

Mic drop. No more work.
  • RhiAnLewis17RhiAnLewis17 Posts: 2,299Member Member Posts: 2,299Member Member
    Funday
    Funday
    Funday
    Funday
    Funday
    Super Funday
    Super duper Funday

Mic drop. No more work.

You don't even need just seven... The amount of Fundays and Super Fundays multiplies exponentially.
    Funday
    Funday
    Funday
    Funday
    Funday
    Super Funday
    Super duper Funday

Mic drop. No more work.

You don't even need just seven... The amount of Fundays and Super Fundays multiplies exponentially.

I'm obviously conditioned to adhere to just 7 day weeks. I need a sheep detox. I now live inside super Funday. I am super Funday.
  • RhiAnLewis17RhiAnLewis17 Posts: 2,299Member Member Posts: 2,299Member Member
    Funday
    Funday
    Funday
    Funday
    Funday
    Super Funday
    Super duper Funday

Mic drop. No more work.

I'm obviously conditioned to adhere to just 7 day weeks. I need a sheep detox. I now live inside super Funday. I am super Funday.

You seem more like a Super Duper Funday to me. Shall we get a bouncy castle?
    Funday
    Funday
    Funday
    Funday
    Funday
    Super Funday
    Super duper Funday

Mic drop. No more work.

You seem more like a Super Duper Funday to me. Shall we get a bouncy castle?

🤣

A unicorn shaped one? Or a big do nut shaped one 🤣