Keto paleo lc bulletproof!! Help

Hi! I need help to loose weight? I have a high fat content (after doing InBody scale) and am a endomorph I believe. Which diet should I follow! I can be super restrictive short term , am very goal oriented but do like a treat here and there? Any suggestions! Per scale I am obese and my visceral fat is high!!!! I am most concerned about this!

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,443 Member
    lin_be wrote: »
    Put your stats into MFP, find out how many calories to eat to lose 2-1lbs a week, buy a food scale, and then don’t exceed your daily calorie goal. That’s it. Endomorph or whatever means nothing.

That^^

Read this thread, @milkyfudge72

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Start here and read all the stickies at the top of the forum pages.

http://fit101.org/the-step-by-step-guide-to-losing-weight-with-myfitnesspal

You certainly dont want to be "Super restrictive" You need to attack this in a sensible and sustainable way.

Another vote for putting all your stats in MFP, choose a reasonable weight loss per week goal 1-2lbs. Weigh and measure all your food, eat to your calorie goal, hit the goal not under it as the deficit is built in. Log your foods honestly and consistantly and be patient. Weight can fluctuate on a daily basis so don't expect to lose consistantly every week.

But above all stay away from those faddy type diets. Eat the foods you love and make them fit your calorie goal you don't have to starve or cut out whole food groups to lose weight.

Loads of really good advice in the forums from very knowledgeable people so read and learn from them.

Be patient and it will happen

Good luck
  • milkyfudge72
    milkyfudge72 Posts: 5 Member
    Thanks!! It’s all so confusing!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,443 Member
    2typhqoxgynu.jpg
  • Maxxitt
    Maxxitt Posts: 1,281 Member

Its only confusing if you listen to all the outlandish claims and pseudoscience that's out there. Calories are king. Eat less than you burn and you'll lose weight. That's all there is to it.

This is entirely correct. *Some* people find that they can manage appetite better with various eating plans but the only thing that matters is eating fewer calories than you burn, and there is no earthly reason to be "super restrictive" no matter how you eat.
  • TrishSeren
    TrishSeren Posts: 587 Member
    Body fat scales aren't accurate and body types (eg: endomorph) are not a thing.

Eat less than you burn, it works.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,373 MFP Moderator
    I would also make notes of foods that are filling. Generally higher protein and higher fiber are a good place to start. After that play with fats and carbs to see what impacts satiety the most.
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Also, do not be super restrictive. There is no point in it and it can lead to bad habits. Weight loss takes a lot of time so be kind to yourself. There is nothing wrong with having treats if you can fit them in daily or weekly calorie budget.
  • Danp
    Danp Posts: 1,561 Member

Then keep it simple at the start. This doesn't have to be rocket surgery.

1. Get calorie target from MFP by entering your details
    2. Buy a food scale so you can accurately monitor and track your calorie intake.
    3. Eat whatever food you like in amounts that (roughly) meet your calorie target.

That's it. 3 things. Simple (but not always easy). Then once you get more experienced you can tackle the more complex aspects (if you even want/need to)
  • MikePTY
    MikePTY Posts: 3,816 Member
    The more words your diet has in it, the harder it is going to be to find consistent success. I don't even know what all the words in your title mean, let alone how anyone would reasonably follow it. Just focus on eating less calories than you burn. The rest is just noise.
  • milkyfudge72
    Ya... I was attempting to read and research a bit but wow... I find some of my answers are a little bit almost condescending.....I’m just trying to read up on dieting and the body to learn...I didn’t know what they were either....I will follow the map and buy a scale! Thanks
  • milkyfudge72
    I do appreciate all the tips!!
  • BeGrandLike
    BeGrandLike Posts: 184 Member
    If you're obese right now and you want to get to a 'normal' weight range, then you definitely don't want to do something super-restrictive! Losing a significant chunk of weight will take time, so you want to figure out a plan than you can live with for months and months at a time.

Of course, the first thing to do is to figure out your calorie allowance- MFP will help with that.

The second thing? Buy a kitchen weighing scales!

Once you've that done, you can experiment a little.

Some people find they feel fuller and happier eating six small meals/snacks a day. Others find that just makes them feel hungry all the time, and prefer to eat a couple of large meals per day and not snack at all. Still more people find a balance somewhere in the middle.

And similarly, you'll meet people who swear that eating more protein fills them up faster... and other people who swear by filling up on carbs or fat.

There's people who like to eat a big volume of veggies so they have a really full plate... and other people who find they prefer smaller volume meals with higher caloric density.

And there's even more people who aren't that bothered either way with all of the above, and who fit their eating plans around convenience and their routine.

There's only one way to find out where you are on any of those scales, and that's to try things out. But as long as you stick within your calorie limits and weigh&log all your food to be sure you are sticking within the limits, you'll lose weight all the same.

Best of luck! It's a long journey- so do work out how you can stick to that journey and have fun on the way. And- don't beat yourself up too much about a mistake here and there. You're only human. It'll be fine as long as you just chalk it down and keep chuggin' along :)
  • SirMxyzptlk
    SirMxyzptlk Posts: 841 Member
    Hi! I need help to loose weight? I have a high fat content (after doing InBody scale) and am a endomorph I believe. Which diet should I follow! I can be super restrictive short term , am very goal oriented but do like a treat here and there? Any suggestions! Per scale I am obese and my visceral fat is high!!!! I am most concerned about this!

I wish you the best but this post sounds like a setup for failure, with a lot of extreuous conditions, numbers, and goals to help you not meet super quick expectations.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Regardless of what it's called, it all comes down to CICO, so how bout NO diet...make a lifestyle change.
  • mburgess458
    mburgess458 Posts: 480 Member

I wish you the best but this post sounds like a setup for failure, with a lot of extreuous conditions, numbers, and goals to help you not meet super quick expectations.

I agree. The "super restrictive short term" also worries me. No one becomes obese from over eating short term, you can't fix anything with short term changes. Even if they lose weight short term it will all come back without a long term change.