Meal Preppers! What are you cooking this week?

Replies

• mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    i was home yesterday with the freezing temps so i made a ham and bean soup and a chocolate cake(no frosting) with coffee and cinnamon as opposed to the plain water.

i will probably be making some split pea. maybe roast some potatoes. maybe cinnamon pancake
  • AbandondedKSCharger
    AbandondedKSCharger Posts: 562 Member
    Meal Preppers...…..I think I want to start doing this. I think it will help eliminate last minute choices during the week......well duhh…...I'm sure it will. What is your suggestion to get started? Of course I won't start until next weekend with hosting a superbowl party on Sunday :)
  • AbandondedKSCharger
    AbandondedKSCharger Posts: 562 Member
    mgranai701 wrote: »
    Got my meal plan ready for the upcoming week!

Bfast- hubby will get ground turkey and egg whites. I’ll have cottage cheese, aidell’s chicken & apple sausage and a hard boiled egg with T.J. everything bagel seasoning.

Lunch- Greek grilled chicken pitas w/ coconut turmeric rice

Dinner- pot roast with Cauliflower mash

Snacks- ground sirloin w/ Ragu and pita chips, ham and pimento cheese spread pinwheels, veggies and hummus

So do you eat the same pot roast and mashed cauliflower every night?
  • carakirkey
    carakirkey Posts: 199 Member
    Soups usually and stock the freezer with veggie broth based soups. And if I have the oven on for something else will usually do a batch of roasted veggies.
  • HeyJulya
    HeyJulya Posts: 11 Member
    There is just the two of us...

Typically I prep multiple meats on Sundays (usually chicken, pork, steaks, ground meats, etc). I’ll also make one slow cooker meal for lunches during the week (e.g., stuffed peppers, lasagna, pot pie). I boil some eggs (to top salads) & make pancakes & sausages for quick breakfasts during the week.

For work week’s DINNERS I simply sauté fresh veggies, toss in one of the precooked proteins, a sauce (salsa, curry/coconut, teriyaki, pasta sauce) and serve with a starch (noodle, potatoes, rice, tortilla) & salad &/or fruit for a quick <30 minute dinner. I use my instant pot to make rice & baked potatoes under 8minutes.

I pack up the dinner leftovers for lunch the next day.

My husband is on an American Diabetes Association 1500 calorie Diet, and I am on Keto, so we have the proteins and veggies in common usually.
  • Polydactylkat
    Polydactylkat Posts: 31 Member
    I usually food prep on Sundays. A friend left her crock pot at my place so I think I’m going to use that ... mine has gone MIA since our last move. :( My hubby is a picky eater and I try to cook for both of us, but there are some staples I love that he doesn’t like ... such as beans and soups! Soups are the best in the winter! I’m getting some ideas from this thread :) I do usually prep breakfast egg/cheese/veggie wraps for the week too, since I usually eat in my car on my commute to work lol. Don’t want to end up eating fast food !
  • ChrysalisCove
    ChrysalisCove Posts: 975 Member
    My hubby is a picky eater and I try to cook for both of us, but there are some staples I love that he doesn’t like ... such as beans and soups! Soups are the best in the winter! I’m getting some ideas from this thread :)

My spouse is also anti-soup. I don’t get it; I love them! Luckily he travels a lot for work, so DS & I get our soup fix while he is gone.
  • Safari_Gal
    Safari_Gal Posts: 888 Member
    mg07030 wrote: »
    Added some almond rosemary flatbread!hdya8fctmfzb.jpeg

That looks delicious!!

Thanks! @ChrysalisCove !!

So cool that your daughter helps you meal prep!! :)

• MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    I'm heading off to hang out at a friend today for rainy day lounging, movies and crochet and am gonna take my top left box with me. I also made her one with quorn in place of the chicken, as she tends to eat veggie, to take along, out of ingredients I had left from my own. Winner winner keep on track day! Extra meal prep bonus :smile:
  • Mollyeverino
    Mollyeverino Posts: 22 Member
    @girlwithcurls2- I also have a husband and a child and meal prepping makes our life waaaaay easier than you may be thinking. You should give it a try just once, worst thing that could happen is that it really doesn’t work out for you. 👍🏻 your dinner plans look great though!!

@teriseaton so I usually switch up my meals from lunch to dinner. So one day I’ll eat the pot roast and mash for lunch and chicken for dinner, while the next day I’ll do the chicken for lunch and the pot roast for dinner. Even though I’m having the same 3 meals everyday, switching like that helps me mentally with not getting bored lol.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Breakfast muffins this week
  • Mollyeverino
    Ok, so I'm late on the prepping train this week and also making double meals because...well what my husband wants doesn't appeal to what I want. I know I know double work buuuut I'll get over it :/ Tried to keep the meals close so I would have to cook too much differently

Breakfast-
    Amador: Ground Turkey and egg white scramble
    Me: Hashbrown egg cups

Lunch-
    Amador: Ground sirloin lasagna
    Me: Portobella cap pizzas

Dinner-
    Amador: Chicken burrito bowls
    Me: Spicy chicken quesadillas

Snacks-
    Amador: Salmon and broccoli (his is more like 3 meals)
    Me: Apples, cottage cheese, Skinny cow ice creams
  • mmebouchon
    mmebouchon Posts: 855 Member
    rf2d352g5b9o.jpeg
    Then I add smoked salmon or chicken
  • gallicinvasion
    gallicinvasion Posts: 1,015 Member
    urpeq06a2gtd.jpeg

Make Greek marinated chicken, slapped onto a whole wheat flatbread with homemade tzatziki! Greek cucumber/red onion/tomato salad on the side.
  • Mollyeverino
    Finished up my prepping last night! 🙌🏻 left side is my meals, middle 2 are for our 2 year old (I just serve small portions at a time for him) and right side is my husbands.
  • JennJ323
    JennJ323 Posts: 646 Member
    Breakfasts: lazy this week, I'm just having a protein bar (almond, dark chocolate & peanut)
    Lunches: I made spicy chicken meatballs and roasted broccoli
    Snacks: cut up a pineapple and I weigh out my portion each day and I portioned out baby carrots and veggie dip. also grabbed a box of fiber one soft baked lemon bars to have a quick snack
    Dinner: I didn't really meal prep these, but I bought enough tilapia fillets to have one each night (actually only 3 nights this week) and am pairing it with delicious (frozen) tater tots
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    edited February 2019
    I weighed out berries to go with my yoghurts for breakfast, and made three days of lunches and dinners. A little chicken, some Quorn "beef," tuna and one with garbanzos. Some have seasoning, some I will sauce up as the mood strikes.

klsfzdu4ggb9.jpg
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,379 Member
    A riff off lasagna. Lower carb. Ground beef, diced zucchini and mushrooms, little tomato sauce, the same cottage cheese mix I use for lasagna layering. All that tossed together and then baked with mozz and parm topping. It's delicious and nutritious, lol
  • Mollyeverino
    Planning out this weeks meals to be cooked on Monday evening.

Breakfast-
    A: Ground turkey and egg white scramble
    Me: hashbrown Egg nests

Lunch-
    Honey Sriracha Meatballs w/ coconut milk jasmine rice (I think @gallicinvasion and I have the same pinterest boards lol)

Dinner-
    Garlic butter steak and zucchini bite

Snacks-
    A: Honey Lime tilapia w/ steamed broccoli
    Me: Roast beef and colby cheese sandwiched in cucumber slices, bell peppers and hummus, HB eggs